Iron Deficiency Alters Serum Prolactin (high Prolactin)

tankasnowgod

I actually read 5 to 10 of his texts,also the partly annotated footnotes.
I didnt consider two things.First,that the U.S.A. has iron fortification,in germany,there is no such program.
Also i projected an idea of his belief partly from the "the milk,the oj" Diet,which,despite oysters once a week,
is iron depleted and will produce sickness.Lack of Brain Iron is severely disabling,and once that set in,"Patients"
without capable guidance will incur healthdefects they cant comprehend the point of origin of.
After all,We consume way too much Iron.
Also his references to the dark ages of biology,1920,1950,turn of the last century;these guys didnt know much,
there was just a paucity of data,And Peat had his true formative years ages ago.He is a product of his time,
a time where everything seemed possible,envisioning a new world of possibility.

Fair enough. Even in his article, Peat does state that iron deficiency does exist, but simply is not as common as assumed. And he is correct that it is not the main cause of anemia, especially in industrialized countries.

In general, while Peat does recommend milk and OJ heavily, he does not recommend those items exclusively. He does eat and recommend liver, oysters, and other forms of meat.

As far as Brain Iron, it should be noted that degenerative diseases like Alzheimers and Parkinsons display excess iron in the brain.

Collden

Interesting topic, there is some literature on how excessive dairy consumption can lead to iron deficiency in children (eg, Consumption of cow's milk as a cause of iron deficiency in infants and toddlers - PubMed)

Could the same be true in adults? I've been a heavy milk drinker all my life and since discovering Peat probably get the majority of my protein from dairy, also used to donate blood a lot when I was younger. My blood iron level has always been on the high end of normal but never tested ferritin. Is it possible to have high iron yet low ferritin? Scandinavians are heavy milk drinkers, but they traditionally also ate a lot of foods made from blood, such as blood pudding and blood sausage, could be this is necessary to balance out dairy consumption.

tommyg130

I donated blood twice , when I shouldnt
Have bc I fell for the Morley robins ***t. Sonatas two months ago and ferritin is still at 31. I’m 200lbs and eat over a lb of meat a day and eggs.

My issue is I didn’t need to donate, I slam coffee after all meals, and I have milk and cheese w all my meals .. calcium blocks iron.

My prolactin also went to 21 (highest it’s ever been) w the drop in iron. Every classic low iron symptom. My brain feels broke.

Idt most ppl realize the difference .. anemia is low hemoglobin and RBC. And of course low iron usually.

Iron deficiency is low ferretin and saturation.

Even ferritin of 100 can be too low. Ferritin of below 50 is really really dangerous long term for many ppl