Paradoxical effect from Pregnenolone

db9

I am using Swansons pregnenolone and DHEA and I am getting this really paradoxical effect with pregnenolone. Every time I use it I get muscle hardness, more veiny, my testicles feel larger, more assertive, more driven, charismatic and better memory and intellect. The only thing that really destroys all of these is the fact the way it makes my face look. It’s kind of difficult to explain it but in some way my head becomes round as well as my face, the middle part of my face swollen, the skin looks really bad and it makes me feel really ugly and feminine which is in total contradiction with how my mental side feels.

For some perspective to shed more light on these problem I’ve been using aspirin frequently for 1,5 years in doses 500mg to 2-3 grams and the effect it has on my face and self esteem is incredible. My face and head look more square and elongated, no water retention and very smooth skin.

Now I know for a fact that these effects are not only subjective as I see the reaction of women since I frequently go out on weekends. The difference is really clear when I’ve been using aspirin for a couple of days contra pregnenolone. I get much more attention from prettier women when on aspirin. The downside of aspirin although is as profound as well. Not assertive, smaller testicles, not verbally fluent, really bad memory, bad argumentative skills and not driven at all. I would guess that the mental downsides are due to very low brain estrogen but I don’t know what consensus people on the forum have come to.

Anyhow, now I’m looking to buy some idealabs products and would appreciate if someone could shed some light on this problem and if anyone has had similar experiences with the idealabs pregnenolone.

What as well would be the best combination of supplements to buy from idealabs to get the benefits of pregnenolone without the moonface effect wich I’ll never compromise since I really believe the way your face looks is tremendously important.

redsun

I am using Swansons pregnenolone and DHEA and I am getting this really paradoxical effect with pregnenolone. Every time I use it I get muscle hardness, more veiny, my testicles feel larger, more assertive, more driven, charismatic and better memory and intellect. The only thing that really destroys all of these is the fact the way it makes my face look. It’s kind of difficult to explain it but in some way my head becomes round as well as my face, the middle part of my face swollen, the skin looks really bad and it makes me feel really ugly and feminine which is in total contradiction with how my mental side feels.

For some perspective to shed more light on these problem I’ve been using aspirin frequently for 1,5 years in doses 500mg to 2-3 grams and the effect it has on my face and self esteem is incredible. My face and head look more square and elongated, no water retention and very smooth skin.

Now I know for a fact that these effects are not only subjective as I see the reaction of women since I frequently go out on weekends. The difference is really clear when I’ve been using aspirin for a couple of days contra pregnenolone. I get much more attention from prettier women when on aspirin. The downside of aspirin although is as profound as well. Not assertive, smaller testicles, not verbally fluent, really bad memory, bad argumentative skills and not driven at all. I would guess that the mental downsides are due to very low brain estrogen but I don’t know what consensus people on the forum have come to.

Anyhow, now I’m looking to buy some idealabs products and would appreciate if someone could shed some light on this problem and if anyone has had similar experiences with the idealabs pregnenolone.

What as well would be the best combination of supplements to buy from idealabs to get the benefits of pregnenolone without the moonface effect wich I’ll never compromise since I really believe the way your face looks is tremendously important.
That effect is not paradoxical at all. Pregnenolone is the precursor to all the other steroid hormones and thus can also increase aldosterone and cortisol. Your face swells making your head look more round because its causing excess water retention. Cortisol is well known to be bad for skin health as well so its not a surprise if your skin looks worse. I would recommend you not continue flip-flopping between two drugs in order to acquire certain temporary positive effects and having to also deal with their negative side effects and focus on honing in your diet to improve mood and physical appearance.

In my experience, I have noticed strong reduction in water retention and/or improved facial appearance and positive androgenic effects when my protein intake and iodine, zinc, sodium, choline intake are higher. Copper also seems to make a difference as well.

Last edited:
OP
D

db9

I would also like to add that pregnenolone differs to aspirin also in the libido department. On pregnenolone I have very high libido, think about women all the time and longer flaccid length whilst on aspirin it is the exact same opposite. I only get aroused upon contact. I apply the pregnenolone in doses no higher than 10 mg above the penis area.

OP
D

db9

That effect is not paradoxical at all. Pregnenolone is the precursor to all the other steroid hormones and thus can also increase aldosterone and cortisol. Your face swells making your head look more round because its causing excess water retention. Cortisol is well known to be bad for skin health as well so its not a surprise if your skin looks worse. I would recommend you not continue flip-flopping between two drugs in order to acquire certain temporary positive effects and having to also deal with their negative side effects and focus on honing in your diet to improve mood and physical appearance.

In my experience, I have noticed strong reduction in water retention and/or improved facial appearance and positive androgenic effects when my protein intake and iodine, zinc, sodium, choline intake are higher. Copper also seems to make a difference as well.
Well I could see the cortisol connection but the aldosterone doesn’t make sense as haidut has made a post stating that pregnenolone is a potent aldosterone antagonist.

miquelangeles

In my experience it’s the DHEA causing those effects not pregnenolone.

miquelangeles

I’m really sure in my case that it is the pregnenolone since I’ve used solely that under a period of time.
Have you tried different brands? I didn’t like Swansons. Others reported bad effects from it too, there are some older threads about it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals