Pregnenolone And Estrogen Dominance

J

JohnBonham

Hi everyone,

This is my first time on the Forum, and I've been absolutely loving learning so much. I just have a few questions on Pregnenolone:

-Would Pregnenolone conceivably increase estrogen or contribute to estrogen dominance? I've heard a few people say it does, and some people even say it makes them puffy.
-I took my first dose (maybe unwisely) a few hours ago and I'm feeling very energized, alert, and almost jittery. It this a bad sign? It was 60mg.
-At what dose and frequency should Pregnenolone be used? Ray Sahelian apparently recommends no more than 5mg, which I read AFTER I took it, of course. I'm pretty impulsive.
-I've cut out PUFA's, taken steps to lower aldosterone, increased my sugar the past 2 weeks and I'm feeling feeling and looking so much better it's almost unbelievable. I've ever started growing more facial hair. I'm finally starting to feel like a man for once (I'm 23). My general water retention/puffiness has gone way down (especially in the face) and I'm very paranoid I'm going to wake up puffy again because of the Pregnenolone and it's making me very anxious.

Thank you all so much for lending your knowledge and experience. Without forums like this I would be dead in the water with no answers.

answersfound

Although Peat says that higher doses of pregnenolone are not harmful, I still would err on the side of caution because too much can kill libido and give you anger from the progesterone and allopregnenolone. Also, pregnenolone can even give you constipation if you take too much. I think a healthy adult produces about 30-50 mg a day, so I would not go over 30 mg. keep in mind it stays in your body for about a week so it builds up. That 60 mg is probably good for 2 days. I don't think pregnenolone will increase estrogen and I actually think it lowers it. Especially if your 23, pregnenolone should not be used in high doses. There are other ways to decrease estrogen like aspirin, vitamin e, caffeine, zinc, fat solubles that I also find to be easier to use and manage. I would focus on the foundation of vitamins minerals protein carbs, etc. before going hardcore on hormones, especially at your age.

OP
J

JohnBonham

Thanks, answersfound!

So I guess I'll just stop the Pregnenolone and use your recommendations. Do you know the reason people think the pregnenolone is causing high estrogen?

answersfound

JohnBonham said:
post 109728 Thanks, answersfound!

So I guess I'll just stop the Pregnenolone and use your recommendations. Do you know the reason people think the pregnenolone is causing high estrogen?

See page 5, specifically haidut's posts:

viewtopic.php?t=3596

Last edited by a moderator:

jaguar43

JohnBonham said:
post 109723 Hi everyone,

This is my first time on the Forum, and I've been absolutely loving learning so much. I just have a few questions on Pregnenolone:

-Would Pregnenolone conceivably increase estrogen or contribute to estrogen dominance? I've heard a few people say it does, and some people even say it makes them puffy.
-I took my first dose (maybe unwisely) a few hours ago and I'm feeling very energized, alert, and almost jittery. It this a bad sign? It was 60mg.
-At what dose and frequency should Pregnenolone be used? Ray Sahelian apparently recommends no more than 5mg, which I read AFTER I took it, of course. I'm pretty impulsive.
-I've cut out PUFA's, taken steps to lower aldosterone, increased my sugar the past 2 weeks and I'm feeling feeling and looking so much better it's almost unbelievable. I've ever started growing more facial hair. I'm finally starting to feel like a man for once (I'm 23). My general water retention/puffiness has gone way down (especially in the face) and I'm very paranoid I'm going to wake up puffy again because of the Pregnenolone and it's making me very anxious.

Thank you all so much for lending your knowledge and experience. Without forums like this I would be dead in the water with no answers.

I have been taking it for years now. Never had any issues with estrogen. if you have high estrogen and cortisol then it actually lowers both. But once you body is in homeostasis, then the extra pregnenolone won't interfere with your hormones. DHEA and progesterone will interfere.

The only problem with Pregnenolone is the excipients if it isn't pure.

I don't know how people seem to get a bad reaction from it ? I would almost conclude that it is due to other variables or an un pure product.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
J

JohnBonham

Thanks for the the reply, Jag2594

What you're saying makes sense. What dosage and frequency are you using?

Frankdee20

Yeah, this is definitely not uncommon to have people respond negatively. I began oral pregnenalone 10 mg capsules by Pure Encapsulations a week ago. I'm a 38 year old male, 6'2", 234, high Triglycerides and Cholesterol, low testosterone, normal Dhea, normal estrogens. The start at 10 mg a day made me a light sleeper, I began to notice stress feelings on day 2, then increased dose to 20 mg in the AM last 2 days. Today was unbearable, intense anxiety and inner feelings of dread. Also get headaches from it. I don't know if I should have just opened the capsule and start at 5 mg every few days, but it's definitely common to feel messed up.

Yeah, this is definitely not uncommon to have people respond negatively. I began oral pregnenalone 10 mg capsules by Pure Encapsulations a week ago. I'm a 38 year old male, 6'2", 234, high Triglycerides and Cholesterol, low testosterone, normal Dhea, normal estrogens. The start at 10 mg a day made me a light sleeper, I began to notice stress feelings on day 2, then increased dose to 20 mg in the AM last 2 days. Today was unbearable, intense anxiety and inner feelings of dread. Also get headaches from it. I don't know if I should have just opened the capsule and start at 5 mg every few days, but it's definitely common to feel messed up.
I had a similar experience, but started at a higher dose since I can't really weigh out powder at lower doses than 10 mg

Mossy

I had a similar experience, but started at a higher dose since I can't really weigh out powder at lower doses than 10 mg
Would you mind sharing what your dose is and how you're doing on it?

In the past, it seems larger (50mg) doses made me feel good, where smaller ones (5-10mg) made me irritable and anxious. But, I need to retest to be sure.

Would you mind sharing what your dose is and how you're doing on it?

In the past, it seems larger (50mg) doses made me feel good, where smaller ones (5-10mg) made me irritable and anxious. But, I need to retest to be sure.
the dose was somewhat approximate even with a scale. Somewhere between 10 and 30 mg I’d guess. Health natura powder.

Mossy

Please discard my last question. I'm tired and didn't see that you noted you had similar experience as Frankdee20. I also see that you've posted a question for Haidut with more detail, so I'll watch for his response.

I can share that I've had the same irritable and anxious effects with lower doses, 5-10mg. Real low doses, 1mg, as Haidut suggested, do seem to get me to sleep, but I don't stay asleep all night. But, that is probably due to my poor health and something else being triggered.

I did have a good experience with it 6 years ago, at a 50mg dose. I felt renewed. But, I took it for consecutive days afterward, which kept me up at night. I think the 1 time a week approach may have something to it -- at least for taking pregnenolone just by itself.

Mossy

the dose was somewhat approximate even with a scale. Somewhere between 10 and 30 mg I’d guess. Health natura powder.
Appreciate you sharing. I may try a 50mg dose soon, and share how it goes. I think I've read something about a larger dose, if it's the right dose for you, alleviating those negative effects. But, I can't say that for sure, so please don't take a large dose on my loose memory.