Went To Donate Blood, Hemoglobin Was 18.2

K

Kratos

i never tested my iron or ferritin levels but I knew that my iron stores are high. i have no doubt that ive been suffering from iron overload and that's why my hormones are a mess. i'll be able to donate blood again in two months but all i have to say is to make sure that people avoid fortified foods with reduced iron because thats the reason why i've been suffering.

InChristAlone

i never tested my iron or ferritin levels but I knew that my iron stores are high. i have no doubt that ive been suffering from iron overload and that's why my hormones are a mess. i'll be able to donate blood again in two months but all i have to say is to make sure that people avoid fortified foods with reduced iron because thats the reason why i've been suffering.
So hemoglobin goes up in iron overload?

That’s interesting. Mine is also high for a female at 15.8. However, I do not eat iron fortified foods and eat very little meat except chicken and turkey breast a few times a week. I eat at most 1/4 lb of bison once per month. I never eat liver.

lampofred

Peat says estrogen increases iron retention

OP
K

Kratos

So hemoglobin goes up in iron overload?

yes one of the reasons why.

That’s interesting. Mine is also high for a female at 15.8. However, I do not eat iron fortified foods and eat very little meat except chicken and turkey breast a few times a week. I eat at most 1/4 lb of bison once per month. I never eat liver.

maybe a build up of iron over time? but most likely you do not have high levels of iron and it's due to another reason, even dehydration at the time of the blood draw could make the hemoglobin levels high.

Peat says estrogen increases iron retention

i've been eating garbage food since i was a kid and i started getting obese around 10. so its possible that my liver has been compromised and thats why it's underperforming. it all makes sense. i'd think that most people on the planet who eat fortified wheat and cereals and never donate blood have high levels of iron and are slowly killing themselves.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals