Why You Should Eat Raw Meat

yerrag

Great interview @Tarmander

It brings home the importance of good sourcing and I'm glad you're able to source for your current raw meat lifestyle.

I just thought to add that if the sourcing isn't so certain, one can freeze the meat for two weeks to lessen the risk. That's what I read somewhere in the past. Still, I'm leery of relying just on freezing. So I think that. on top if that I'll eat the meat with vinegar or lemon juice, just like how it' s done with carpaccio and also with ceviche.

With ceviche, the raw fish should be a fish that doesn't have thiaminase, or else one ends up with thiamine deficiency.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Looks great. Have you experienced keeping the meat and veggies/beans separate? If you have, have you felt any differences in digestion?
Have not. I like to get a lot of food all in at one time and let it ride

@yerrag gotta do what makes you most comfortable

yerrag

yerrag

This was very tasty. My version of carpaccio. I didn't expect to enjoy it so much. About 2 weeks ago, I bought some ground lamb shoulders and ground them and put them in the freezer. I remember sometime reading that putting meat in the freezer somehow kills the bacteria, or something to that effect. So, that's what I did. I also prefer lamb as the lamb I get is usually from either Australia or New Zealand. If I get dizzy and go to the ER, that would just mean my trust of Aussies and Kiwis goes down the drain lol

So far, 4 hours after lunch, I am still breathing and my heart rate went from 82 before lunch to 94. It actually went to 100 before going down. I don't know what to make of it. I'll eat another of the same for dinner and see how well I sleep tonight.

Here's the ingredients: ground lamb 75g, half a lemon worth of juice, capers, salt, pepper, and a piece of chili pepper chopped. Mix all in. Eat. I think even if I didn't have the chili pepper, I would still enjoy the flavor of the ground lamb.

For something not cooked, it is very tasty.

Missenger

You'd think the healthiest thing to do would be to eat raw meat given that old cat raw factory meat study and that lady eating raw eggs living so long, as long as you can keep the critters away.

A raw stake is much more appealing to me than a grey, cooked one. I cannot stand raw ground beef though. The consistency makes me not want to eat it.

GelatinGoblin

A raw stake is much more appealing to me than a grey, cooked one. I cannot stand raw ground beef though. The consistency makes me not want to eat it.
Some cooked steak in Coconut Oil, a bit of salt on both sides during cooking. That steak plus some Jasmine rice, and OJ and ripe fruits before everything (so not as Insulinogenic) (Potassium) is awesome.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

This was very tasty. My version of carpaccio. I didn't expect to enjoy it so much. About 2 weeks ago, I bought some ground lamb shoulders and ground them and put them in the freezer. I remember sometime reading that putting meat in the freezer somehow kills the bacteria, or something to that effect. So, that's what I did. I also prefer lamb as the lamb I get is usually from either Australia or New Zealand. If I get dizzy and go to the ER, that would just mean my trust of Aussies and Kiwis goes down the drain lol

So far, 4 hours after lunch, I am still breathing and my heart rate went from 82 before lunch to 94. It actually went to 100 before going down. I don't know what to make of it. I'll eat another of the same for dinner and see how well I sleep tonight.

Here's the ingredients: ground lamb 75g, half a lemon worth of juice, capers, salt, pepper, and a piece of chili pepper chopped. Mix all in. Eat. I think even if I didn't have the chili pepper, I would still enjoy the flavor of the ground lamb.

For something not cooked, it is very tasty.
that does sound good

yerrag

that does sound good
I don't have a thin meat slicer, but a thin sliced meat would just be as tasty. It takes much more work for me to slice thin though, and meat thin sliced at the store costs a lot more.

My second meal with the raw ground lamb meat also gave me a high heart rate.

rei

I have now tried eating beef filet raw and it is pretty neutral when coming from a good source (deep red), while supermarket stuff (pale red) has a slightly offputting taste. But i prefer to cook the meat just for so long the surface is well done, 90% being still raw, it gives a good contrast in taste.

Daniil

♥️

The podcast will give a lot more details then this short write up

As far as why raw meat, it's kind of a mystery. Could be there are enzymes or glycogen in the meat that make the difference. Really haven't been able to find anything definitive on why raw meat over cooked makes such a difference. Some say it needs way less pancreatic enzymes to digest.

The muscle building could also just be the fact that I am consuming 150g+ of protein per day. It was difficult to get those numbers back when bloating and other problems were an issue. Raw meat is so easy to eat.
Raw meat contains a lot of glutathione (such an antioxidant, you can read about it on the Internet). But eating raw meat can catch any infection, including parasites. So I don't think it's worth doing. Alternatively, you can try glutathione supplements. By the way, I wonder what Ray thinks of them?

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Update:

I found a variation on this diet that I am really enjoying.

I was eating around 0.75-1.00 pound of raw meat per day, usually a mix of chicken and beef sirloin tip with more chicken then beef

I switched instead to eating very little protein, and mostly fruit, for 2-3 days and then eating 1-3 pounds of raw meat on a "meat gorge" day (1-2 pounds if its 2 days, 2 pounds if its 3 days, more if its longer)

so it goes 2-3 days of fruit, 1 day of heavy meat , rinse and repeat. I tested out going up to 6 days of just fruit between meat days and it was not good. I feel the best in the 2-3 day range between meat days.

The idea is that our bodies from ancient times are adapted to fluctuating amounts of protein intake...feast and famine

I am basically doing a fruit and meat diet, but I will throw in some veggies, rice crackers, and popcorn as well

Here are the benefits I have noticed:

-My hunger signals are not so extreme. I would get ravenously hungry in the afternoons. For some reason that is much less so now. I can go longer without getting hungry
-Blood sugars are more stable on non-protein days and I take less insulin
-I don't have this edge to my mood anymore. I did not really notice it but eating 1 pound of raw meat per day was giving me this edge. Hard to describe, but I just felt a bit off. I think this may be blood sugar dynamics. The first few days I did not eat meat, I felt much happier and care free.
-I have less puffiness and water retention. I feel like I am giving my kidneys a rest for a few days, then they have to work hard with a big meal but its not this chronic protein thing anymore.
-Nothing to base this on, but I feel like I am detoxing more and my skin is healthier. I always thought protein was a crucial part of liver health and detoxification...but I don't think your liver needs protein every day, and the by products of protein metabolism may put pressure on liver and kidneys

This experiment has really changed my viewpoint on protein. Peat always said it was important to get a good amount of protein per day (80-100g) depending on body weight. But I don't think that is the case anymore. I think chronic intake of lots of protein is not good for us.

This new way of eating feels like the best of both vegan and carnivore worlds to me. On days where I am eating mostly just fruit, I feel energetic, light, happy, and I swear I am de-aging. Fruit is magical in its ability to de-age us. My hair stands on end as well and looks very health. But what happens if all you eat is fruit all the time? You go crazy and lose all the muscle on your body and start a youtube channel with a neck beard.

On the days I eat meat, I feel strong, calm, and grounded. But what happens if all you eat is meat? Well you get angry, get liver dysfunction, and stop sleeping while you contemplate revenge on the vegans.

This is truly the best of both worlds

There are some other changes I have made, so don't take this as gospel as I am not super clear on what to attribute to what. But I am really enjoying this way of eating and it is worth a shot

Hermes

Update:

I found a variation on this diet that I am really enjoying.

I was eating around 0.75-1.00 pound of raw meat per day, usually a mix of chicken and beef sirloin tip with more chicken then beef

I switched instead to eating very little protein, and mostly fruit, for 2-3 days and then eating 1-3 pounds of raw meat on a "meat gorge" day (1-2 pounds if its 2 days, 2 pounds if its 3 days, more if its longer)

so it goes 2-3 days of fruit, 1 day of heavy meat , rinse and repeat. I tested out going up to 6 days of just fruit between meat days and it was not good. I feel the best in the 2-3 day range between meat days.

The idea is that our bodies from ancient times are adapted to fluctuating amounts of protein intake...feast and famine

I am basically doing a fruit and meat diet, but I will throw in some veggies, rice crackers, and popcorn as well

Here are the benefits I have noticed:

-My hunger signals are not so extreme. I would get ravenously hungry in the afternoons. For some reason that is much less so now. I can go longer without getting hungry
-Blood sugars are more stable on non-protein days and I take less insulin
-I don't have this edge to my mood anymore. I did not really notice it but eating 1 pound of raw meat per day was giving me this edge. Hard to describe, but I just felt a bit off. I think this may be blood sugar dynamics. The first few days I did not eat meat, I felt much happier and care free.
-I have less puffiness and water retention. I feel like I am giving my kidneys a rest for a few days, then they have to work hard with a big meal but its not this chronic protein thing anymore.
-Nothing to base this on, but I feel like I am detoxing more and my skin is healthier. I always thought protein was a crucial part of liver health and detoxification...but I don't think your liver needs protein every day, and the by products of protein metabolism may put pressure on liver and kidneys

This experiment has really changed my viewpoint on protein. Peat always said it was important to get a good amount of protein per day (80-100g) depending on body weight. But I don't think that is the case anymore. I think chronic intake of lots of protein is not good for us.

This new way of eating feels like the best of both vegan and carnivore worlds to me. On days where I am eating mostly just fruit, I feel energetic, light, happy, and I swear I am de-aging. Fruit is magical in its ability to de-age us. My hair stands on end as well and looks very health. But what happens if all you eat is fruit all the time? You go crazy and lose all the muscle on your body and start a youtube channel with a neck beard.

On the days I eat meat, I feel strong, calm, and grounded. But what happens if all you eat is meat? Well you get angry, get liver dysfunction, and stop sleeping while you contemplate revenge on the vegans.

This is truly the best of both worlds

There are some other changes I have made, so don't take this as gospel as I am not super clear on what to attribute to what. But I am really enjoying this way of eating and it is worth a shot
That‘s an interesting perspective you present. Do you still eat mostly low vitamin a, and what kind of fruits do you eat? Congrats on your insight and progress. Enjoy your tinkering which is inspirational.

I switched to eating raw meat early this year and have found it very satisfying. The quaxpodcast interview with Weston did it. In the betinning it was a challenge to overcome some disgust, but now it‘s totally normal to eat raw lamb, beef and have also started to eat raw brain. I still haven‘t managed to overcome salmonella anxiety, that‘s why I still fry chicken. I‘m too socially conditioned to be wary of it. I had once a fight with my then girlfriend b/c according to her I wasn‘t handling the chicken careful enough. You know changing the cutting board to slice vegetables. My craving for meat
is really high. But I too have troubles sleeping at night, but this is not something new and has been there for a few years now. The being on edge I can‘t confirm but at least a little less meat would bring my grocery bill down.

What other changes you made, if you mind sharing?

I‘ve realized how important it is to energize the gut: methylene blue and co q10 all seem to help with mood and deeper more restful sleep once I fall asleep.

I have been following a low vitamin a diet since march 2019. Really curious to see how much my blood levels have fallen since the last test. It was in the summer of 2020. But it was still way too high then. I‘m assuming my health/sleep issues are related with vA, and excess endotoxin. I surmise it to be the main sleep disruptor. Good gut health is the sine qua non of good sleep.

Last edited:
OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

That‘s an interesting perspective you present. Do you still eat mostly low vitamin a, and what kind of fruits do you eat? Congrats on your insight and progress. Enjoy your tinkering which is inspirational.

I switched to eating raw meat early this year and have found it very satisfying. The quaxpodcast interview with Weston did it. In the betinning it was a challenge to overcome some disgust, but now it‘s totally normal to eat raw lamb, beef and have also started to eat raw brain. I still haven‘t managed to overcome salmonella anxiety, that‘s why I still fry chicken. I‘m too socially conditioned to be wary of it. I had once a fight with my then girlfriend b/c according to her I wasn‘t handling the chicken careful enough. You know changing the cutting board to slice vegetables. My craving for meat
is really high. But I too have troubles sleeping at night, but this is not something new and has been there for a few years now. The being on edge I can‘t confirm but at least a little less meat would bring my grocery bill down.

What other changes you made, if you mind sharing?

I‘ve realized how important it is to energize the gut: methylene blue and co q10 all seem to help with mood and deeper more restful sleep once I fall asleep.

I have been following a low vitamin a diet since march 2019. Really curious to see how much my blood levels have fallen since the last test. It was in the summer of 2020. But it was still way too high then. I‘m assuming my health/sleep issues are related with vA, and excess endotoxin. I surmise it to be the main sleep disruptor. Good gut health is the sine qua non of good sleep.
Yeah still low VA, also doing low oxalates the best I can. Fruits are apples, pears, strawberries, cherries, blueberries. Veggies are cauliflower, corn, and some green beans.

The big change I recently made is sleeping outside. It isn't too hot here so I can manage it, but probably only for another week or two. I believe there was mold in my room, I am thinking from these books as I had a huge book case in there(which I got rid of). So I sleep better outside in a tent. Much better actually. When I move back into my room I will see if I cleared the mold or whatever, or if sleep gets worse. So maybe that move outside is helping me more then I know...or enabling me to do the alternate fruit/meat days...and when I move back into my house it will all go to ***t, I dunno.

That is awesome about the raw meat man. I feel exactly the same...at first its weird and then it is no big deal at all. Are you getting more energy? Less hunger? I totally get the craving for the raw meat. I feel like a straight tiger sometimes. Brains is out there! I tried testicles but haven't tried brains yet like Weston talked about. Testicles were just okay. Didn't Weston talk about trippy dreams with brains? Let me know if you get those.

I get my chicken pretty fresh, so I am not that worried about it. I don't think I would eat it if it were shipped across the country and had been frozen for a month though.

Nomane Euger

Yeah still low VA, also doing low oxalates the best I can. Fruits are apples, pears, strawberries, cherries, blueberries. Veggies are cauliflower, corn, and some green beans.

The big change I recently made is sleeping outside. It isn't too hot here so I can manage it, but probably only for another week or two. I believe there was mold in my room, I am thinking from these books as I had a huge book case in there(which I got rid of). So I sleep better outside in a tent. Much better actually. When I move back into my room I will see if I cleared the mold or whatever, or if sleep gets worse. So maybe that move outside is helping me more then I know...or enabling me to do the alternate fruit/meat days...and when I move back into my house it will all go to ***t, I dunno.

That is awesome about the raw meat man. I feel exactly the same...at first its weird and then it is no big deal at all. Are you getting more energy? Less hunger? I totally get the craving for the raw meat. I feel like a straight tiger sometimes. Brains is out there! I tried testicles but haven't tried brains yet like Weston talked about. Testicles were just okay. Didn't Weston talk about trippy dreams with brains? Let me know if you get those.

I get my chicken pretty fresh, so I am not that worried about it. I don't think I would eat it if it were shipped across the country and had been frozen for a month though.
Hi Tarmander,i also eat raw meat since a year and half,i went from eating raw meat daily to eating mostly honey and fruits these last months and very rarely meat.i Ate raw brain,kidneys,liver,fat,meat.I have found that raw veal/beef if well digested,increase drastically ability to remember dreams,and dream clarity,color.any choline rich foods such as kidneys and brain can make you have exeptional dreams(specifically kidneys and brains,i found that liver feel like it supress my dreams when i eat it,and i get more dreams the days after i stop it),when i ate brain,i dreamed the whole night,when i usually dream on the last part of my sleep.i found that meat wont lower any euphoria inertia that you have from fruits if you eat it with enough fat,and in small quantity at a time such as 100 to 150 grammes,the best fat i have found is grass fed grass finished lamb subcutanous fat in the summer,it has a "spicy" goat cheese like flavor to it,which from what i have seen is caused by the MCTS.The most digestible way from raw meat that i have found,wich warm me up the most instantly,make me digest it the best and have very fews burps and sometimes no burp at all,and make me feel great,is ground veal/beef presalted 15% fat,that i take out of the fridge 2 to 4 hours at room temperature(better in the summer) before to eat it,it get an appreciable fermented taste(not acidic,more umami like),then i cook it slightly only on the outside and warm it up in the inside,thats also what increase the most my dreams quality.i have also found that depending if the animal if male/female and depending of if he is yound or older,i will get differents feelings,then suppose the sex of the animal and if the animal was young,then ask the butcher and iam right most of the times

Korven

@Tarmander

Cool stuff... I enjoy reading about your experiments. There must be some truth to the Dr Robert Morse fruitarian lymphatic kidney detox paradigm because otherwise there wouldn't be all these people doing it, right? I guess the problem is when it becomes your religion and you don't have animal protein for years and your teeth start falling out. User Ania on here eats strictly meat and fruit and has rheumatoid arthritis in complete remission.

Curious to hear, are you still doing labs on your gut microbiome and tracking changes? I ordered a microbiome testing but realized I could not get the raw data and put it into Ken Lassensen's CFS machine, so it's pretty much useless. I'm doing a shotgun approach with anti-microbials, antibiotics, prebiotics and it's hard to tell if anything is improving.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

@Tarmander

Cool stuff... I enjoy reading about your experiments. There must be some truth to the Dr Robert Morse fruitarian lymphatic kidney detox paradigm because otherwise there wouldn't be all these people doing it, right? I guess the problem is when it becomes your religion and you don't have animal protein for years and your teeth start falling out. User Ania on here eats strictly meat and fruit and has rheumatoid arthritis in complete remission.

Curious to hear, are you still doing labs on your gut microbiome and tracking changes? I ordered a microbiome testing but realized I could not get the raw data and put it into Ken Lassensen's CFS machine, so it's pretty much useless. I'm doing a shotgun approach with anti-microbials, antibiotics, prebiotics and it's hard to tell if anything is improving.
Yeah still doing microbiome tests every 1.5 months or so. I really have the process for that dialed in.

I get the test results and go through every recommendation on Ken's site for sleep and make a spreadsheet of the recommendations. I pick 1-3 herbs/supplements that get the most recommendations and use those for about a month or two at which point they stop helping. I get a new test, get new recommendations, and start the process over again.

Last test was florastor and triphala. These helped with sleep but I think also made it harder to lose the last 15 pounds I want to lose. This month is chitosan, wasabi (I stopped using it a couple months ago), and schisandra. So far really liking chitosan as it seems to give me vivid dreams, and I wake up feeling kind of drunk I sleep so deep. Going to add in the wasabi and schisandra in a week or two.

That sucks your test doesn't work on Ken's site. I am getting a lot of value out of it, but it is a moving target that changes constantly and it isn't that easy to use either. I think you need to keep testing every couple months to get new recommendations

Hermes

Low vitamin is probably the key for me, well that's more an unfounded assertion but I truly believe in the theory by Grant. What speaks volumes are the great health improvements he experienced over the years. That's why I'm really wary of it, maybe too much so. It leads also to pretty restrictive eating. Some fruits like you're doing sounds really appealing. Had a bowl of blueberries today. Almost all fruits contain a little beta carotene. But maybe I need to loosen up a bit on this Grant infused doctrine.

That's too bad your dealing with mold in your bed room. That's really not good for health and wrecks havoc however healthy you are. Maybe you could benefit from an ozone generator? People say they kill mold spores. Sleeping outside is fun and all when the weather is dry and warm. I hope you find a good long term solution for you. Nevertheless it sounds great that your sleep is so much better outside. Maybe it's also being grounded? No dirty electricity which is known to disrupt sleep. Not so speak of other EMF sources.

This great energy hasn't come to me yet with raw meat. It's as if I feel more grounded, more determined to work towards my goals, it's subtle and not overwhelmingly obvious. I can attest to the feeling of being less hungry. Sometimes I'm surprised how long I can go without eating anything. Probably I lost some weight too. Testicles are really chewy and you basically swallow them, and taste wise their kinda salty bitter, really hard to describe. Also the texture isn't necessarly appealing. But I did notice good morning wood. I stopped eating them b/c of the miniscule vitamin a content and the concern for aromatization. Probably high testosterone is the result of good overall health, good cellular energy and all. Anyway, it was also kind of a hassle to get them. But their super cheap compared to any other meat cut. I mean who eats testicles?!

Haha, yeah, the trippy dreams is probably an overstatement. But I do dream more vividly which is unusual b/c I wouldn't dream much in my teens or twenties. My sister always did and wondered why. I wouldn't mind trippy tough. That's sounds really exciting. I think Grant mentions also how he vividly dreams each night. Maybe it's related to your vitamin a levels?! I've some LSD sitting around in the freezer, you remind me to try some higher doses some time. So far I've been worried going past 100 mcg.

Ok, next experiment will be raw chicken. Damn, social programming is so strong on this one.

Korven

Cooked meat + starch = difficult to digest, massive insulin spike, blood sugar rollercoaster and adrenaline/cortisol to bring blood sugar up again. Fatigued and sleepy, depression, moodiness, unstable energy.

Raw meat + couple tablespoons of raw honey = super easy on digestion, smooth energy that lasts for hours and hours, stable blood sugar, feeling strong and nourished.

I just can't go back to eating a normal diet when I know how awesome I feel eating animal protein and fruits/honey. Even just straight fruits meals are way better than cooked animal protein and white rice/potatoes. Keeping blood sugar stable is so, so important. I think my depression and mood issues before was just my blood sugar dropping like a rock after meals.