My Body Is A Wreck - Need Help

Murtaza

My last thread was just focused on the hair loss part so i decided to make another thread where i talk about my general health (and hair loss). I stumbled upon the name Ray peat after reading 'Hair like a Fox' by Danny Roddy. Ive looked over this forum for specific hair loss regimens that have actually worked for people but i couldnt find any, so here i am.
A little background : im 20 years old and started losing hair when i was about 16. I love my hair as much as Danny Roddy loves his hair (you'd know how much if you've read his book) so naturally ive always been on a look out for a 'cure'. My doctor diagnosed me with MPB but i guess according to Ray and Danny that isnt a thing. I recently got my thyroid level tested too and apparenting everything is in 'normal' range so that confuses me even more. Anyway my diet rn is standard peat stuff with about 2500 cals, OJ, coffee, avoiding PUFA as much as i can, good ratio of carbs and protiens. Ive stopped drinking alcohol completely in quest of stopping my hair loss.

At the moment my supplements include:
Asprin - 750 mg
Vit K2 - 1.2 mg x twice a day
Progest-e 3 drops x 5 times a day (i know this is pretty high dose for a male but i read somewhere on this forum that you have to dose high for the first 10 days and tapper it down slowly)
Vit D - 20000 IU every third day (GP prescribed it)
Magnesium - 1200 mg before bed
Polysorbate 80 - 4 times a week

This is pretty basic stuff that ive been since a few days. I gotta say the hair fall has reduced and my hair just looks a bit more dense.

Well ive always been extremely hairy all over my body. I started developing beard when i was 14 (i know, crazy). By the time i was 16 i had visible terminal hair on my neck too, this obviously was very embarrasing for me as i was the only one in my friends to have this. Around this time my hair loss started and at the time i had seb dermatitis as well. I had my head shaved twice in the next 3 years and that made the dermatitis a little bit better but its not completely gone. Like if i dont shampoo for 3 days, i can see visible flaking.

All of this took a toll on my overall confidence and self-esteem as well. I became overly cautious about my appearence. I didnt feel like socializing anymore because i was always afraid that someone might say something about my appearence. I literally lost my voice, people would always tell me to speak up since they cant hear me (i wasnt like this before). I just cant be assertive anymore, i cave even when im confronted with the slightest of inconvinience.

Oh did i mention cystic acne? Lol by now you'd be thinking this guy is a total wreck. Well long story short, i had severe acne which obviously came with acne scars. I eventually became fed up when nothing worked for me and gave into accutane. Took it for 3 months. Cured my acne completely although that came with a price. Severe depression for 6 months or so. I was even suicidal, but now im better.

I havent had any labs done recently but im pretty sure im estrogen dominant since i have hair on my back, upper arms, chest, ear lobes, upper cheeks etc hence experimenting with progest-e. My beard grows pretty fast (i have very prominent 5 o clock shadow even when i shave in the morning) although im not sure what this indicates. I know this may sound desperate but i just wanna stop my hair loss and regain my lost confidence in the process. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated and im sorry if i said something that was ignorant to peating since im kinda new to this forum.

Constatine

Start with the basics. Get more sun exposure, be more active throughout the day (not necessarily workouts but a lot more light activity), get more protein every day (200g is very healing when consumed with enough fat for digestion), eat at least 3000 calories (if you are close to 6 ft tall), try nofap, and get a good sleep schedule. Supplements are useful but it is lifestyle factors that really improve ones health.

OP
M

Murtaza

Start with the basics. Get more sun exposure, be more active throughout the day (not necessarily workouts but aye lot more light activity), get more protein every day (200g is very healing when consumed with enough fat for digestion), eat at least 3000 calories (if you are close to 6 ft tall), try nofap, and get a good sleep schedule. Supplements are useful but it is lifestyle factors that really improve ones health.
yeah, you're right. I barely get any sun these days, sleep schedule is pretty odd and i guess im not consuming that much protien either. funny you mention that because im exactly 6ft tall. ive been on nofap for almost year now since im seeing someone. i just dont have the urge to fap anymore.

EIRE24

More sun exposure is a definite good thing. Always feel better with more sun. It actually clears up my acne. All of @Constatine reccomendations are brilliant

EIRE24

Start with the basics. Get more sun exposure, be more active throughout the day (not necessarily workouts but a lot more light activity), get more protein every day (200g is very healing when consumed with enough fat for digestion), eat at least 3000 calories (if you are close to 6 ft tall), try nofap, and get a good sleep schedule. Supplements are useful but it is lifestyle factors that really improve ones health.
Don't mean to derail the thread and I'm sure the OP will get some good info from this too but what does 200 gram of protein a day look like for You @Constatine

Constatine

Don't mean to derail the thread and I'm sure the OP will get some good info from this too but what does 200 gram of protein a day look like for You @Constatine
Mainly just from milk, eggs, and muscle meats. High quality protein powder is ok when consuming fats with it and getting plenty of vitamin A (which is important for protein utilization and is depleted on a high protein diet). Its really just about consuming more of what you already eat for protein. Eating that much protein definitely requires one to up their calorie consumption quite a bit as having too much of your total calories (proportion) come from protein is not good. Its the most difficult the first week, after that it becomes habit eating that much. Having a proper sleep schedule is important for meal timing as well. Ideally you should be waking up early in the morning and eating a hefty breakfast right a way.

Last edited:

inurendotoxin

@Murtaza ,

Any success with this protocol? :innocent:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals