Low Ferritin & Copper Levels

Milan555

For the past year, I've been trying my best to pinpoint the cause of my fatigue, lethargy, brain fog, and low libido. I have a few suspicions and I wanted to get some input.

Last year I was on and off supplementing anywhere from 35-55mg Zinc Picolinate per day without any copper alongside it. At some time late last year, I noticed I was much more fatigued than usual and I couldn't figure out why. Not a whole lot changed last year except taking zinc in high dosages. And I noticed fatigue hit later that year all of a sudden.

My doctor and myself have tested a wide range of things including ferritin, iron, thyroid, copper, vitamin D, B12, sleep apnea.

My current ferritin is at 50 in a range of about 20-300. Ferritin was actually down at 19 (right below normal range) before I started supplementing with iron 28mg/day. I dont know how to explain such a low ferritin.
Copper serum is 80 in a range of 72 - 144.
I am about to test Ceruloplasmin today, so I'll have the result in a couple days.
TSH - 1.25 (range of 0.5 - 4ish)
Free T3 - midrange
Free T4 - slight above midrange
Testosterone - midrange
Sleep apnea - no apnea present

I'm experiencing a lot of lethargy, fatigue, brain fog, poor libido, and lack of motivation to move. No matter how much sleep I get, its the same. I wake up feeling like I need more sleep, my eyes feel tired, and I become entirely useless by evening due to the lack of energy.

It intuitively feels like there is a lack of dopamine in me. I feel almost like a depressed person would without ACTUALLY being sad/depressed if that make sense. I feel like a zombie, for the most part. I still have interest in lot of things, but I'm behind severely inhibited by this fatigue.

Any tips about your own experience would help me out a lot. I've spent hundreds of dollars already in testing trying to pinpoint my issue. I hope it is as simple as a nutrient or mineral deficiency. Thank you!

Lynne

For the past year, I've been trying my best to pinpoint the cause of my fatigue, lethargy, brain fog, and low libido. I have a few suspicions and I wanted to get some input.

Last year I was on and off supplementing anywhere from 35-55mg Zinc Picolinate per day without any copper alongside it. At some time late last year, I noticed I was much more fatigued than usual and I couldn't figure out why. Not a whole lot changed last year except taking zinc in high dosages. And I noticed fatigue hit later that year all of a sudden.

My doctor and myself have tested a wide range of things including ferritin, iron, thyroid, copper, vitamin D, B12, sleep apnea.

My current ferritin is at 50 in a range of about 20-300. Ferritin was actually down at 19 (right below normal range) before I started supplementing with iron 28mg/day. I dont know how to explain such a low ferritin.
I am about to test Ceruloplasmin today, so I'll have the result in a couple days.
Free T3 - midrange
Testosterone - midrange

I'm experiencing a lot of lethargy, fatigue, brain fog, poor libido, and lack of motivation to move. No matter how much sleep I get, its the same. I wake up feeling like I need more sleep, my eyes feel tired, and I become entirely useless by evening due to the lack of energy.

It intuitively feels like there is a lack of dopamine in me. I feel almost like a depressed person would without ACTUALLY being sad/depressed if that make sense. I feel like a zombie, for the most part. I still have interest in lot of things, but I'm behind severely inhibited by this fatigue.

Any tips about your own experience would help me out a lot. I've spent hundreds of dollars already in testing trying to pinpoint my issue. I hope it is as simple as a nutrient or mineral deficiency. Thank you!

I wouldn't take iron, copper supps without listening to Thomas E Levy MD JD (eg ). According to him, nobody should take copper or calcium supps and, unless you're diagnosed with iron deficient anemia, nobody should ever take iron. He says a ferritin level of 15-20 is ideal, up to 25 ok and over 30 is too much. So by that measure your previous level of 19 was good. He's not the only person talking about the dangers of excess iron. I wish I'd known this then I was prescribed a ferritin supp years ago (mine was 19 too) as taking it caused me some greater peoblems with mineral balance and a consequent domino effect with other health problems. I doubt very much that your symptoms are caused by low Iron, They sound like the symptoms I had that I took iron to correct and, while my ferretin level went up a bit, it had no effect on the symptoms.

GreekDemiGod

:banplz
I wouldn't take iron, copper supps without listening to Thomas E Levy MD JD (eg ). According to him, nobody should take copper or calcium supps and, unless you're diagnosed with iron deficient anemia, nobody should ever take iron. He says a ferritin level of 15-20 is ideal, up to 25 ok and over 30 is too much. So by that measure your previous level of 19 was good. He's not the only person talking about the dangers of excess iron. I wish I'd known this then I was prescribed a ferritin supp years ago (mine was 19 too) as taking it caused me some greater peoblems with mineral balance and a consequent domino effect with other health problems. I doubt very much that your symptoms are caused by low Iron, They sound like the symptoms I had that I took iron to correct and, while my ferretin level went up a bit, it had no effect on the symptoms.

golder

Free T3 - midrange
Testosterone - midrange

Did you manage to raise your ferritin, mine is also as low as yours and i'm suffering fatigue. Thank you!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals