Normal Ferritin Low Iron

mgrabs

Hey guys see attached screenshot of bloodwork

My doctor wants me to up my iron. By taking an iron supplement. I always thought that was bad to do here. Does anyone have any advice?

I heard floradix liquid is a natural source to take.

I eat liver and red meat on the regular so its strange to me.

Why would my ferritin be okay but everything else low!
My TSH is elevated to 8.35 does that have to do with the low iron?

My doc started me on a half grain of thyroid

Attachments

• 11B89059-52AB-4C53-818C-250AABC4A268.jpeg
    11B89059-52AB-4C53-818C-250AABC4A268.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

TheSir

This kind of iron deficiency responds well to thyroid treatment. @youngsinatra recently made a post about a similar situation:

I can only speak for myself but supplementing thyroid normalized my low iron labs (low serum iron, low saturation (14%), high transferrin but normal ferritin around 70.

After 1 month on thyroid my serum iron normalized, iron saturation rose to 26%, transferrin normalized and ferritin rose to 100

youngsinatra

This kind of iron deficiency responds well to thyroid treatment. @youngsinatra recently made a post about a similar situation:

Yes very similar situation

youngsinatra

My doc preferred NP thyroid. Start half a grain
Okay, probably best to listen to the doctor because by doing so you can get regular blood work on how your body responds to it. It’s important to avoid overshooting the thyroid dose in the beginning so this seems sound advice.

OP
M

mgrabs

Okay, probably best to listen to the doctor because by doing so you can get regular blood work on how your body responds to it. It’s important to avoid overshooting the thyroid dose in the beginning.
Did that before starting at a grain! Wasn’t good

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals