Why You Should Eat Raw Meat

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Bump raw meat thread.

@Tarmander, are you still cruising along on the low VA raw meat and fruit diet? Any new insights on gut microbiome stuff?

Also I should say thanks for bringing some of the most outside-the-box, useful health solutions to this forum.

I have been eating more grass fed raw beef lately and I do enjoy the better energy over cooked meat. I am also going to start juicing celery and cucumber and drink it in the morning, apparently the alkalinizing effect allows you to eat and assimilate more raw meat (*Aajonus idea). Eating pounds of beef every day is very acid forming, need to balance it out with alkaline fruits and veggies.
Still cruising man. Doing less fruit these days, more grains. I have been exercising a lot and fruits just don't give me enough bang for the buck.

Gut microbiome...not so much in a broad sense, but I have found certain supplements, like fucoidan and chitosan, really shift the balance in a big way from firmicutes dominant to Bacteroides dominant. Firmicutes don't have LPS, so you really want them to be dominant over bacteroides. Funnily enough, both those are sold as weight loss aids. So something about a big shift in the microbiome can facilitate a change in bmi. Probably in both directions

But other then that, haven't been digging into the microbiome. I would just remind people that if they are going to use antibiotics to shift their microbiome, they should stick with the macrolides and tetracyclines as the safest.

I also find that too much red meat can make me feel off. Maybe its the acids. I do an even split of raw beef and chicken usually every other day for breakfast.

SonOfEurope

Meat is definitively best rare.... when you cook it all the way it will lose many enzymes and vitamins it's a burden to digest.

The key is ( and what I've been telling people for years) is that meat must be consumed away from carbohydrates or fructose to reap it's benefits . If you had a breakfast of real oranges and chocolate you should eat meat (any meat) at least 3 hours away from any carbs or fruit.

Meat is digested by acid.

Carbs are digested by alkaline acids.

Carbs are best digested on their own or with a bit of fat.

Meat is digested best on it's own with some saturated fat and greens.

Keep them separate by 3 hours and you will get the benefits of both.

SonOfEurope

Eggs and milk are slightly diferent... you must experiment wether you can handle them with starch/fruit or not.

ddjd

is it safe to eat raw beef liver? i always think it tastes ridiculously creamy raw. so much better than cooked

jet9

Meat is definitively best rare.... when you cook it all the way it will lose many enzymes and vitamins it's a burden to digest.

The key is ( and what I've been telling people for years) is that meat must be consumed away from carbohydrates or fructose to reap it's benefits . If you had a breakfast of real oranges and chocolate you should eat meat (any meat) at least 3 hours away from any carbs or fruit.

Meat is digested by acid.

Carbs are digested by alkaline acids.

Carbs are best digested on their own or with a bit of fat.

Meat is digested best on it's own with some saturated fat and greens.

Keep them separate by 3 hours and you will get the benefits of both.
What are your typical meals with this way of eating?

peter88

Raw bison makes me feel incredible. I could eat a pound of this stuff in one sitting and feel light and energetic.