How To Thicken Dermis? Crows Feet

Blossom

Forum Supporter
interesting - i have one copy of that gene as well - even though my " doctors " told me that i didn't have a gluten issue- i have been gf for almost 10 years. what i do notice now that if i do accidentally get gluten in my diet that my reaction is really strong the older i get. the more i go on, the the more dna reports i run on different sites, the more i really am convinced that the dna factors and blood type ring true for me. i know Dr. Peat thinks that blood type thing is nonsense but.... what i do know is that eating gluten for years before i went off of it and taking tons of ibuprofen for sore joints form the same " doctors " that told me i no gluten issue- created a liver issue for me and then hormones imbalance. what a super slippery slope... why Retinol products work for me , i have no idea. i use a niacinimide / b3 day cream and a C serum also ... but im a bit of a skin freak. i should probably try to choke down some kind of dessicated liver but i get the shivers thinking about it. not sure if i want to kill a bunch of animals for my A... working on some other way. i can am too empathic to eat tortured animals and it actually gives me an adrenaline response at this point.
Cool we are sort of distant gene relatives! :lol: Supposedly something like 30% of euro ancestry people have that HLA-DQA1 and most don't develop celiac so there is much more to it than genes alone. I also question the medical systems ability to diagnose celiac. Many cases get overlooked for years.
Hopefully since you don't eat gluten anyway it won't be an issue for you.

I was vegetarian for several years and I fully respect your choice. I did it all wrong back then unfortunately by eating lots of soy and wheat so I just made myself worse! Now I just focus on getting most of my meat products from local farmers that I trust. We all have to do what's best for our own situation after all.

I wouldn't force myself to choke down anything that gave me shivers and an adrenaline response. It's possible that you may be converting beta carotene into all the Vitamin A you need.

I'm a skin freak too! Luckily eating better and improving my health since discovering Peat has helped my skin a lot.

Last edited:
D

danishispsychic

Cool we are sort of distant gene relatives! :lol: Supposedly something like 30% of euro ancestry people have that HLA-DQA1 and most don't develop celiac so there is much more to it than genes alone. I also question the medical systems ability to diagnose celiac. Many cases get overlooked for years.
Hopefully since you don't eat gluten anyway it won't be an issue for you.

I was vegetarian for several years and I fully respect your choice. I did it all wrong back then unfortunately by eating lots of soy and wheat so I just made myself worse! Now I just focus on getting most of my meat products from local farmers that I trust. We all have to do what's best for our own situation after all.

I wouldn't force myself to choke down anything that gave me shivers and an adrenaline response. It's possible that you may be converting beta carotene into all the Vitamin A you need.

I'm a skin freak too! Luckily eating better and improving my health since discovering Peat has helped my skin a lot.
I agree on the Soy fest that can be veg eating. I avoid , sometimes I get an actually craving for tofu- but then I get into peaty mode and avoid. I think that I actually do have Celiac or close to it ... but it didn't get hard core until my liver got all weird. I use this stuff also called Skin Food from Weleda that in sure if full of bad stuff but that darn skin food is something else in a good way. My next step is to get one of those red light monster mask looking things to scare my BF with and see if I cant up my skin game further. Its like a whole hobby. Dr Peat is right about Pregnenalone It took my whole face and lifted up like a LOT.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I use this stuff also called Skin Food from Weleda that in sure if full of bad stuff but that darn skin food is something else in a good way.
It can't be worse than the Aquaphor or A&D ointment I slather on my hands at work to keep them from cracking and bleeding.:arghh:

Nicole W.

Any ideas on how to specifically target the dermis of the face? I've noticed an increase in wrinkles on movement around the eyes (crows feet) and thinning of skin on the bridge of my nose, I know fillers are an option but I wondered if anyone had any other ideas.

I saw Peat's pregnenolone before/after pics but that seems to me to be more of a tightening of saggy skin, plus pregnenolone didn't work for me lol. I think it's more of a thinning/fat loss which causes my crows feet. Red light hasn't made a noticeable difference.

I've noticed people who age really well and don't wrinkle have plump looking thick skin all over the face.
Have you ever tried snail mucin...aka snail cream? It’s not a Peaty suggestion per say but I love it and have been using it for years. I also use a squalane with vitamin C which serves as a good moisturizer. Those two products combined with Solban are pretty effective at preserving and protecting facial skin.

I think soy may be good for skin; natto is a typical meal at Japan, and japanesse women are known for their skin to resist time like no one, I'd bet the natto with its mk-7 content has something to do with it.

ebs

There are a ton of anecdotes i've read on a few forums of Retin-A significantly *decreasing* dermal thickness and disappearing subcutaneous fat, in other words turning a plump and healthy face into a gaunt and hollow one... Which is why I have no personal experience with it nor intend to any time soon. It reduces wrinkles by thinning the skin to the level of the wrinkle, rather than buffing out wrinkles themselves. But don't mind me i'm just parroting

Squak squak

The people that made those claims were probably not doing enough to keep their skin moisturized. If used the wrong way it can inflame the skin by dehydration and make it look worse. Therefore it is of the utmost importance to use it with an effective moisturizer. If used appropriately it will increase collagen and elastin production over time making the dermis thicker and stratum corneum thinner leading to a more youtful skin. This has been well established by studies. In fact, it is pretty much the only skincare that has been scientifically proven to reduce wrinkles.

smith

The people that made those claims were probably not doing enough to keep their skin moisturized.

Forgetting to use a moisturizer in conjunction with retin-a causes people to have thin skin and gaunt / hollow face by destroying their subcutaneous fat? That says a lot, either about retin-a or your deductive skills

"Hm, if you're claiming that you developed a hollow or gaunt face- literally that your facial fat has decomposed, it's probably because you weren't applying a daily moisturizer after taking a shower." Oh dang thats what that is? Ah, should'a known.

Last edited:

ebs

Forgetting to use a moisturizer does not cause someone to have a gaunt face by losing their subcutaneous fat. That's just silly.

It deregulates the skin's ability to hold moisture which can lead to inflammation, which is why dermatologists recommend to balance it with a good moisturizer. Retin-a can very effectively dry out the skin, which could over time cause the gaunt face if we are to believe the people who made these claims. I'm just speculating because I haven't heard of this before. I'd love to see some hard evidence of it though.

It has been determined by coincidence through research in the 1980s that retin-a improves the skin by increasing skin cell regeneration and collagen, but some with very sensitive skin don't react positively to it and get very dry skin with rashes. I'm experimenting with it right now and have only been able to balance it with hyaluronic acid, a moisturizer containing niacinamide among other helpful ingredients, and shea butter. It apparantly takes time for your skin to get used to it and for its skin improving effect to take place.

Last edited:

smith

Have you ever used the stuff so you know what you're talking about? It deregulates the skin's ability to hold moisture which will lead to inflammation, which is something that could over time cause that effect, if we are to believe the people that made these forums claims. I'm just speculating because I haven't heard of this before. I'd love to see some hard evidence of it though.

It has been determined (by coincidence) through research in the 1980s that retin-a if used appropriately and if your skin reacts positvely to it that it would strenghten the skin by increasing collagen and elastin.
Hell no. So yea, you got me there, I'm a hypocrite.
But i don't think everything needs to be proven in a research paper to be true. My friend in his 50's completely reversed his mouth corner sag and wrinkles just by blending a cucumber and an egg together and rubbing it on his face in the shower. No studies on that as far as I'm concerned.
People should trust their own zetetic experience and consider the experience of others as much as they trust and consider studies... IMO. There's a million cures and remedies that actually work which also have 0% scientific "evidence"

ebs

Hell no. So yea, you got me there, I'm a hypocrite.
But i don't think everything needs to be proven in a research paper to be true.

Yes it does actually, especially for these sort of claims. As I've written in the post I was still editing (lol) when you responded I've just started experimenting with it so if it indeed can cause such effects I'd like to know, but only if it's really true.

Feel free to direct me to these findings. If people have written extensively about it along with before and after photos I'm prepared to take these claims serious. Like I said, if it causes rashes and such it can make your skin look worse instead of better.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks for pointing that out, I'm going to pay extra attention to it then.

I believe you've said earlier you use(d) it too? If so, what was your experience?
I liked it fine when I used it but I sort of got away from it due to more pressing issues. I later found out that it's probably not a good idea for people with celiacs but it sure did make my skin look nice. I noticed on drugs.com that atrophy is listed as a side effect for the cream but not the gel? That seems odd.

ebs

I liked it fine when I used it but I sort of got away from it due to more pressing issues. I later found out that it's probably not a good idea for people with celiacs but it sure did make my skin look nice. I noticed on drugs.com that atrophy is listed as a side effect for the cream but not the gel? That seems odd.

So you didn't have any side effects? Did you combine it with a moisturizer or without? I have easily dry skin so it's been trail and error for me the last couple of weeks but my current protocol seems to do the trick. I'm using the lowest percentage and planning to use if every day (if my skin allows it) until summer hits and then tapper it down and continue daily usage after summer, if everything goes according to plan and it won't make me look like a mummy...

Last edited:

x-ray peat

anyone try face massage? seems like people are getting good results based on comments

Brother John

It can't be worse than the Aquaphor or A&D ointment I slather on my hands at work to keep them from cracking and bleeding.:arghh:
Blossom,
This may sound just too simplistic to work but for me it has been a miracle several times when needed. I used to occasionally get "splits" in the area where my toes join to the foot. Super painful, no healing, no vitamin cures, or diet cures were found. But I had read a lot of stuff for cucumber helping skin, usually faces. So for a very painless and dirt cheap experiment I started eating cukes. Cracks went away. Years later a recurrence happened. This time I put cuke juice on the cracks and in my socks etc and right away I'm all better, like in a day or two. I have looked into cucumbers and I don't see much in there that could have such an effect. However the Water itself may contain some magic ju ju... So perhaps you will consider this story and try some cuke juice on your hands. Maybe even inside your sterile gloves for prolonged contact. Eating some also might be good. I did both..
Brother John

Blossom

Forum Supporter
So you didn't have any side effects? Did you combine it with a moisturizer or without? I have easily dry skin so it's been trail and error for me the last couple of weeks but my current protocol seems to do the trick. I'm using the lowest percentage and planning to use if every day (if my skin allows it) until summer hits and tapper it down to 2-3 times a week and continue daily usage after summer if everything goes according to plan and it won't make me look like a mummy...
You are probably aware but if you do use retin-a I know that sunscreen is very, very important! I did have redness and irritation from it if I didn't keep my skin moisturized. I also used to have pigment issues which can be a side effect but I don't know for certain if that was solely due to retin-a, hormone problems (estrogen, iron, pufa) or a combination of things.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Blossom,
This may sound just too simplistic to work but for me it has been a miracle several times when needed. I used to occasionally get "splits" in the area where my toes join to the foot. Super painful, no healing, no vitamin cures, or diet cures were found. But I had read a lot of stuff for cucumber helping skin, usually faces. So for a very painless and dirt cheap experiment I started eating cukes. Cracks went away. Years later a recurrence happened. This time I put cuke juice on the cracks and in my socks etc and right away I'm all better, like in a day or two. I have looked into cucumbers and I don't see much in there that could have such an effect. However the Water itself may contain some magic ju ju... So perhaps you will consider this story and try some cuke juice on your hands. Maybe even inside your sterile gloves for prolonged contact. Eating some also might be good. I did both..
Brother John
Thank you @Brother John! I'm down to my last month of this type of work but in the meantime I'll try sleeping with cucumber juice on my hands under gloves! I love eating cucumbers!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Blossom,
Brother John
It makes sense that it would work- people have been putting sliced cucumbers over their eyes as a spa treatment for many years!

ebs

You are probably aware but if you do use retin-a I know that sunscreen is very, very important! I did have redness and irritation from it if I didn't keep my skin moisturized. I also used to have pigment issues which can be a side effect but I don't know for certain if that was solely due to retin-a, hormone problems (estrogen, iron, pufa) or a combination of things.

Yeah I'm aware of it. I use a good sunscreen (30 spf) when I go for a walk to get some of that pro-thyroid sunlight. I try to limit it to about an hour a day. It will be interesting how I'm going to handle this during summer. Because it takes months for the retin-a to work I can't discontinue otherwise I'll have to start all over again. So I'll limit its use then for maintaince purposes only because I do want a little color on the face during this time of the year.

Were you still able to get a tan during its usage in summer?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals