Help Me With My Meal Plan?

I'm trying to figure out a meal plan to give me more energy and help my hair grow. I'd love it if my meal plan would be in accordance with what I like to eat too, lol. I'm an under eater, due to laziness / low appetite. Well not so much laziness, as much as that I have so many other things to do that I basically only eat when I absolutely have to, and only to make the hunger go away, so that I can keep doing whatever I was doing before the hunger pangs so rudely interrupted me.

Awhile back I did the Whole 30 for 30 days and I was SHOCKED at how much food 1500 calories was. If you're only eating whole foods, it's A LOT of food. That's when I first realized that I've been eating way less than that for a long time. I also realized that I"m bad at judging just how much food I should really be eating every day. I eat until the hunger pangs go away, and for me that doesn't take very long. I'm not a "foodie" nor has food every been a source of great pleasure for me. I see it as very utilitarian. If I could take pills that would give me enough nutrients and make me never feel hungry, I would.

I know I'm an under-eater, and I do want to start getting more nutrients. However, I don't want to stuff / force feed myself. I also don't want to be eating a lot of food I don't really enjoy (ie - liters of OJ and milk :confused:). So I'm wondering: If I make a list of foods I do and do not enjoy within Ray Peat's recommendations, could somebody help me put together a viable meal plan?

Food I like/Love:
- Coffee
- Coconut milk (no additives)
- half & half (in coffee - although I prefer coconut milk)
- Beef
- Chicken
- Lamb
- Eggs
- ALL fruits & vegetables - there's nothing I won't eat here!
- Gluten free pasta / bread
- cheese
- Yogurt
- Butter
- Sour Cream
- Coconut oil
- Mochi icecream balls (but not sure if I want to have so much sugar every day)

Food I never eat but would be willing to:
- Orange Juice

Food I don't really like, but would try if strongly convinced:
- Liver (possibly whole / frozen?)
- Oysters (if I could somehow eat them as frozen food pellets and not have to chew them)
- Milk (it gives me mucus and I suspect it's not a food I thrive on)

Foods I would prefer to not have in my diet on a regular basis
- white sugar
- milk (unless raw?)

here's a very typical day for me:

Breakfast:
-2 cups coffee + coconut milk
- 2 eggs + 1 chicken sausage + cheese

Lunch:
green salad with apples & cheese & chicken - all mixed together

Dinner:
rice pasta + beef & tomato spaghetti sauce

This all probably adds up to around 1200 cals or under.

What kind of daily tweaks to this meal plan would you add to...
1) get my calories up &
2) include nutrients you think I'm missing?
3)... While maybe possibly not having to do so much milk/sugar intake?

Thanks in advance :)

Arnold Grape

I'm trying to figure out a meal plan to give me more energy and help my hair grow. I'd love it if my meal plan would be in accordance with what I like to eat too, lol. I'm an under eater, due to laziness / low appetite. Well not so much laziness, as much as that I have so many other things to do that I basically only eat when I absolutely have to, and only to make the hunger go away, so that I can keep doing whatever I was doing before the hunger pangs so rudely interrupted me.

Awhile back I did the Whole 30 for 30 days and I was SHOCKED at how much food 1500 calories was. If you're only eating whole foods, it's A LOT of food. That's when I first realized that I've been eating way less than that for a long time. I also realized that I"m bad at judging just how much food I should really be eating every day. I eat until the hunger pangs go away, and for me that doesn't take very long. I'm not a "foodie" nor has food every been a source of great pleasure for me. I see it as very utilitarian. If I could take pills that would give me enough nutrients and make me never feel hungry, I would.

I know I'm an under-eater, and I do want to start getting more nutrients. However, I don't want to stuff / force feed myself. I also don't want to be eating a lot of food I don't really enjoy (ie - liters of OJ and milk :confused:). So I'm wondering: If I make a list of foods I do and do not enjoy within Ray Peat's recommendations, could somebody help me put together a viable meal plan?

Food I like/Love:
- Coffee
- Coconut milk (no additives)
- half & half (in coffee - although I prefer coconut milk)
- Beef
- Chicken
- Lamb
- Eggs
- ALL fruits & vegetables - there's nothing I won't eat here!
- Gluten free pasta / bread
- cheese
- Yogurt
- Butter
- Sour Cream
- Coconut oil
- Mochi icecream balls (but not sure if I want to have so much sugar every day)

Food I never eat but would be willing to:
- Orange Juice

Food I don't really like, but would try if strongly convinced:
- Liver (possibly whole / frozen?)
- Oysters (if I could somehow eat them as frozen food pellets and not have to chew them)
- Milk (it gives me mucus and I suspect it's not a food I thrive on)

Foods I would prefer to not have in my diet on a regular basis
- white sugar
- milk (unless raw?)

here's a very typical day for me:

Breakfast:
-2 cups coffee + coconut milk
- 2 eggs + 1 chicken sausage + cheese

Lunch:
green salad with apples & cheese & chicken - all mixed together

Dinner:
rice pasta + beef & tomato spaghetti sauce

This all probably adds up to around 1200 cals or under.

What kind of daily tweaks to this meal plan would you add to...
1) get my calories up &
2) include nutrients you think I'm missing?
3)... While maybe possibly not having to do so much milk/sugar intake?

Thanks in advance :)
More options if you handle starch is adding things like rice treated with coconut oil. Butter will easily increase calories. If you’re going low or no starch, try upping fats via things like ice cream and full fat milk. Moreover try to add foods you enjoy or you won’t want to eat more than less — if appetite is an issue, look into something like cyproheptadine.

OP
wealthofwisdom
More options if you handle starch is adding things like rice treated with coconut oil. Butter will easily increase calories. If you’re going low or no starch, try upping fats via things like ice cream and full fat milk. Moreover try to add foods you enjoy or you won’t want to eat more than less — if appetite is an issue, look into something like cyproheptadine.

Thanks for responding!

I absolutely love rice. But I thought starches were a bit demonized around here? I have no problems with with it digestion wise (or with any starch, for that matter). LOVE butter too. Butter and rice honestly sounds like a fantastic meal. Is that Peat friendly?

Ice cream - I've been eating that daily for about a week in the form of "mochi balls" (which are seriously addictive btw). With sugar however, I feel my energy being sapped and I get a slight headache. It might be psychological, but my entire life I've had this story that sugar gives me a headache and drains me.

What is cyproheptadine for? To increase appetite?

Arnold Grape

Yea. —If you are thriving on a certain food, don’t exclude it: I would suggest consuming this meal and then adding things in that are not problematic. For example, I like to make rice and add a mushroom sauce on top of it. Unfortunately I can only do this once in a while bc white rice makes my sleep suffer.

Cyproheptadine is an antihistamine that encourages digestion and appetite (in addition to restful sleep), but not everyone reacts favorably to it. Actually I would only suggest this if you had specific problems.

Meanwhile, keep the foods without PUFA that you enjoy and it’s all good.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals