Anyone Tried Pregnenolone / Progesterone Alongside A Aromatase Inhibitor?

ddjd

I'm excited. Gotta couple things on the way. Really looking forward to it. Have both liurside and 5adhp coming.

I think lowering prolactin will be a huge help. I also have some insulin resistance so it will be interesting to see how the estrogen lowering drugs will take an effect on that as well.
anything to report back?

ddjd

Currently taking an AI and after browsing forum and seeing a couple things I am beginning to wonder if this would be an ultimate concoction - Pregnenolone / progesterone + Aspirin + AI (anastrozole).

I am trying 5mg pregnenolone + aspirin at the moment and also will take with thyroid (tyromix t3/t4). My goal would be to create more of the positive hormones while producing hardly any / none of the negative.

I am wondering if taking pregnenolone and t3 directly together will have a benefited effect?

As well as pregnenolone directly alongside an AI and aspirin.

Or does the conversion happen much later to where taking these together wont have any added effect?

an intriguing thing i noticed was that when I take aspirin a few hours after taking pregnenolone, it somehow makes my hair look better. I very rarely get compliments about my hair, but it's happened 3-4 times now that people have said something about my hair after I've taken this pregnenolone and aspirin combo. Which increased hormone make my hair look more "alive". Or could it be from the pregnenolone increasing progesterone?

aquaman

I emaile Ray about AI (and specifically Arimidex) a while ago for chest/stomach fat build up:

Ray Peat said:
I think the (liver, brain) toxicity of the commercial aromatase inhibitors is too great except for treating cancer. A diet, with good thyroid function, that corrected the bloating should gradually shift the fat distribution. Hypothyroidism would greatly increase the toxicity.

Brain Res. 2007 Aug 24;1165:21-9.
Nanomolar concentrations of anabolic-androgenic steroids amplify excitotoxic
neuronal death in mixed mouse cortical cultures.
Orlando R, Caruso A, Molinaro G, Motolese M, Matrisciano F, Togna G, Melchiorri
D, Nicoletti F, Bruno V.
Department of Human Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Rome La Sapienza,
Italy.
The use of anabolic-androgenic steroids (AASs) in the world of sport has raised a
major concern for the serious, sometimes life-threatening, side effects
associated with these drugs. Most of the CNS effects are of psychiatric origin,
and whether or not AASs are toxic to neurons is yet unknown. We compared the
effect of testosterone with that of the AASs, 19-nortestosterone (nandrolone),
stanozolol, and gestrinone, on excitotoxic neuronal death induced by
N-methyl-d-aspartate (NMDA) in primary cultures of mouse cortical cells. In the
most relevant experiments, steroids were applied to the cultures once daily
during the 4 days preceding the NMDA pulse. Under these conditions, testosterone
amplified excitotoxic neuronal death only at very high concentrations (10 muM),
whereas it was protective at concentrations of 10 nM and inactive at intermediate
concentrations. Low concentrations of testosterone became neurotoxic in the
presence of the aromatase inhibitors, i.e. anastrozole and aminoglutethimide,
suggesting that the intrinsic toxicity of testosterone was counterbalanced by its
aromatization into 17beta-estradiol. As opposed to testosterone, nortestosterone,
stanozolol and gestrinone amplified NMDA toxicity at nanomolar concentrations;
their action was insensitive to aromatase inhibitors, but was abrogated by the
androgen receptor antagonist, flutamide. None of the AASs were toxic in the
absence of NMDA. These data suggest that AASs increase neuronal vulnerability to
an excitotoxic insult and may therefore facilitate neuronal death associated with
acute or chronic CNS disorders.
cleardot.gif