How To Thicken Dermis? Crows Feet

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yeah I'm aware of it. I use a good sunscreen (30 spf) when I go for a walk to get some of that pro-thyroid sunlight. I try to limit it to about an hour a day. It will be interesting how I'm going to handle this during summer. Because it takes months for the retin-a to work I can't discontinue otherwise I'll have to start all over again. So I'll limit its use then for maintaince purposes only because I do want a little color on the face during this time of the year.

Were you still able to get a tan during its usage in summer?
At first but then I started using 100 SPF due to pigment problems. It's funny looking back at my old pictures because my face was very white compared to the rest of my body!

ebs

At first but then I started using 100 SPF due to pigment problems. It's funny looking back at my old pictures because my face was very white compared to the rest of my body!

Did you continue using it every day in summer? Pigment problems can be a side effect even though it is supposed to decrease it. How did this manifest on your skin? Dark patches on the cheeks?

You definitely need to tread carefully with this stuff. For now I'll take the risk and can only hope it will work like its supposed to.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Did you continue using it every day in summer? Pigment problems can be a side effect even though it is supposed to decrease it. How did this manifest on your skin? Dark patches on the cheeks?

You definitely need to tread carefully with this stuff. For now I'll take the risk and can only hope it will work like its supposed to.
It looked like the mask of pregnancy so it could have just been hormonal. I was just extra cautious.

smith

As I've written in the post I was still editing (lol)
I'm not responsible for knowing when you are or aren't editing a post

While you're sitting around waiting for a study to be conducted, thinking individuals will be busy using what's already available on the internet ... for example, the Ray Peat forum.... to determine what to try/what not to try, and will have made more progress in a few months than in your years of hoping and hand-sitting. Like you're doing now, finally. Good job, and thanks

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It looked like the mask of pregnancy so it could have just been hormonal. I was just extra cautious.
Sorry, I just realized I didn't answer your question! Yes I used it everyday even in the summer.

ebs

I'm not responsible for knowing when you are or aren't editing a post

While you're sitting around waiting for a study to be conducted, thinking individuals will be busy using what's already available on the internet ... for example, the Ray Peat forum.... to determine what to try/what not to try. Like you're doing now, finally. Thanks

I'm not holding you responsible so no worries.

When I'm in the process of trying out something that might be beneficial it's annoying and confrontational when someone posts something negative about it hence why I asked you whether you would be so kind to substantiate those claims by providing some research/evidence that indicates it to be actually true. In the meantime I just did my thing and took a shower, ate some organic rice with butter and a salted orange with a cup of chamomile tea with sugar and enjoyed a movie, not waiting for someone to conduct a study, because I'm very aware of how busy people are.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
totally- interesting you comment on celiac- i am going to research this. i dont eat dead animals tho.... when i looked into the connection for a sec, it showed that it was Vitamin A that was the trigger. i wonder what Dr. Peat thinks about it .... i might email him on it. thank for your pointing out the connection! xx
I found this article on the connection between gluten sensitivity/celiac disease and retinoids and thought you might enjoy reading it.
When Carrots May Not be Good for You

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I found this on another site about retin-a and celiac disease.

"I stumbled on this article: "https://www.webmd.com/digestive-dis...s/20110208/new-treatment-for-celiac-disease#1

The article mentions that celiac disease is an autoimmune condition and that blocking an inflammatory protein called interleukin-15 (IL-15) may be beneficial. Medications that block IL-15 are being developed for other inflammatory diseases, including RA.

And now comes the interesting part:

"The new research also shows that retinoic acid, a vitamin-A derivative found in acne treatments such as Retin-A and Accutane, may be complicit in the onset of celiac disease."

“Vitamin A in these patients is a bad idea. Patients at risk should be careful about using retinoids."This may even include topical retinoids if they can enter the bloodstream.

"Those two molecules act together to promote inflammation."

olive

I found this on another site about retin-a and celiac disease.

"I stumbled on this article: "https://www.webmd.com/digestive-dis...s/20110208/new-treatment-for-celiac-disease#1

The article mentions that celiac disease is an autoimmune condition and that blocking an inflammatory protein called interleukin-15 (IL-15) may be beneficial. Medications that block IL-15 are being developed for other inflammatory diseases, including RA.

And now comes the interesting part:

"The new research also shows that retinoic acid, a vitamin-A derivative found in acne treatments such as Retin-A and Accutane, may be complicit in the onset of celiac disease."

“Vitamin A in these patients is a bad idea. Patients at risk should be careful about using retinoids."This may even include topical retinoids if they can enter the bloodstream.

"Those two molecules act together to promote inflammation."
Appreciate you posting this. I’ve got a bottle of retin-a sitting at home that I’ve been contemplating using for a little while. You just helped me make the decision not to use it. I have a few genes that make me more likely to develop celiac so I’ll er on the side of caution.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I have a few genes that make me more likely to develop celiac so I’ll er on the side of caution.
I’m glad it was helpful. I only have one gene and yet I still got it. I always suspected retin-a probably contributed. I had no idea 30 years ago that I was even at risk.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals