My Broken Body: Some Uncommon Symptoms For Discussion

Paying more attention to my body has made me aware of strange sensations or occurrences that I've taken for granted over the years. Some of these aren't so much uncommon, but not discussed in great detail very often. I'm wondering if any of you have experienced anything similar. Some of them might be so obvious that they don't warrant discussion; some might be significant to overall health; some might be indicative of general lifestyle choices. Either way, I hope some of them connect with you.

- Changing eye color from day to day. I'm often told that I have startling green eyes, and often they're washing out and grey. I can't seem to find any correlation between good days and bad days, and whether eye color relates to how I'm feeling.

- Feet hurt when standing around. If I have to stand still for any longer than a couple of minutes, my feet start to ache. I get so restless I have to shift around on my feet or walk around the room. Seems to happen no matter which shoes I'm wearing. When I'm having a good day - digestion is good, tongue is pink, feeling warm - I notice this doesn't bother me so much.

- Sometimes feel worse on sunny days. I seem to inherit this from my parents. When the sun is out and everyone is having a blast, I feel a little ratty and introverted. I'm quick to snap. I don't know whether this is psychological because the sun shows off your imperfections more clearly, or perhaps the daylight is using up certain vitamins?

- Spongy skin. I've never had that smooth thin skin look. My facial skin has always looked a bit spongy, like you can see the open pores. This is particularly noticeable on my nose. Perhaps this is just me looking at my own face more closely than everyone else, or perhaps it's inflammation. I don't know.

- My body is awake but my face is asleep. I never feel truly awake in the mornings, or at least my eyes don't. My body feels capable but I just want to close my eyes in anything brighter than my shadowy bedroom. When I see my eyes in the mirror it's like looking into a dead person's eyes. My face is thick and stick.

- Always need to blow my nose in the morning. I always have bogeys in the morning. Anyone? I live in quite an old house, and perhaps I should wash my sheets more often than I do. But does anyone experience this?

- Constant clearing of the throat. Not so much since cutting out gluten, pectin, herbs and spices, but it still gets me sometimes on bad days, even when I haven't consumed any allergens.

- Random hairs on shoulders and arms. I know this isn't too uncommon, but I often find the discussions on random arm / shoulder / neck hairs runs dry. Anyone any closer to solving this?

OP
T
Some more:

- Unable to sit still. Apparently I was like this when I was a baby. I find it very hard to sit still through a movie or performance. I'm constantly shifting in my seat, sitting up, slouching down, crossing my legs, straightening them. It drives my wife crazy, although she rarely says anything!

- Never silence in my head. There's always an inner monologue, music, sfx going on in my noggin. But never just a clean signal. It's like there's 3-4 televisions on different channels at the same time.

- Urine flow fluctuates. Sometimes strong, sometimes weak, but it never seems to correlate with how much I need to pee. It's almost as if there's inflammation down there or something.

- Too much analysis and not enough action. I know this isn't uncommon at all these days, but I'm only putting it here because the chicken-egg aspect to this has always puzzled me. I believe physical health can change your will power / psychological endurance, but can you psychology and subsequent action affect your hormonal profile.

churchmouth

I have heard around here that the sun increases need for vitA. This seems like one you can experiment with easily, by testing out some vitA drops for those days. Just the act of doing something you believe might positively improve your mood will strongly influence the results, so will hard to be objective.

Would like to know about the random hairs, mine seem to be popping up in new spots more recently since 'peating'.

Feet hurting - I just got a stand up desk for work and yes in an hour in flat shoes my feet hurt and I have to get up on my toes. I think we might not be used to standing so much in one place.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals