Pregnenolone 100mg daily severe depression

mgrabs

28 yr old male. I started with 100mg pregnenolone from my doctor saying itll help my pregnenolone and dhea
Levels. Felt great for a week, now i feel absolutely awful. Just hours after taking it i can cry and crawl in a ball. I feel so depressed and irritated im not sure what is causing all of this. Can anyone help? I feel like im in the darkest hole ever. Its very unlike me

bruschi11

You can definitely get out of this pretty quickly.

I’m having similar issue right now. I neuro disease that isn’t good but was moving forward with strides recently. Crashed bad the last few weeks from taking preg- 25mg for 10-12 days.

Thing is i was taking low dose Dhea 3-5mg with. Dhea w/ preg can cause preg to only go down one pathway- the aldosterone pathway.

Which is torturous. I am going through HELL right now.

I think our best bet is estrogen production. So we need to increase testosterone too. Preg-aldo can cause iron metabolism issues.

I’m realizing aldosterone (which preg pushes) is just a nightmare when elevated. And a huge reason for the last 18 months of my life.

OP
M

mgrabs

I’m having similar issue right now. I neuro disease that isn’t good but was moving forward with strides recently. Crashed bad the last few weeks from taking preg- 25mg for 10-12 days.

Thing is i was taking low dose Dhea 3-5mg with. Dhea w/ preg can cause preg to only go down one pathway- the aldosterone pathway.

I think our best bet is estrogen production. So we need to increase testosterone too. Preg-aldo can cause iron metabolism issues.

I’m realizing aldosterone (which preg pushes) is just a nightmare when elevated. And a huge reason for the last 18 months of my life.
Wow. I honestly don’t want to take it tomorrow. That was the plan. I feel like absolute mental death. A series of emotional bursts of sadness, energy, & exhaustion. Very strong erections & libido When I need it. But waking up exhausted with no morning erections. I don’t even care about that at this point because my mental state is unwell. What do we do from here? My estradiol was 17 before starting. I also remember 3 months ago starting only 25mg of Pregnenolone for 1 month and my estradiol went straight to 45 instantly. Not sure if that matters but just throwing as much info as i can out there. Test is in the 850s. But to make this post stand out more. I. Feel. Like. Absolute. Dog. Sh*t. @Santosh i remember You saying last week that you experienced depression. Figured I’d let you know how im feeling 10 days later.

gaze

not worth messing with any hormone besides thyroid for males. go back to the basics. vit d, magnesium, calcium, sodium. hypoallergenic diet. it could be impurities in the supplement, so carrot salad may help. or an antihistamine

Normal Human

28 yr old male. I started with 100mg pregnenolone from my doctor saying itll help my pregnenolone and dhea
Levels. Felt great for a week, now i feel absolutely awful. Just hours after taking it i can cry and crawl in a ball. I feel so depressed and irritated im not sure what is causing all of this. Can anyone help? I feel like im in the darkest hole ever. Its very unlike me
The symptoms you're describing sound like symptoms of elevated estrogen to me.

I would guess that for some reason you're body is preferentially converting the preg. into DHEA, and then to estrogen - possibly because you already have adequate testosterone (?). I wish I knew with more certainty the reason, because I've also seen many other forum members report intolerance to pregnenolone causing somewhat similar (and sometimes different) symptoms as yours.

Probably best thing to do is to pause it for awhile. Disobeying doctor's recommendations, especially on supplements, is not a crime. Perhaps doing the carrot salad once or twice a day may help in the meantime to bind excess estrogen in the gut.

Whatever route you go, sounds like preg. isn't really doing your body any favors.

Personally (29 year old male here), the way I used pregnenolone (StressNon), which I found to make the most sense physiologically, was to simply use a small dose (10MG) acutely to break my body out of a pretty vicious, long-term, stress-reaction caused by over-work and under-nutrition, thereby running on cortisol and adrenaline. I felt the benefit of this low-dose preg. literally instantaneously upon putting it in my mouth. It was crazy.

Then, I would just see how long that feeling of relief lasted, and then when I felt it fade, I took another dose. I honestly didn't need any more than 10MG orally every 1-2 days at the beginning, and then after a couple weeks every 3-7 days, and now since my life circumstances have become less stress-inducing, I don't take it at all or even feel the desire to take it.

The idea of a young man with totally adequate testosterone using pregnenolone to "fill in" pregnenolone or DHEA levels based on lab numbers seems misguided. The fact that you felt great for a week, means it was likely having a positive systemic effect based on helping your body shift out of a stress-cycle, but clearly you don't need anywhere near as much as you've been recommended to take.

Just my 2c.

Normal Human

If you suspect increased aldosterone production due to too much pregnenolone, aside from pausing the pregnenolone, I would think the other thing to try would be to make sure you're salting your food and liquids, if you haven't been trying that already.

Aldosterone, Sodium Deficiency, and Insulin Resistance – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

DrJ

Maybe the pregnenolone is being shunted to estrogen or cortisol. Are you getting enough calories and decent nutrition?

Bartu

I Had the same results with pregnenolone and pansterone(preg + dhea) first few days incridible energy, open mind etc, after few days - depression, anexiety, very scared, low energy, super low libido, limp ****. I noticed that taking pregnenolone over 10mg is overkill for me, thats why even with pansterone the ratio of 1:1 makes it unusable atleast for me. I had great results with dhea alone though, 50mg-100mg, morning & afternoon daily with high cholesterol food(eggs, cheese), completely reverse - nice libido, better energy, better blood flow down there.

OP
M

mgrabs

I Had the same results with pregnenolone and pansterone(preg + dhea) first few days incridible energy, open mind etc, after few days - depression, anexiety, very scared, low energy, super low libido, limp ****. I noticed that taking pregnenolone over 10mg is overkill for me, thats why even with pansterone the ratio of 1:1 makes it unusable atleast for me. I had great results with dhea alone though, 50mg-100mg, morning & afternoon daily with high cholesterol food(eggs, cheese), completely reverse - nice libido, better energy, better blood flow down there.
I have a 5mg tablet from design’s for health of DHEA. i may try instead. How long does it take for the body to rid this pregnenolone. I didn’t take it this morning still feel weird

-Luke-

I also experimented with pregnenolone (50 or 25mg) for the first time about a month ago and stopped again for now. For a few days I felt a little more relaxed during the day, but slept worse at night (which is not necessarily related to pregnenolone, as my sleep is generally very fluctuating and more on the bad side). After that initial period, my sleep was better, but I had little energy during the day and could barely get out of bed in the morning.

In addition, a week ago I got NDT for the first time (not easy to get it in the EU) and wanted to see the effect on its own and not mix everything. I may experiment with smaller 10mg doses of pregnenolone sometime in the future, as described by @Normal Human (nice username). But the first impression was not positive.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals