Using High-dose Pregnenolone As An Anti-depressant

Squatrat

A popular topic in some circles these days is that Pregnenolone largely converts to Allopregnenolone which may help alleviate depression as depressed people tend to have low tissue levels of Allopreg.

My Story: I am a relatively healthy 34 yr old male who is currently obese but maintains normal hormonal levels through hormonal supplementation; I can prove this with blood tests. I have a history of mental illness, largely Social Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety, and Clinical Depression.

After reading threads on this forum as well as Peat and some scientific studies it occured to me to try and mega-dose Pregnelonlone for its conversion into Allopreg. Some studies were using very high doses, as high as 400mg at a time so for some reason I got it into my head to take about 300mg of Pregenenolone a day.

At first things were fine but then I started to noticed tiredness, increased hunger, lethargy, and towards the end of the experiment I nearly had a mental breakdown. Some of you already know the answer why but I had to learn the hard way.

What I didnt know at the time is that Pregnenolone converts roughly 80% into Progesterone and then that Progest largely converts to Allopreg at at a rate of 70%. Why the math? Lets do some numbers: I was taking 300mg Preg per day s0 300x.8x.3=72mg. Thats a whopping 72mg of Progesterone I was taking everyday and a youngish man should not be taking anywhere near that amount.

My mother who lives in the same city as me was the first to catch on that something was wrong; she said I looked "sick and bloated". Water retention is a side effect of Progest so it figures. Here are the other side effects to watch out for: Bloating; breast tenderness; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; fluid retention; headache; irritability; mild hair loss; muscle pain; nausea; spotting or breakthrough bleeding; stomach pain or cramping; tiredness; vomiting.

Its common knowledge to some on this forum, but unfortunately not to me, that high doses of Progest are anti-anabolic. The main reason being is Progest fights with DHT for access to DHT receptor sites. Too much Progest and too little DHT led to me becoming what Ill call "Progesterone Dominant."

Theres more I could add but im sure some of you familiar with these hormones can guess the story: I made myself anti-anabolic and sabotaged myself inadverdently.

TL;DR: Mega-dosing Pregnenolone for Allopreg is a bad idea. Dosing must be kept low and symptoms must be kept in check. If doctors find some way to directly increase tissue levels of Allopreg that would be great but mega-dosing Pregnenolone is not the ideal solution. Currently im off the Preg and mega-dosing DHT-boosting chemicals to get myself straight again. For men I recommend DHT-boosting drugs as the best way of installing mental calmness and clarity. That is all.

Pointless

Yeah preg can be problematic. The symptoms you describe seem more like estrogen than progesterone. You mentioned other hormones to stabilize your lab results and dht boosters. What exactly are you taking?

Salt can be great for anxiety and depression. Put a teaspoon of salt in a gallon of oj and work your way up to a glass twice a day.

OP
S

Squatrat

Yeah preg can be problematic. The symptoms you describe seem more like estrogen than progesterone. You mentioned other hormones to stabilize your lab results and dht boosters. What exactly are you taking?

Salt can be great for anxiety and depression. Put a teaspoon of salt in a gallon of oj and work your way up to a glass twice a day.

I take "rat chemicals" sold buy a user of this forum. :)

OP
S

Squatrat

For the record I dont think my estrogen was high as I take a lot of estrogen-lowering substances. The 72mg+ of Pregesterone was simply way too much for a 34 year old male or any male for that matter.

OP
S

Squatrat

Pulse is high due to obesity, being out of shape, and taking vyvanse. Temps before I started peating were low, in the 96F range. Ive raised my "typical" daily temp to about 97.4-97.6F but sometimes it goes higher due to vyvanse and thyroid drugs boosting my metabolism.
Any specific concerns?

milk_lover

Same exact thing happened to me! Pregnenolone is not meant to be for some unlucky people like us!
What have been clicking for me the last two months in terms of protective steroids/thyroid are the followings (in no order):

1- Tyromix orally. Tyroenne (only T3) isn't working for me orally nor topically. Topical Tyromix is not working for me either. Oral T3/T4 seems to be the only thing working for me

2- Progesterone orally only and in small doses. I get the benefits without the anti-androgen effect.

3-vitamin K2+Andro+Pansterone on balls in 3mg:2mg:1.25mg ratio respectively and no more than that, especially Pansterone.

As you see, low doses are the key I think.

Take small regular doses. I dip my finger in pregnenolone pwder and rub it on my gums like its cocaine

OP
S

Squatrat

Same exact thing happened to me! Pregnenolone is not meant to be for some unlucky people like us!
What have been clicking for me the last two months in terms of protective steroids/thyroid are the followings (in no order):

1- Tyromix orally. Tyroenne (only T3) isn't working for me orally nor topically. Topical Tyromix is not working for me either. Oral T3/T4 seems to be the only thing working for me

As you see, low doses are the key I think.

Tyronene works for me but when I first started I had to take a lot and it doesnt raise my temps. Since starting vyvanse I have more energy and can strategically dose my T3 as needed but it took a lot of trial and error.

Constatine

What does your diet look like? Most of the time mental problems can be solved via diet and light exposure.

OP
S

Squatrat

What does your diet look like? Most of the time mental problems can be solved via diet and light exposure.

Actually my Quality of Life is the best its been in awhile I was just experimenting with a lot of new stuff since dicovering Peat and the experiment failed. I LifeHacked too hard and I wont make that mistake again. I was going thru an experimental phase where I was taking too many supplements at too high doses but Ive started to dial things down now. My diet is a typical Peat diet; milk and OJ in the fridge, no flouridated water, solid food when I need it because the vyvanse jacks up my metabolism and makes me hungry sometimes.

Constatine

Actually my Quality of Life is the best its been in awhile I was just experimenting with a lot of new stuff since dicovering Peat and the experiment failed. I LifeHacked too hard and I wont make that mistake again. I was going thru an experimental phase where I was taking too many supplements at too high doses but Ive started to dial things down now. My diet is a typical Peat diet; milk and OJ in the fridge, no flouridated water, solid food when I need it because the vyvanse jacks up my metabolism and makes me hungry sometimes.
Ok great. I think vyvanse can damage the mitochondria which can cause many issues including depressive symptoms so just be weary of it.

OP
S

Squatrat

Ok great. I think vyvanse can damage the mitochondria which can cause many issues including depressive symptoms so just be weary of it.
Vyvanse is really just a patented dextramphetamine which is an ancient form of meth thats been studied to death. I only take 20-30mg once a day because thats all I can handle, at higher doses people with ADHD can see a return of psychotic symptoms but I dont take vyvanse for add/adhd. The only real downside to dextramphetamine is that it increases ALL the amine neurotransmitters including serotonin and thats probably where the side effects come from. I take anti-serotnin drugs to keep things under control.

DaveFoster

Pulse is high due to obesity, being out of shape, and taking vyvanse. Temps before I started peating were low, in the 96F range. Ive raised my "typical" daily temp to about 97.4-97.6F but sometimes it goes higher due to vyvanse and thyroid drugs boosting my metabolism.
Any specific concerns?
Are you aware that a healthy temp is above 98.6 F? Also, don't expect to be happy taking amphetamines. They're damaging.

OP
S

Squatrat

Are you aware that a healthy temp is above 98.6 F? Also, don't expect to be happy taking amphetamines. They're damaging.
I know my temps are low but I dont know what to do about it. Im already taking T3 and following most of peats recomendations. The meth? I gotta do what I gotta do to get by in life right now. If things become more settled and I lose weight I might get off of it but I need it now.

DaveFoster

I know my temps are low but I dont know what to do about it. Im already taking T3 and following most of peats recomendations. The meth? I gotta do what I gotta do to get by in life right now. If things become more settled and I lose weight I might get off of it but I need it now.
Why don't you try lower doses of progesterone and aspirin? Both will raise your temp. Try working your way up to 300-900 mg of aspirin before bed; it will greatly reduce depressive feelings. Make sure to dissolve in hot water, add baking soda, glycine, and sugar: cool and drink drink.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals