Suspected Chronic Copper Deficiency With Neurodegeneration/Diabete's Symptoms

Ben.

Did you guys ever got your Zonulin measured?

maybe that’s the problem

I dont think i have, haven't done any blood work for quit some time now.

All i know is with my health decline i not only started to have low copper levels but also lowish vitamin d levels.
Vitamin D Supplementation didn't work out for me all to well tho.

In my case it is a gut issue. More and more i am sure of it, the changes i can make by doing stuff in that regards goes beyond "mental stress".
Charlie reported in one of his thiamin thread that supplemental thiamin (vit b1) raised vitamin b12 and vitamin d levels without actually supplementing thoose. Which indicates a underlying gut issue.

Sergey made a interesting post in one of the thiamin studie posts:

Quite likely fungi and/or some bacterial species. When grain feeding induces ruminal acidosis in cows thiamine content in their ruminal fluid drops to almost zero. It wipes out thiamine dependant flora and, it seems, thiamine producing flora too.
While methanogenic archaea and fungi thrive.

When thiamine is supplemented normal fermentation pattern and flora profile is restored, and methane output drops.

It seems that overconsumption of starch drives growth of archaea which are quite efficient in displacing many “good” species. And being very resistant to most antimicrobials, they can stay unaffected by antibiotics etc.
They are however susceptible to attacks from
L. Reureri, especially when carbs and polysaccharides are limited.
Almost forgot, omega-3 pufa seem to kill methanogenic archaea too.

Have you guys tried Thiamin as TTFD and or Nicotinamide for the gut issues? B-Complexes sorta kinda randomly helped me, but raw colostrum realy makes my digestive tract significantly better, bone broth is very soothing and increases wellbeing.

Maybe it’s „simply“ a stress thing? Are you guys stressed? Overthinking all the time ?
I am.

Or maybe other nutrients are missing and this causes an imbalance? Like boron, selenium , chromium or molybdenum ?

maybe all trace minerals need to be taken / eaten in balance?

Yeah i guess everyone with chronic health issues has this issue probably. Some more, some less. Defenietly recommend stretches and meditations or calm walks in nature. But it is not the only variable. I'd recommend working on all thoose fronts, try stuff out and see both dietary, lifesyle wise and mentally what seems to work for yourself and stay with it.

Motif

Yeah but when you have gut issues this might be it? It’s a leaky gut marker and might be why we don’t absorb nutrients like we should

Sergey

I have tried all sorts of thiamine regimes. And nicotinamide, th. And B12 (and regret about this
one a lot, even though it was helping immensely). Yes, gut is definitely involved very often. But whats important, it can be constantly supplied by weird flora by oral dysbiosis and infections in oesophagus, mouth, sinuses, all those places.

OP
A

Astolfo

Motif you have excess/biounavailable copper symptoms. You are one of those people I mentioned in the thread. Why don't you just try chelating it? Or maybe take manganese + moly + zinc + vitamin C and 2 mg copper daily.

You have overthinking symptom, you don't look like that you have true copper deficiency to me.

Motif

Motif you have excess/biounavailable copper symptoms. You are one of those people I mentioned in the thread. Why don't you just try chelating it? Or maybe take manganese + moly + zinc + vitamin C and 2 mg copper daily.

You have overthinking symptom, you don't look like you have true copper deficiency to me.

why do you think I have this and not just a deficiency ?

and what would it Change? I take this stuff anyway? + eating copper foods

OP
A

Astolfo

why do you think I have this and not just a deficiency ?
Excess copper in the brain stimulates the mind while you have low in the serum. There are lots of people like you I guess.

Motif

Excess copper in the brain stimulates the mind while you have low in the serum. There are lots of people like you I guess.

Ok, i Heard of this before and that’s why I didn’t take any copper for years.

but what would this change for my treatment?
I do take zinc, copper (right now, but I want to stop and only get it from food soon), and I’ll start all other trace minerals tomorrow.

so what what be different in treatment ?

OP
A

Astolfo

Ok, i Heard of this before and that’s why I didn’t take any copper for years.

but what would this change for my treatment?
I do take zinc, copper (right now, but I want to stop and only get it from food soon), and I’ll start all other trace minerals tomorrow.

so what what be different in treatment ?
The theory is, if you chelate your excess copper from your brain and tissues, your metabolism will get faster and when you give it back later, you will feel much better. Copper itself slows down metabolism, so chelating it would help you in utilizing copper if you have it in excess.

Motif

Vitamin A converts copper to its bioavailable form.
I do take vitamin A too.
Blood test showed pretty good levels though

@Astolfo ok , but again, you said take 2 mg copper , zinc , C, Mangan, selenium ...

I do that anyway? What’s the difference then?

OP
A

Astolfo

I do take vitamin A too.
Blood test showed pretty good levels though

@Astolfo ok , but again, you said take 2 mg copper , zinc , C, Mangan, selenium ...

I do that anyway? What’s the difference then?
yeah, I got it wrong. If you already take them, I don't know why it doesn't work. Copper is so hard to figure out.

Motif

I have to say the malabsorption through leaky gut makes most sense to me.

i remember peat said stress can cause this , even just disrupted sleep.
he mentioned hormones too.

Perry Staltic

Now I have some serious motor symptoms like fine motor impairment, myoclonus and involunteraly movements of my limbs.

Myoclonus is one of the signs of serotonin syndrome, so excess serotonin is something to consider

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals