How To Achieve Thin Skin?

dookie

I've noticed that healthy people tend to have rather thin and light skin, while unhealthy people tend to have more thick, dark and fibrotic skin, often with areas of hyperpigmentation.

After experimenting with some testosterone gel, I developed thicker and darker skin, which hasn't disappeared in more than 1 month after stopping the extremely low dose testosterone experiment.. I suspect it may have aromatized into estrogen.

Although I do find it interesting, because even bodybuilders who take loads of testosterone, typically have 'paper thin skin' at competitions... Maybe its one of the many drugs they use that do it? Or they just keep estrogen low around competition time?

What are some things that can thin the skin?

rw39

I have incredibly thin skin and I'm not healthy. It's a combination of genetics, sun damage, and diet. You don't want thin skin, trust me. It ages you faster.

rw39

Also, bodybuilders have thin skin at shows because for the 10-15 weeks before them, they load themselves with diuretics, tuna, and water. That's it. If you want thin skin, lose weight.

FredSonoma

I disagree, I associate thick skin with low serotonin and better health, and vice versa

Ideonaut

I disagree, I associate thick skin with low serotonin and better health, and vice versa
I would like to have nice thick skin rather than experience the usual fragile thin skin of old age. Peat said estrogen thins the skin, vitamin A thickens it. I wonder what else? Plenty of protein and things to maintain circulation, I suppose.

FredSonoma

I would like to have nice thick skin rather than experience the usual fragile thin skin of old age. Peat said estrogen thins the skin, vitamin A thickens it. I wonder what else? Plenty of protein and things to maintain circulation, I suppose.
I think skin health is difficult to fake. Follow your instincts to health and I imagine it will come. not really sure though

Rock_V

From what I've heard, testosterone creates quite a ruddy complexion. I could be completely wrong, it's just generally middle aged men who appear to be on TRT have quite thick, leathery like skin; take Mel Gibson and Sean Penn.

I think being angular, slim and having smooth skin in the facial region probably indicates good hormonal health as opposed to a puffy, bloated moon face. But, I don't think the thickness of your skin determines your health, if anything your skin thins, and looks more wrinkled, as you get older.

Makaveli

There was a threat on here somewhere that said progesterone lightens the skin. It has definitely done good things to my skin.

smith

Last edited:

lvysaur

After experimenting with some testosterone gel, I developed thicker and darker skin,
Androgens darken skin (and other tissues) independent of estrogen. Progesterone lightens it.

olive

Exogenous testosterone messes with collagen production, as do most steroids hence the aged look of steroid abusers. There are only a few steroids that have a positive impact on collagen production; anavar and nandrolone being the best two options.

Thin skin is caused by low subcutaneous body fat and low estrogen. Estrogen causes water (edema) beneath the skin.

Work on increasing collagen production (avoid steroids apart from nandrolone or anavar, ensure sufficient vitamin c and collagen amino acids), reducing body fat levels and lowering estrogen.

A high phosphorous diet, anecdotally, creates a thin skin look for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals