5mg DHEA Daily

Jib

Is it possible to feel results from 5mg DHEA in just a few days?

I'm taking 100mg of pregnenolone every few days or so on top of this. But I was doing pregnenolone for some weeks before DHEA and did not feel these results.

Only just started DHEA a few days ago. I feel a bit more upbeat, and one thing I've noticed is my sex drive is way up. It's strange though. Not in a frustrated, horny way. Just like, more energy and women seem a lot more enticing all of a sudden.

Like a feeling of wanting to live my life more. Strangely enough I also picked up my guitar and recorded some stuff for the first time in a very, very long time, and felt like I used to feel when I was maybe 18 or 19 and super excited about it (I'm 29 now).

Perhaps the sensation of an elevated sex drive is hand-in-hand with that feeling of wanting to live my life more. Makes me think of my ex gf and my increased desire for sex right now feels hand-in-hand with wanting to do stuff, like go on a hike, cook together; sex is just a part of that picture. It's more than that, it's really craving a connection.

But not in a lonely way. Like my head is just filled with stuff I'd love to do if I had the opportunity. Been craving companionship so a lot of those thoughts are revolving around the idea of a relationship, but I am also feeling a little more inspired to call up some of my guy friends and go hang out and do something.

So I guess just feeling a little more social and upbeat? Weird. I think it's only been 3 days since I started the DHEA at 5mg a day (5mg capsules, not divided doses).

Placebo, or is this stuff legit?

EDIT: It's important to mention that I have been EXTREMELY depressed lately. Forcing myself to work out, and eat as well as I can, but I have been thinking a lot about suicide lately, and just feeling like I'm in absolute misery with no point to doing anything with my life and just wishing I could die, or just feeling too tired and miserable to even want to die, and days just passing by with no joy at all.

Lost all interest in literally everything and just feeling like I'm already dead. Like a walking corpse, a husk of a human being.

So to feel like this, and have more positive thoughts, is a tremendous change. Has taken me by surprise and the only thing I've changed lately is the addition of 5mg DHEA starting from a few days ago. I'd say I really noticed feeling better perhaps 1 day ago, and I can't really remember a single day in the past 6+ months where I felt uplifted or upbeat or happy like this. It's early, for sure, but even though I just started this supplement, I can't remember the last time I felt like this. So I wouldn't attribute it to a random mood swing.

Last edited:

Beastmode

I'm taking 100mg of pregnenolone every few days or so on top of this. But I was doing pregnenolone for some weeks before DHEA and did not feel these results.

Only just started DHEA a few days ago. I feel a bit more upbeat, and one thing I've noticed is my sex drive is way up. It's strange though. Not in a frustrated, horny way. Just like, more energy and women seem a lot more enticing all of a sudden.

Like a feeling of wanting to live my life more. Strangely enough I also picked up my guitar and recorded some stuff for the first time in a very, very long time, and felt like I used to feel when I was maybe 18 or 19 and super excited about it (I'm 29 now).

Perhaps the sensation of an elevated sex drive is hand-in-hand with that feeling of wanting to live my life more. Makes me think of my ex gf and my increased desire for sex right now feels hand-in-hand with wanting to do stuff, like go on a hike, cook together; sex is just a part of that picture. It's more than that, it's really craving a connection.

But not in a lonely way. Like my head is just filled with stuff I'd love to do if I had the opportunity. Been craving companionship so a lot of those thoughts are revolving around the idea of a relationship, but I am also feeling a little more inspired to call up some of my guy friends and go hang out and do something.

So I guess just feeling a little more social and upbeat? Weird. I think it's only been 3 days since I started the DHEA at 5mg a day (5mg capsules, not divided doses).

EDIT: It's important to mention that I have been EXTREMELY depressed lately. Forcing myself to work out, and eat as well as I can, but I have been thinking a lot about suicide lately, and just feeling like I'm in absolute misery with no point to doing anything with my life and just wishing I could die, or just feeling too tired and miserable to even want to die, and days just passing by with no joy at all.

Lost all interest in literally everything and just feeling like I'm already dead. Like a walking corpse, a husk of a human being.

So to feel like this, and have more positive thoughts, is a tremendous change. Has taken me by surprise and the only thing I've changed lately is the addition of 5mg DHEA starting from a few days ago. I'd say I really noticed feeling better perhaps 1 day ago, and I can't really remember a single day in the past 6+ months where I felt uplifted or upbeat or happy like this. It's early, for sure, but even though I just started this supplement, I can't remember the last time I felt like this. So I wouldn't attribute it to a random mood swing.

I get a similar response from topical DHEA (Rubbing 50-60 mg of DHEA mixed with olive oil or vitamin E on my skin.) Absorption wise, it equals at or around 5-6 mg according to Peat. Pregnenolone works ok for me, but I don't seem to get the obvious reactions like I do DHEA.

So far from what I gather, the anti-catabolic effect can have a good effect on libido, drive to do stuff, etc. Being a 40 year old male, I had my levels checked and they were on the lower end of the scale.

Frankdee20

5 mg oral dhea gave me severe agitation and anxiety

japanesedude

I think supplemental DHEA,Pregnenolone or Thyroid can improve the sense of well being.
mood,ability to enjoy the music etc everything becomes 'vivid' with these supplements and I believe We all naturally have this feelings When We were teenager.

OP
Jib

Jib

I forgot to mention I have renal agenesis, AKA I was born with one kidney. Never found out if I only have one adrenal gland too. Reading online I found the rates are about 1 in 7 for renal agenesis to also come with a missing adrenal gland on the side of the missing kidney as well.

Never had my levels checked. And not sure if that potential biological abnormality could affect DHEA levels.

It is pretty crazy. The effects of heightened mood, lower stress, and generally feeling happy and positive are extremely obvious. My only concern is this won't last. Is cycling DHEA normal, like 1 week on, 1 week off, or anything like that? I certainly don't want to overdo it. And at 29 years old, 5mg may even be a bit much I imagine, unless I'm missing an adrenal gland.

I definitely feel hotter too. I don't really feel hungry despite it being nighttime now, and having eaten nothing all day, but I did have a couple cups of coffee with plenty of heavy cream and sugar. Not something I'm trying to do, just how today worked out, but interesting results.

@ Frankdee

Did you ever try topical DHEA and have different results, or is DHEA just not for you in your experience?

inthedark

I've had a similar though maybe not quite as drastic experience from a single topical dose of DHEA around that amount. I also have depression (that I've managed to treat well enough that I can almost say "had" depression) and DHEA has been really effective in treating it. I use Idealabs' Pansterone, which has a bit of pregnenolone too.

I also noticed it's effect on social affect and drive. I take it every day for a bit then take some time off. I recently read that taking DHEA can help production of hormones that are often suppressed in individuals with depression or high levels of stress or PTSD. I don't remember specially which ones but this speaks to why you've had such a profound change with it.

broozer

definitly no placebo. i felt very much the same. i have to say i am chrinically depressed ,have midrange DHEA baseline but too high cortisol. when i took 15mg DHEA i get super funny,playful like a child, very social like you,lets do things attitude and better sports performance + good boners. slight donwside was a rather blurred vision, a drop in cognition (i play chess, and on a too hihg dose of DHEA i play much worse) and a worse sense of orientation in the city. maybe 15mg was for me already estrogenic. thats why im ok with 2-3mg daily.

did you notive effects on sleep?

T

TheBeard

Thank you for the report!

Have you ever taken finasteride?

What is your E2 level when you are off all supplements/hormones?

ilikecats

@Beastmode did ray say this particularly about topical DHEA? For some reason I thought the topical absorption was uniquely high and the oral bioavailability was uniquely low for DHEA so about 5 mg topically was about the same as 5mg orally. But I just realize I have no source for this info haha. What's your source for DHEA btw? I know ray says topical absorption is about 20 percent (sometimes less) for the fat soluble vitamins.

Frankdee20

I forgot to mention I have renal agenesis, AKA I was born with one kidney. Never found out if I only have one adrenal gland too. Reading online I found the rates are about 1 in 7 for renal agenesis to also come with a missing adrenal gland on the side of the missing kidney as well.

Never had my levels checked. And not sure if that potential biological abnormality could affect DHEA levels.

It is pretty crazy. The effects of heightened mood, lower stress, and generally feeling happy and positive are extremely obvious. My only concern is this won't last. Is cycling DHEA normal, like 1 week on, 1 week off, or anything like that? I certainly don't want to overdo it. And at 29 years old, 5mg may even be a bit much I imagine, unless I'm missing an adrenal gland.

I definitely feel hotter too. I don't really feel hungry despite it being nighttime now, and having eaten nothing all day, but I did have a couple cups of coffee with plenty of heavy cream and sugar. Not something I'm trying to do, just how today worked out, but interesting results.

@ Frankdee

Did you ever try topical DHEA and have different results, or is DHEA just not for you in your experience?

Never messed with topical but I should try it. Everything gives me anxiety though. Lol

baccheion

5 mg oral dhea gave me severe agitation and anxiety
Do you have a lower level of cortisol? Was this after taking it for a few days to move past initial effects?
definitly no placebo. i felt very much the same. i have to say i am chrinically depressed ,have midrange DHEA baseline but too high cortisol. when i took 15mg DHEA i get super funny,playful like a child, very social like you,lets do things attitude and better sports performance + good boners. slight donwside was a rather blurred vision, a drop in cognition (i play chess, and on a too hihg dose of DHEA i play much worse) and a worse sense of orientation in the city. maybe 15mg was for me already estrogenic. thats why im ok with 2-3mg daily.

did you notive effects on sleep?
Did you apply it topically? Did you look into why cortisol was high? How old are you?

Beastmode

@Beastmode did ray say this particularly about topical DHEA? For some reason I thought the topical absorption was uniquely high and the oral bioavailability was uniquely low for DHEA so about 5 mg topically was about the same as 5mg orally. But I just realize I have no source for this info haha. What's your source for DHEA btw? I know ray says topical absorption is about 20 percent (sometimes less) for the fat soluble vitamins.

You may be right. I'm going of what I've gotten from Ray personally. He said it's about 10% absorption via the skin when I asked about using DHEA. Hence, the 50-60 mg topically to get the "targeted" 5-6 mg per usage. I may have shared the email in the depository here on the forum somewhere.

I use the BULK brand.

OP
Jib

Jib

Thank you for the report!

Have you ever taken finasteride?

What is your E2 level when you are off all supplements/hormones?

Never had my E2 levels tested. Only hormone related thing I remember having tested was several years ago, was my TSH and it was 2.99. I'll have to go in again for some testing at some point to get an idea of what's going on. Never taken finasteride before. What's it supposed to do?

I use Pure Encapsulations DHEA.

Have a huge zit on my forehead as of yesterday. I'm pretty sure it's the DHEA. Using the old tea tree oil on a Q-tip method and hoping it'll go away soon. It's one of those zits that hurts like hell. Worth it for the mood improvements though :)

baccheion

Never had my E2 levels tested. Only hormone related thing I remember having tested was several years ago, was my TSH and it was 2.99. I'll have to go in again for some testing at some point to get an idea of what's going on. Never taken finasteride before. What's it supposed to do?

Have a huge zit on my forehead as of yesterday. I'm pretty sure it's the DHEA. Using the old tea tree oil on a Q-tip method and hoping it'll go away soon. It's one of those zits that hurts like hell. Worth it for the mood improvements though :)
Iodine topically gets rid of them (unsure if iodine or iodide; look up). Aren't there minerals that keep pores closed and break down sebum?

Beastmode

If you're getting zits you know for sure it's from the DHEA usage, it may be worth trying another one. I can't imagine that being a good sign. I got a similar response from Casseine protein and stopped it immediately. The additional protein I was getting from it isn't worth the reactions.

OP
Jib

Jib

Iodine topically gets rid of them (unsure if iodine or iodide; look up). Aren't there minerals that keep pores closed and break down sebum?

I should get some clear iodine. I have Lugol's solution but that'll leave me with basically a tattoo on my forehead for at least 12 hours! Perhaps I should add white iodine to my medicine cabinet for zits. The tea tree oil does work, dabbed on a cottonball or Q-tip and wiped over the affected area, but I'm excited to see how well iodine works.

I might have a mineral deficiency. I've wondered about a good multi-mineral supplement to take as a mainstay. If you know of any I'd be very interested.

If you're getting zits you know for sure it's from the DHEA usage, it may be worth trying another one. I can't imagine that being a good sign. I got a similar response from Casseine protein and stopped it immediately. The additional protein I was getting from it isn't worth the reactions.

Hmmm. Could it be the amount too? Is this 5mg something I should be cycling, or taking every other day for example instead of daily? Given my age too, I wonder if 5mg is overkill.

Or just the purity of the DHEA? I got pure encapsulations brand as I thought they were very high/strict quality, only other ingredients in the caps are cellulose and water. Is all DHEA micronized? Not sure if that makes a difference but this one is.

Beastmode

I should get some clear iodine. I have Lugol's solution but that'll leave me with basically a tattoo on my forehead for at least 12 hours! Perhaps I should add white iodine to my medicine cabinet for zits. The tea tree oil does work, dabbed on a cottonball or Q-tip and wiped over the affected area, but I'm excited to see how well iodine works.

I might have a mineral deficiency. I've wondered about a good multi-mineral supplement to take as a mainstay. If you know of any I'd be very interested.

Hmmm. Could it be the amount too? Is this 5mg something I should be cycling, or taking every other day for example instead of daily? Given my age too, I wonder if 5mg is overkill.

Or just the purity of the DHEA? I got pure encapsulations brand as I thought they were very high/strict quality, only other ingredients in the caps are cellulose and water. Is all DHEA micronized? Not sure if that makes a difference but this one is.

Others on here know way more about this kind of stuff than me, so I'll leave it to them.

Not sure if you're consuming the capsule, but everything I've heard from Ray and have noticed in my own experience, seems to cause a undesirable reaction in my body.

baccheion

I was more recommending looking into the effects of minerals.

MSM lotion.

I like a few multivitamins: AOR Ortho-Core, Life Extension Mix + Once-Daily Health Booster, Life Extension Two-per-day, and Thorne 2/day.

T

TheBeard

It’s a 5ar inhibitor, never touch that thing with a stick.

I keep reading that oral DHEA elicits greater conversion to DHEA-S by the liver, which is desirable. However I don’t want to burden my liver long term.

On the other hand, transdermal DHEA doesn’t have that much conversion to DHEA-S, but liver is unaffected.

Tough choice

OP
Jib

Jib

I am taking the capsule orally, not opening the cap and using it topically, just for reference.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals