Why You Should Eat Raw Meat

Nomane Euger

Cooked meat + starch = difficult to digest, massive insulin spike, blood sugar rollercoaster and adrenaline/cortisol to bring blood sugar up again. Fatigued and sleepy, depression, moodiness, unstable energy.

Raw meat + couple tablespoons of raw honey = super easy on digestion, smooth energy that lasts for hours and hours, stable blood sugar, feeling strong and nourished.

I just can't go back to eating a normal diet when I know how awesome I feel eating animal protein and fruits/honey. Even just straight fruits meals are way better than cooked animal protein and white rice/potatoes. Keeping blood sugar stable is so, so important. I think my depression and mood issues before was just my blood sugar dropping like a rock after meals.
just fruits like ripe oranges is fantastic,my walking speed is like 15 KM/H when i eat oranges,and when i wake up the coming days and i go out to buy the oranges

Korven

just fruits like ripe oranges is fantastic,my walking speed is like 15 KM/H when i eat oranges,and when i wake up the coming days and i go out to buy the oranges

Yes ripe fruit is amazing! I ate a very sweet juicy pineapple yesterday and felt awesome. If I lived in Costa Rica/the tropics with tons of ripe fruit I would probably be a fruitarian LOL. I love eating ripe papaya.

Korven

Things I've noticed since switching to raw meat:

- I've definitely gained more muscle size/definition. My back feels pumped up like I just did a back workout. I haven't exercised since 2018 but I'm pretty much shredded. People around me notice this as well.

- My metabolism and temps/pulse are improved and more stable. Before they would dip between meals but now I am running hot all the time, always warm hands and feet. Though I will say this could just be because of the sunny weather.

- My appetite is definitely better as well, I'm ravenously hungry for raw meat, raw milk and raw eggs.

- I've noticed that I sweat more when sitting out in the sun, before I couldn't sweat.

- My skin looks more hydrated and glowing.

Life hack: Mix in some parsley/garlic with your raw butter, it really makes the raw meat meals 1000x more enjoyable. I actually crave this stuff now.

GreekDemiGod

- I've definitely gained more muscle size/definition. My back feels pumped up like I just did a back workout. I haven't exercised since 2018 but I'm pretty much shredded. People around me notice this as well.

- My metabolism and temps/pulse are improved and more stable. Before they would dip between meals but now I am running hot all the time, always warm hands and feet. Though I will say this could just be because of the sunny weather.

- My appetite is definitely better as well, I'm ravenously hungry for raw meat, raw milk and raw eggs.

- I've noticed that I sweat more when sitting out in the sun, before I couldn't sweat.

Life hack: Mix in some parsley/garlic with your raw butter, it really makes the raw meat meals 1000x more enjoyable. I actually crave this stuff now.
Curios what is your average daily carb intake.
Assuming from milk & honey.

Missenger

That sounds nice, being comfortable eating raw meat to that extent and getting muscle from it.

Nomane Euger

I went back to eating cooked starch again but it was probably around 200 g carbs or so.
hi korven,did you notice a difference in your dreams since eating back starchs,the type of event,the type of feelings you get?when i starchs i usually get more war dreams,and i start to experience unpleasant feelings in my dreams

Korven

hi korven,did you notice a difference in your dreams since eating back starchs,the type of event,the type of feelings you get?when i starchs i usually get more war dreams,and i start to experience unpleasant feelings in my dreams

It seems like I get the most pleasant dreams when I get a good night's sleep. The problem with a carnivore type diet is that I can't get enough carbohydrate and I get stressed and my sleep suffers. But then starch has its own set of problems with risk of intestinal fermentation, endotoxin, gut irritation etc and that can also mess with sleep quality.

I have had some really amazing dreams with starch in my diet, but for that to happen my digestion has to be perfect and I need to sleep for 8 hours uninterrupted.

Apple

Anybody else have experiences with raw meat? I find myself craving it more and more instead of a cooked steak.
it almost killed me... twice. I had strong lasting fever from it. I don't risk eating raw animal foods anymore.

Amazoniac

At least it's not the 'whole prey'.

- Nutritional evaluation of raw meat and whole prey diets for domestic and exotic cats

"Raw animal products may be a source of potentially pathogenic microorganisms, including Salmonella, Campylobacter spp., and pathogenic strains of E. coli, to the animal or its handler/owner. Poultry species may harbor pathogenic bacteria without any outward signs of disease (White et al., 1997), and ingestion of contaminated foods causes transmission of these pathogenic bacteria to the animals ingesting them (Crump et al., 2002). Whole prey diets containing gut contents make it inevitable that pets will be exposed to foreign bacteria. The sample of WHO fed herein tested positive for E. coli and Salmonella species. Contamination of poultry species with potentially pathogenic bacteria may occur pre-harvest (e.g., breeding, growth, etc.), during harvest (handling and transport), or after harvest (during slaughter, storage, or transport). Dirty skin, feathers, and gut contents are considered to be the most significant contributors to bacterial contamination. Common practices during slaughter attempt to reduce these risks; however, for whole prey, skin and viscera remain intact. Because these tissues remain, extra caution should be taken pre-harvest to reduce contact of whole prey with pathogenic bacteria."

"Although pathogenic bacteria should be avoided in felines, the risk for humans is an even greater concern. Their natural history, digestive physiology (e.g., rapid transit time), and commensal microbiota may allow healthy adult felines to tolerate exposure and harbor pathogenic bacteria without overt symptoms of disease. It is estimated that 1 to 18% of domestic cats may be in a state of asymptotic salmonellosis (Stiver et al., 2003), and the number of reported cases of food-borne illness in pets is believed to be underreported (CVM, 2004). Fecal samples in this study were not tested for bacterial contamination. Despite the presence of pathogens in the GRO and WHO, animals exhibited no signs of gastrointestinal distress due to any of the dietary treatments tested."​

I've been eating raw meat until I find out about Toxoplasma gondii. This parasite is in raw meat. It doesn't create much health issues but there is evidence that it might slightly change our behavior into being more reckless. It's most likely all BS, but I'm kind of scared about brain changes. If it can make us behave like a different person then that would mean that "me" is going to be on pause until future medicine can fix my brain into original mode.
Maybe not so BS:
View: https://youtu.be/m3x3TMdkGdQ

Get ready for your mind to be blown. :)

Nomane Euger

Steak tartare with some honey and a ripe fruit as a dessert is amazing.
raw meat exept liver brain and very rarely kidneys isnt tasty enough,i dont like to eat something that i didnt like mix into something to make it enjoyable.you are delicate,"a ripe fruit"for me its more as much as i can get my hans on ripe fruits up to 8 kilos

No_Energy

I've been eating raw meat until I find out about Toxoplasma gondii. This parasite is in raw meat. It doesn't create much health issues but there is evidence that it might slightly change our behavior into being more reckless. It's most likely all BS, but I'm kind of scared about brain changes. If it can make us behave like a different person then that would mean that "me" is going to be on pause until future medicine can fix my brain into original mode.
Toxoplasmosis, This is one of my concerns about Raw meat as well, the reason, among others, that has kept me from trying raw meat. (there is also Trichinella/Trichinosis, Taenia Solium/cysticercosis, etc .. and God knows what else in different kinds of raw meat..). And I don't see it as "slight change" either, it can actually be very dramatic. We all heard about toxoplasmosis in rats, how it goes and affects the brain and changes the animal's behavior. It is thought that it could cause the same/similar problems in humans. Have you heard of the "crazy cat lady syndrome"?, some food for thought, it is concerning indeed..

- "Even more alarming was a summary of thirty-eight studies, published in 2012, that found that individuals with schizophrenia were three times more likely than those without schizophrenia to have antibodies in their blood to the Toxoplasma protozoan, meaning their bodies developed an immune response to Toxo at some point. "

Until we learn more, and considering the already well known problems caused by the other parasites mentioned, I'm not eating raw meat.
What do you guys think?

"The consumption of raw or undercooked meat containing Toxoplasma. gondii tissue cysts and the consumption of raw vegetables or water contaminated with T. gondii oocysts from cat feces is most frequently associated with human illness." - Toxoplasma gondii in the Food Supply : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5488655/

* The previous post was incomplete. (missing the toxoplasmosis connection). Posting again, the correct version.

Korven

Bump raw meat thread.

@Tarmander, are you still cruising along on the low VA raw meat and fruit diet? Any new insights on gut microbiome stuff?

Also I should say thanks for bringing some of the most outside-the-box, useful health solutions to this forum.

I have been eating more grass fed raw beef lately and I do enjoy the better energy over cooked meat. I am also going to start juicing celery and cucumber and drink it in the morning, apparently the alkalinizing effect allows you to eat and assimilate more raw meat (*Aajonus idea). Eating pounds of beef every day is very acid forming, need to balance it out with alkaline fruits and veggies.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals