Lowest iron protein sources

tommyg130

Can’t seem to find any consistent info online or on food labels. Since starting zinc supps my taste for beef disappeared.

Which tells me I have iron issues, because I must have only been reaching for the beef for the zinc. Now that I have that via supp my taste for beef went away in 1 week. Like repulsed by it. Quite strange. Hoping it fades.

I need protein though. It seems chicken has a fair amount of iron. And different pork products say differing iron values meanwhile it’s the same cut of meat.

Are any high protein meats void of iron. Id like to find some. It seems
Bacon pork and turkey have much less iron then meat and chicken? How about sardines ?

I can do eggs and cheese , but I still can’t drive up my protein enough at 200lbs. Milk is off the table for digestion reasons.
Shrimp and shellfish too are no good as I’m extremely copper toxic and trying to fix it. Once I get out of this adrenal fatigue and fix my liver I’ll be able to incorporate copper foods more, but I’m not using my own copper rn. Zinc is getting me out of a bad 3 year rut.potatoes for copper is best I can do right now until I even back out my zinc and copper ratio.

redsun

Can’t seem to find any consistent info online or on food labels. Since starting zinc supps my taste for beef disappeared.

Which tells me I have iron issues, because I must have only been reaching for the beef for the zinc. Now that I have that via supp my taste for beef went away in 1 week. Like repulsed by it. Quite strange. Hoping it fades.

I need protein though. It seems chicken has a fair amount of iron. And different pork products say differing iron values meanwhile it’s the same cut of meat.

Bacon pork and turkey have much less iron then meat and chicken? How about sardines ?

I can do eggs and cheese , but I still can’t drive up my protein enough at 200lbs. Milk is off the table for digestion reasons.
Shrimp and shellfish too are no good as I’m extremely copper toxic and trying to fix it. Once I get out of this adrenal fatigue and fix my liver I’ll be able to incorporate copper foods more, but I’m not using my own copper rn. Zinc is getting me out of a bad 3 year rut.potatoes for copper is best I can do right now until I even back out my zinc and copper ratio.
You have to be joking. Chicken has very little iron. Werent your ferritin and iron saturation low end in august? Zinc making you not want to eat beef is probably because beef is already so high in zinc. You can easily go over the upper limit on zinc if you eat a lot of beef and take zinc supplements. Saying your new aversion to beef has something to do with iron is a stretch. Any other meats that are not beef, lamb, or game meat are low in iron.

OP
T

tommyg130

You have to be joking. Chicken has very little iron. Werent your ferritin and iron saturation low end in august? Zinc making you not want to eat beef is probably because beef is already so high in zinc. You can easily go over the upper limit on zinc if you eat a lot of beef and take zinc supplements. Saying your new aversion to beef has something to do with iron is a stretch. Any other meats that are not beef, lamb, or game meat are low in iron.
It was, but since I got my zinc up, and coming out of severe adrenal fatigue it’s sky rocketed. This wasn’t some low energy need a little
Kick in the **** fatigue. My own decisions put me in a really bad spot. So I guess now that I’m coming alive again All the iron I had stored is being liberated.

Limon9

How about lean, white fish? A three-ounce portion of cod contains 20 grams of protein, almost no copper, and half a milligram of iron. Have you ever tried goat milk to examine its effects on digestion?

cs3000

chicken doesnt have much <0.5mg iron per chicken breast, pork sausages about 1mg each i think
but if youre looking to avoid iron because of zinc depletion concern,

actually zinc depletes iron (iron absorption raises from zinc because zinc drops the iron markers),
but iron doesnt deplete zinc

Plasma zinc, μmol/L , 6 weeks
   Zn supplemented 10.26 ± 1.45 , 12.01 ± 1.64a
   Fe supplemented 10.24 ± 1.53 , 10.14 ± 1.42

Plasma iron, μmol/L
    Zn supplemented 13.3 ± 4.7 , 11.8 ± 5.6
    Fe supplemented 12.8 ± 3.5 , 19.1 ±

Taken together in high amounts they still raise levels of both. but not as much as taken individually.

for extra peace of mind you could just take the zinc at breakfast away from the iron meat meal. but i think supplementary zinc doses would probably overpower dietary iron anyway

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals