What i,m missing in a meat free diet?

Aymen

Hi,

So i like eating Beef and Lamb, and animal organs.

Here, cattle are mostly fed corn and soy, dry hay and little grass so i usually go for beef, the leaner cuts like rumsteak.

My two lower wisdom teeth become swollen and painful every time i chew meat, even ground beef, so i gave up eating it, even eating the heart causes me problems, i chew dates everyday and it doesn't give me problems, i,m not sure why, when i asked peat about my problem he told me that some foods are causing inflammation so i figured out that i's the beef that triggered the symptoms so i decided to give it up and the pain and inflammation disappeared, when i came back this year eating beef i get the same symptoms again.

Liver causes me much less problems as i eat it once a month and it's easy to chew, i eat mostly pasture raised eggs every day and milk and hard cheese for the protein.

I,m not sure if the high calcium intake will lower zinc absorption, i also think i,m missing glycine by cutting out meats. I can get oysters only when they are in their season.
Also, i don't donate blood because i think the high calcium intake can deplete iron.

peter88

Glycine, taurine, and niacin are the main ones I can think of. Goat milk has a good amount of taurine. Adding in white fish or shrimp would be beneficial too.

JohnHafterson

Carnosine though body may be able to produce small amounts - it's a pretty amazing component of meat with a wide range of benefits: glycation, anti-aging, muscle activity, too much to list.

It has some small similar activity to taurine but many independent effects.

There's research showing that non-meat eaters despite eating less glycation end products tend to have higher tissue glycation etc - it may be from the lack of carnosine from diet.

Last edited:
@JohnHafterson I don't understand: do you mean that meat has anti-AGE properties? then it lowers the glycation which is negative. Sorry if I ask. 👍😊

JohnHafterson

@JohnHafterson I don't understand: do you mean that meat has anti-AGE properties? then it lowers the glycation which is negative. Sorry if I ask. 👍😊
Sorry it's pretty complex - the general idea is that there are things in meat which are hard to replace in a non-meat diet without supplementing.

If you're having a hard time chewing meat maybe look into making soups, broths or purees/blends.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals