Iron Metabolism

bruschi11

I was planning to write out my full story here. It’s a lot. I’m 34 and I’m certain I have iron toxicity of the brain. It’s very possible it all stems from Cyanobacteria being in my stomach (which was in there for 6 months.) Killed it in late 2020. Cyano die off is bmaa which is attributed to the als- Parkinson’s dementia complex of Guam in 1900s. It’s a bad thing- destroys function of SOD1 (zn/cu) enzyme.

Do I have this? I don’t know. Zinc and copper still work in my body if methylation is working. I had a bad setback starting in August that got severe in September. It was mainly copper dumping that hurt me. Prior to the dumping- copper was best friend. Afterward it was torture until I got methylation working. But what happens then? By pushing methylation, NAC to clean up the toxic copper- I go zinc deficient. That was the very very worst thing that could’ve happened. But I’m getting it in. Just in a much worse body chemistry than before. The iron in system got deep in brain. It is a mess.

I’m in agreement with Ray that iron is the evil. It needs to be used by the body as shown by my many htmas. When iron is in range on htma- I am good. When low? I’m horrible. I believe that’s toxic unused iron building up when it’s low.

I am trying to understand iron metabolism. I think I’m putting it together decently. Zinc was the last piece of puzzle that makes a lot of sense here.

I see mainly you start with fe2 (ferrous) which converts to fe3 (iron) through copper. Fe3 actually protects against fe2. But when you have toxic unused copper? Fe3 + Cu2 (toxic) causes severe toxicity. I think this instance basically puts a stopgap on iron metabolism. And blocks the entire operation. So BOTH Fe2 and Fe3 build up.

Zinc and magnesium convert Fe3 to transferrin. Transferrin is the good guy binding Fe3 too. Transferrin is (good)cortisol essentially anti-inflammatory. We need transferrin and it’s the real hero. But transferring itself can still rise and cause issues. What binds transferring? Calcium and chromium. Two things that saved me in times past. Times when I used too much zinc prior.

I don’t have much to add here. It took me all this time to really put the above together. 2 years since it all began. Now I’m really getting shakes. Very minor. But it’s clearly becoming Parkinson’s if I don’t get ahold of this quickly.

Last week starting zinc, betaine hcl, and using binder (bentonite clay) really helped me. They were great at first. But since then a magnesium bath really crashed me. It was so bad. Next time I take mag will be orally.

I think zinc is missing piece in iron metabolism. But don’t go too high cuz it can hurt copper which is essential for fe2 to fe3. If anyone has anything to add, helpful advice I could use it.

I also think chelators/binders like cutlers approach, shoemaker, OSR. Many of the benefits are from binding iron. Heck look at cutler feeding all that zinc after. I had success with chelating and zinc early this summer. And bentonite on numerous occasions. I wonder why?!

I’m scared. Last spring it looked like I was getting better. I could go on about how I messed up and what things happened. But I will later. Im just more interested to talk about iron metabolism if anyone can chime in.

OP
bruschi11

bruschi11

When you say you had copper dumping, was the copper from supplementing copper?

No. Copper gets built up in liver in a good portion of people. When a sick person is improving- zinc and vitamin A can cause the body to push copper out of the liver. I was taking too much zinc and started dumping copper in late July early August.

When copper is toxic in excess- methylation can stop working. I believe this is what happened. Toxic Fe3 built up alongside the toxic copper. Just a huge disaster.

I’m seeing a little progress with Phosphatadylcholine currently. Which binds fe3. Bentonite clay was used last night but too intense. Need to get electorlytes back in before going back to that. Bentonite was great last week.

I think toxic fe3 isn’t that hard to get ahold of if you’re controlling, zinc/mag sufficient, methylation working. It’s fe2 that’s tough. You need copper bio-available working and all of the above I mentioned before. I’m seeing sodium butyrate, zinc carnosine. Things that increase hepicidin for fe2.

Last winter I was really bad not knowing it was iron. But I think OSR and Phosphatadylcholine IVs were big next to keeping methylation working through b2 w/ zinc sufficiency.

No. Copper gets built up in liver in a good portion of people. When a sick person is improving- zinc and vitamin A can cause the body to push copper out of the liver. I was taking too much zinc and started dumping copper in late July early August.

When copper is toxic in excess- methylation can stop working. I believe this is what happened. Toxic Fe3 built up alongside the toxic copper. Just a huge disaster.

I’m seeing a little progress with Phosphatadylcholine currently. Which binds fe3. Bentonite clay was used last night but too intense. Need to get electorlytes back in before going back to that. Bentonite was great last week.

I think toxic fe3 isn’t that hard to get ahold of if you’re controlling, zinc/mag sufficient, methylation working. It’s fe2 that’s tough. You need copper bio-available working and all of the above I mentioned before. I’m seeing sodium butyrate, zinc carnosine. Things that increase hepicidin for fe2.

Last winter I was really bad not knowing it was iron. But I think OSR and Phosphatadylcholine IVs were big next to keeping methylation working through b2 w/ zinc sufficiency.
Oh so you were supplementing zinc and vitamin A?

OP
bruschi11

bruschi11

Oh so you were supplementing zinc and vitamin A?

Yes. I was already sick with some sort of neurological disease for the last 2.5 years. I had Lyme before that. But getting rid of it specifically babesia at the end led to what seems to be iron metabolism issues the entire time.

Copper dumping has historically been horrible during these last 2.5 years. Toxic cu+ Excess iron in body just does not mix is what I’ve really found. Kills fe metabolism… forms of fe build up both ferrous and ferric. Just a chronic disaster.

OP
bruschi11

bruschi11

I think Cov1d did hurt me. I had a bad reaction to vit A during it. And it was esspecially bad.

youngsinatra

Get some definitive blood work done to know what you‘re doing.

Ferritin, total iron saturation index, hemoglobin, serum copper, ceruloplasmin, plasma zinc. These will give you some big insight.

(If you would want to check your methylation, I’d check folate, B12 and homocysteine.)

If you don‘t you, you might end up even more hurt. I payed the price for doing this myself in the past.

OP
bruschi11

bruschi11

Get some definitive blood work done to know what you‘re doing.

Ferritin, total iron saturation index, hemoglobin, serum copper, ceruloplasmin, plasma zinc. These will give you some big insight.

(If you would want to check your methylation, I’d check folate, B12 and homocysteine.)

If you don‘t you, you might end up even more hurt. I payed the price for doing this myself in the past.

I have bloodwork from August. But getting more in next couple of days I have the lab requests from my doc. She actually believes me in full. She’s a Shoemaker trained practitioner- so mainly mold/ Lyme she treats.

August showed major methylation issues with majority of methylation aminos diminished a la histidine, serine, glycine, cysteine etc. Iron labs weren’t bad pretty mid range or a little higher. But transferrin was lower end of range. Homocysteine elevated. B12 and folate elevated which means they aren’t being used per Dr. Greg Russell Jones the b12 guy.

Zn and cu were mid to higher end. But without methylation? Zinc and copper aren’t used. We need histidine cysteine to use zn (zinc finger.) We need glycine lysine histidine for Cu (cu-ghk.)

Also hemoglobin was very top of range. I see hemoglobin as ferrous iron from what I learned recently. I think this is the real long term issue.

Still battling with electrolyte issues here and that comes first because without electrolytes copper can’t become bio-available. And I really need that to control fe2. I’m thinking “get cooper available, then bind fe2” is my next step. I have zinc carnosine in mind for that. We will see.

Last edited:
OP
bruschi11

bruschi11

This is clearly gonna kill me if I don’t get ahold of it. I have been in this world for such a long time now and I can really feel things. I can feel something building up on top of my brain. I think it’s ferrous iron.

Does Ferric build up? Ferric causes fungal infections. And my systemic fungal infection does get worse at times. I am using cu-ghk orally 2.5mg 2-3x daily with 10-20mg of zinc each time. I feel as the copper is moving ferrous to ferric and causing fungus to get worse. Which is bizarre as they always say copper kills fungus. In this situation, it appears zinc moving Ferric iron to transferrin solves the fungal issues.

Vitamin E is potent and I think it’s what allows me to tolerate copper. TEI gave me htma results and suggestions last spring when I was doing a lot better. Their big ones were E, cu, and b2. Which makes sense to try to use up ferrous iron.

I had methylation issues all summer. I fixed these but the disease progressed pretty rapidly due to a few errors in this time period. I think ultimately iron built up… and with methylation working with zinc/cu deficiencies? I believe ferrous iron really takes over.

The goal is transferrin. That’s what we want. Convert ferrous to Ferric to transferrin… that’s how I see it. But the severity of build up. I think chelators are gonna be needed. And looking to bind fe2. I just swallowed zinc carnosine for 3rd Time in 2.5 weeks. It supposedly chelates fe2 but also converts fe3 to fe2? Bizarre. I think it has helped.

What really helped two weeks ago was bentonite clay. It has been a prized supplement for a long time that I just have not paid enough attention to. 2 weeks ago the process was strong with it over 3 days. I will likely go back to it one of next couple days ahead after seeing how ZC treats me.

Salt water bathing does convert fe2 to fe3 like copper. Think we really want to raise sodium/ aldosterone for this.

I’m considering OSR. But I really hope I can get terrain approach working first and foremost here.

Been using phosphatdylcholine. I think it just gets fe3. Which is wrong because fe3 protects from fe2. So another reason to stay away from carnosine.

Ozone converts fe2 to fe3. And it killed me in July. But I just didn’t get why. Zinc saved me after…. Why? Cuz zinc converts fe3 to transferrin. I had some good signs after ozone and I think had I just known what I know now I could’ve saved my life then. But I’m petrified of ozone. And so I my family cuz each time I’ve done it bad things happened after.

Scary times right now. Really not sure what I’m gonna do. I have learned a lot in last 2.5 weeks and will be getting large amount of labwork back next week, nutreval and doing another htma. Need a break in the worst way.

youngsinatra

I‘d simply try to donate whole blood every 2 months and try to fix low ceruloplasmin.

Have you every measured your ceruloplasmin? (Cp)

Low ceruloplasmin can be a tricky beast tho. It can be low due to chronic liver disease, genetic predisposition (Wilson / Menkes) or malabsorption (IBS/IBD..)

I have liver disease and this is probably the reason why I have low Cp.

OP
bruschi11

bruschi11

I‘d simply try to donate whole blood every 2 months and try to fix low ceruloplasmin.

Have you every measured your ceruloplasmin? (Cp)

Low ceruloplasmin can be a tricky beast tho. It can be low due to chronic liver disease, genetic predisposition (Wilson / Menkes) or malabsorption (IBS/IBD..)

I have liver disease and this is probably the reason why I have low Cp.

Cerulo has been good the last two years. It was low in mid 2020 and vit A fixed it. Good since.

I had extensive bloods the other day. They took a lot of blood out of me. I might’ve felt better? It’s definitely not enough. This is iron metabolism issue. Fe2 has clearly built up.

Tocotrienols and tocopherols have both hit me similarly in the past. Tocopherols yesterday were strong. Today took tocotrienols- ZERO response. Why? Ferrous iron oxidizes tocotrienols. Not tocopherols.

It’s very clear to me this is about fe2. Seems copper/ vit E / methylation comes first. From there, I gotta find a binder or something to speed process up. I think I’ll start with bentonite again soon. OSR, Ozone on radar.

youngsinatra

The only way to really get a substantial amount of iron out of your body is blood loss — so a blood donation can really help the symptoms of iron overload. I certainly felt very euphoric and energetic the first 4 times I did so in a row. Felt like a heavy burden was lifted from me.

If I get extensive labs I might loose 40-50ml, but in a single blood donation I get 500ml drawn. About half of that is iron. So you loose 250mg per donation. You only loose 1mg in the stool (where binders play into) and about 1-2mg of iron due to sweating per day.

OP
bruschi11

bruschi11

The only way to really get a substantial amount of iron out of your body is blood loss — so a blood donation can really help the symptoms of iron overload. I certainly felt very euphoric and energetic the first 4 times I did so in a row. Felt like a heavy burden was lifted from me.

If I get extensive labs I might loose 40-50ml, but in a single blood donation I get 500ml drawn. About half of that is iron. So you loose 250mg per donation. You only loose 1mg in the stool (where binders play into) and about 1-2mg of iron due to sweating per day.

Wow I think I’m going to have to do this next week. It makes sense.

I still truly believe the approach is iron metabolism ultimately. And I wish I learned more about it last year when I improved.

Zn/cu have to be what control fe3 and fe2. But looking back, I wasn’t sick as I am now, but it was ozone preceding Phosphatadylcholine. Ozone = fe2–>fe3. PC binds fe3.

Will have to get terrain working better. Copper zinc in control. Will donate blood. Then I will probably take the ozone followed by PC route.

OP
bruschi11

bruschi11

I'd be interested in your htma results!
If I can get myself well I’ll post each the last 10 or so from last 2 years and explain them in relation to what happened with me.

I’ll post my results and bloods when I get them next week or two.

I got absolutley rocked by zinc carnosine yesterday. Just not a good morning after taking that. Horrid

TheSir

If I can get myself well I’ll post each the last 10 or so from last 2 years and explain them in relation to what happened with me.

I’ll post my results and bloods when I get them next week or two.

I got absolutley rocked by zinc carnosine yesterday. Just not a good morning after taking that. Horrid
Alright. How are your electrolytes at the moment? Are you in slow/fast oxidation or in four lows? From whay I understand, the ARL labs algorithm prescribes a better supplement program than TEI, the latter of which is more about replacement therapy than fixing the underlying mineral patterns and ratios. The point is to help the body get to a point at which it is able to chelate itself according to its own principles, which is always more thorough than any chelation program.

OP
bruschi11

bruschi11

Alright. How are your electrolytes at the moment? Are you in slow/fast oxidation or in four lows? From whay I understand, the ARL labs algorithm prescribes a better supplement program than TEI, the latter of which is more about replacement therapy than fixing the underlying mineral patterns and ratios. The point is to help the body get to a point at which it is able to chelate itself according to its own principles, which is always more thorough than any chelation program.

I had elevated k/na ratio which we don’t want last htma. Also mag toxic from stupid baths. I’d say I’m in a bizarre form of fast oxidation but the HTMA doesn’t really show it cuz it’s a hidden iron toxicity. I actually expect the new htma I’ll be doing this week to show iron elevating. Whenever I fix methylation iron goes up.

I see htmas a bit different than traditional ARL or tei. As I also view from say an Amy Yasko point of view with such emphasis on methylation. Greg Russell Jones too.

I think TEI gave me a great plan in April to be honest. If I didn’t have bile issues, I think it was perfect plan for what I should be trying to do. Use up iron. It was a plan where the major nutrients next to a multi were b2, E, Cu. And that’s not replacement therapy. Using up iron will give permanent results.

I know dude from hackstasis Goose12. He loved TEI. Niles too. There were others who made permanent major improvements with this approach.

Nothing against ARL here from me. I like their approach in making copper bio-available. But I also saw a guy run it for years and although he got better mentally. He still had bad libido issues and never dumped copper. His iron stayed low. And he ended up dying of a heart attack at 55.

I think both programs are no locks to get better. They try. But their computer generated. They don’t place big emphasis on methylation either. More about minerals. Which is gigantic but sometimes people like myself have to work on methylation first.

I’ve fixed methylation now but mineral problems gigantic. Calcium may have saved my life the other day. I went on a flight and got killed after didn’t sleep a wink afterward that night. The following day I felt like I was dying. Ca really came through for me.

I must be moving fe to transferin which ca binds.

Flew home today again though. Rocked by the flight. Flights deprive oxygen which keeps iron at fe2. Which I’ve been saying is my problem. So that adds up. I’m not too worried. Just gotta stay off airplanes.

Situation still bad though. Although i had major relief before the second flight for a bit. While feeling better, I just feel this massive buildup on top of brain. It has to be removed.

Is it an SOD1 issue allowing the fe2 to build up? Or just classic unbound fe2 toxicity. I also saw Covid and vxx method of long term issues is unbound fe2 problems. I had Covid a year ago. Who knows.

But my eye is on fe2. Ozone + phosphatdylcholine makes sense but I want to straighten out and get stronger before doing so.

OP
bruschi11

bruschi11

The reasons I got better last year…

1) fixing methylation. And did some ozone, OSR, bentonite while doing so. Stayed both zinc and calcium sufficient. This was in early to mid winter.

2) Later winter- Phosphatdylcholine IVs for 3 weeks probably 8 IVs. Also did an ozone type treatment prior.

3) I lost my mind because I was still badly sick after the IVs. Honestly didn’t see much from them while doing them. I ended up in mental hospital. They gave me Electroconvulsive therapy two weeks inpatient then a month or so outpatient. This was when I started feeling better. And I said to myself after my first couple treatments “this feels exactly like ozone.” And i looked it up…. It does act like ozone putting potassium in the cell.

I believe ECT, ozone were converting fe2 to fe3. Phosphatdylcholine was binding the fe3. Zinc sufficiency was moving the fe3 to transferrin. And calcium was binding transferrin.

I did a round trip 2 flights over 4 days last week. I got destroyed by the flights depriving oxygen which moves iron to fe2. Got home and inhaled oxygen. Day 1 was tough as the conversion of fe2 to fe3 was brutal. But I took PC and E last night. Along with my normal minerals ca zn cu mn. Today, I did oxygen again and it was very smooth. It’s very clear the PC and E made oxygen inhalation a lot lot easier On me neurologically.

I think the ROS are a problem with fe2 to fe3. But E PC zinc should help. PC big time. The goal is to slowly but surely mitigate fe2. Bind up the excess fe3 (with pc ) and transferrin (calcium chromium.)

It has to work. It just has to.

OP
bruschi11

bruschi11

The reasons I got better last year…

1) fixing methylation. And did some ozone, OSR, bentonite while doing so. Stayed both zinc and calcium sufficient. This was in early to mid winter.

2) Later winter- Phosphatdylcholine IVs for 3 weeks probably 8 IVs. Also did an ozone type treatment prior.

3) I lost my mind because I was still badly sick after the IVs. Honestly didn’t see much from them while doing them. I ended up in mental hospital. They gave me Electroconvulsive therapy two weeks inpatient then a month or so outpatient. This was when I started feeling better. And I said to myself after my first couple treatments “this feels exactly like ozone.” And i looked it up…. It does act like ozone putting potassium in the cell.

I believe ECT, ozone were converting fe2 to fe3. Phosphatdylcholine was binding the fe3. Zinc sufficiency was moving the fe3 to transferrin. And calcium was binding transferrin.

I did a round trip 2 flights over 4 days last week. I got destroyed by the flights depriving oxygen which moves iron to fe2. Got home and inhaled oxygen. Day 1 was tough as the conversion of fe2 to fe3 was brutal. But I took PC and E last night. Along with my normal minerals ca zn cu mn. Today, I did oxygen again and it was very smooth. It’s very clear the PC and E made oxygen inhalation a lot lot easier On me neurologically.

I think the ROS are a problem with fe2 to fe3. But E PC zinc should help. PC big time. The goal is to slowly but surely mitigate fe2. Bind up the excess fe3 (with pc ) and transferrin (calcium chromium.)

It has to work. It just has to.

Vitamin E can’t be used more than once every 4 days. When I use it the first time it’s incredible for inflammation. Twice in last two weeks now- I give E and love it. 2 days later give again? Go copper deficient, electrolyte crash. Iron converts back to ferrous.

I believe the ferrous iron was building up literally in frontal lobe. It was sooo bad. It seems to be mitigating and is more built up in mid brain. But I have long long way to go. Last year when I was losing my mind cuz I didn’t know what was wrong with me, I think ferrous iron was just getting into lower part of brain. This time is a lot lot worse.

But #1 is electrolytes. To go with calcium cu zn. My blood work came back. Cortisol and aldosterone are extremely low for me. Historically I do well with cortisol in mid to upper teens. Currently it’s 6. Aldosterone was rock bottom.

I am anxiously awaiting htma and Nutreval. I will post them all together with bloods when they come in.

Man I really seemed to be moving forward until the flight and second dose of vitamin E this week. I’m learning but setbacks suck so bad with these neurological issues. You go from relaxed enjoying music and life a bit to severe neurological distress. It really sucks.

OP
bruschi11

bruschi11

Dhea cycling is increasing copper sensitivity (like crazy). Because I believe the estrogen from Dhea is converting my excess ferrous iron to ferric.

Symptom set is not much improved because ferric can be extremely torturous. But I’m seeing some really good signs. Need to both bind ferric (Phosphatadycholine) and move towards transferrin (zinc). Then calcium is there to bind transferrin.

But I need to do all that while keeping ferrous to ferric moving as well. I think Dhea cycles will allow this to happen and they are an incredible tool. But now is the time to back off. Let my body handle the excess ferric.

Maybe I will give blood. Cuz body is just absorbing that unbound unused ferrous iron so potently. It’s overwhelming system.

What’s interesting is when I first started cu/Dhea two weeks ago it felt like I was pulling stuff out of Brain. Now it feels like when I take copper/ Dhea I’m putting things in brain.

I think mainly cuz I’ve removed most of ferrous from brain. And it’s converting to ferric which is going into it.

I would love to see bloods right about now. It’s the year 2022 people can someone please invent an at home testing kit.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals