High dose pregnenolone

tommyg130

here for some pregnenolone conversation. I’ve posted a handful of times on my situation here and gotten plenty of what would seem to be good help. But what has fixed me big time and FAST is high dose pregnenolone.

Quick background. I’m 25 year old male physically look healthy 6’3 215 lean muscular frame. (Im obviously not saying this to boast, it’s actually frustrating bc all doctors wouldn’t take me serious bc I look “healthy” meanwhile I’m really suffering inside)

I messed myself up terribly with an oral steroid and crashed my hormone profile, awful, mood, high blood pressure, dry skin SKY HIGH ADRENALINE. Feel very bipolar, so sensitive to artificial light.

Been 2 years and I’m on low dose TRT since but still never felt right. Low body temps like 96.5 . Pain everywhere. My youth hormones plummeted also , but I didn’t know to check them until Ray. I played around w all 3 in average doses and nothing changed really. The past week I’ve supplemented 300mg pregnenolone daily and good lord.

Every single blood marker improved dramatically. I’m now pooping 3 times a day. No more bloat. My TMJ and head pressure disappeared. Colors are brighter. Multiple ppl have commented on my skin. Temps are now at 98.6+ Even in morning. extreme blood sugar issues have stopped.

I can tolerate and utilize other supplements bc my nervous system has improved I believe .
Lot of ppl on the forum here say low dose is the best . But I’m feeling rly good. Just not sure if 300mg over time is safe. But ray has said he’s taken 4000mg daily for a year lol.

Thoughts on all of this?! ?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Every single blood marker improved dramatically

Great news! Glad you are feeling better. Pregnenolone can potentiate the effects of TRT, both physiological and mental (antidepressant), so this may explain why you are feeling better on it. If the doctor ever stops your TRT but you continue the pregnenolone, then we will know better how much each steroid contributed to your health.
Btw, in regards to your statement above, do you mind sharing which markers improved on pregnenolone and by how much?

OP
T

tommyg130

Great news! Glad you are feeling better. Pregnenolone can potentiate the effects of TRT, both physiological and mental (antidepressant), so this may explain why you are feeling better on it. If the doctor ever stops your TRT but you continue the pregnenolone, then we will know better how much each steroid contributed to your health.
Btw, in regards to your statement above, do you mind sharing which markers improved on pregnenolone and by how much?
Interesting ! Thank you.. I would like to come off trt but I want to wait until I’m more stable so it’s less of a burden on my system. Id think a couple blasts of hcg, and then even higher dose preg for PCT..

Markers improved
Cholesterol from 412 to 220
Tsh 3.3 to .6
Rbc 6.54 to 5.5
Cortisol 15.1 to 9
ACTH 40.8 to 26.5
Prolactin 13.4 to 6

Blood pressure also went way way down .

The next panel will check to see how much my actual prog, preg, dhea went up themselves. They are not covered by my clinic. Id have to assume they are way up causing these dramatic changes ^

But aside from blood my actual observable behaviors are even more apparent. My
Eye health improved so much . I can be engaged in conversations again. I was in an extreme extreme constant state of fight of flight with minor shaking from adrenaline . So I guess preg just lowered all of that dramatically and the constant stress on my system eased up. Thus making my body a more welcoming loving Terrain. Energy was able to start flowing properly and things normalized as blood work shows.

Not sure if preg will help everyone this much bc I was desperate for it. My Level 45 ng/dl and progesterone was 10. Lol

Is 300mg preg anti androgen or catabolic /estrogenic in any sense ? Or the opposite ? I see conflicting views .

TheSir

Beware, there have been users on this forum who suffered severe, almost benzo-like withdrawals from quitting a sustained high-dose pregnenolone regime. @ecstatichamster might have been one if I recall right.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is 300mg preg anti androgen or catabolic /estrogenic in any sense ? Or the opposite ? I see conflicting views .

Thanks, results are perfectly consistent with what pregnenolone is supposed to do. Especially lowering the elevated cholesterol. The fact that it lowered cortisol should also be
How it metabolizes depends very much on each person. I don't think it is estrogenic, and in fact seems to be anti-estrogenic for most people, but only if it is pure enough. Some products seem to contain estrogenic metabolites/excipients and this may have caused the person to experience things like gyno, anger, etc and blame it on the pregnenolone. Given your results, I think your product is decent quality/purity.

NommyWommy

here for some pregnenolone conversation. I’ve posted a handful of times on my situation here and gotten plenty of what would seem to be good help. But what has fixed me big time and FAST is high dose pregnenolone.

Quick background. I’m 25 year old male physically look healthy 6’3 215 lean muscular frame. (Im obviously not saying this to boast, it’s actually frustrating bc all doctors wouldn’t take me serious bc I look “healthy” meanwhile I’m really suffering inside)

I messed myself up terribly with an oral steroid and crashed my hormone profile, awful, mood, high blood pressure, dry skin SKY HIGH ADRENALINE. Feel very bipolar, so sensitive to artificial light.

Been 2 years and I’m on low dose TRT since but still never felt right. Low body temps like 96.5 . Pain everywhere. My youth hormones plummeted also , but I didn’t know to check them until Ray. I played around w all 3 in average doses and nothing changed really. The past week I’ve supplemented 300mg pregnenolone daily and good lord.

Every single blood marker improved dramatically. I’m now pooping 3 times a day. No more bloat. My TMJ and head pressure disappeared. Colors are brighter. Multiple ppl have commented on my skin. Temps are now at 98.6+ Even in morning. extreme blood sugar issues have stopped.

I can tolerate and utilize other supplements bc my nervous system has improved I believe .
Lot of ppl on the forum here say low dose is the best . But I’m feeling rly good. Just not sure if 300mg over time is safe. But ray has said he’s taken 4000mg daily for a year lol.

Could you tell us what product you are using please?

OP
T

tommyg130

Beware, there have been users on this forum who suffered severe, almost benzo-like withdrawals from quitting a sustained high-dose pregnenolone regime. @ecstatichamster might have been one if I recall right.
Damn .. I guess it would smart to lower it slowly if I plan on coming off.. thank you

OP
T

tommyg130

Thanks, results are perfectly consistent with what pregnenolone is supposed to do. Especially lowering the elevated cholesterol. The fact that it lowered cortisol should also be
How it metabolizes depends very much on each person. I don't think it is estrogenic, and in fact seems to be anti-estrogenic for most people, but only if it is pure enough. Some products seem to contain estrogenic metabolites/excipients and this may have caused the person to experience things like gyno, anger, etc and blame it on the pregnenolone. Given your results, I think your product is decent quality/purity.
Thank you ! Is there a negative feedback loop with preg?

conrad0602

Is there a negative feed back loop?
I think the consensus is that it won't hinder your own production of preg and could potentially help to increase it when used in moderation. With regular high doses your body will try to adapt to maintain homeostasis and you may experience symptoms as you discontinue. the potential for it to disrupt the hpta isn't an issue if you plan to stay on T. It would be a valuable addition and could help keep estro in check. I think preg and dhea can become deficient when using T so another reason to include it. Always best to use the minimal effective dose with any supplement if it's something you're using daily.

OP
T

tommyg130

I think the consensus is that it won't hinder your own production of preg and could potentially help to increase it when used in moderation. With regular high doses your body will try to adapt to maintain homeostasis and you may experience symptoms as you discontinue. the potential for it to disrupt the hpta isn't an issue if you plan to stay on T. It would be a valuable addition and could help keep estro in check. I think preg and dhea can become deficient when using T so another reason to include it. Always best to use the minimal effective dose with any supplement if it's something you're using daily.
Thank you for the comment. Makes sense . I think I am going to try to come off Test. With some hcg and pregnelone to make it easier while my own production comes back. You’re saying preg when not on T would disrupt the HPTA axis ? How so

conrad0602

Thank you for the comment. Makes sense . I think I am going to try to come off Test. With some hcg and pregnelone to make it easier while my own production comes back. You’re saying preg when not on T would disrupt the HPTA axis ? How so
I think if it's used in small doses it's safe and could be beneficial. Big doses could increase progesterone enough to antagonize androgens and could provide enough T for the body to slow down production to maintain homeostasis. Probably not as much of an issue if hpta is in good shape to begin with but if you're shutdown and trying to recover it's a bit trickier. Hcg should help to bring the balls back again just need to keep an eye on estrogen. Have you considered a serm to follow the hcg?

Peroxphos

here for some pregnenolone I played around w all 3 in average doses and nothing changed really.

Can you add some details please:
- what were the low doses of Preg, Prog, Dhea that were ineffective? What was the route/delivery method? How long have you suplemented them before stopping?
- what has been your TRT dose and delivery method?
- how long have you been on your effective, high dose Preg?

OP
T

tommyg130

I think if it's used in small doses it's safe and could be beneficial. Big doses could increase progesterone enough to antagonize androgens and could provide enough T for the body to slow down production to maintain homeostasis. Probably not as much of an issue if hpta is in good shape to begin with but if you're shutdown and trying to recover it's a bit trickier. Hcg should help to bring the balls back again just need to keep an eye on estrogen. Have you considered a serm to follow the hcg?
So basically your saying preg could act as T when coming off? and since I’m trying to bring my own T back I shouldn’t introduce anything that would slow down my natural production

OP
T

tommyg130

So basically your saying preg could act as T when coming off? and since I’m trying to bring my own T back I shouldn’t introduce anything that would slow down my natural production
Yes maybe I will just do hcg serm, but idk is rather not but mayb it’s more effective then preg for pct

conrad0602

So basically your saying preg could act as T when coming off? and since I’m trying to bring my own T back I shouldn’t introduce anything that would slow down my natural productivity
It should help to fill in for deficient hormones and help to feel better whilst you work on getting hpta going again but it's a bandaid and overdoing it could cause further disruption. I think excess progesterone from big doses would be the most likely thing to slow recovery. A little bit should work in the right direction though. If implementing a serm following the HCG, low dose enclomifene or toremifene would be a good way to go. Better/safer than nolva/clomid and big doses shouldn't be needed.

Last edited:

Matestube

What was the steroid that threw you off if I may ask?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals