Help! My Facial Features Changed From Taking Progestorone, Pregnenlone And Dhea

Jem Oz

@Mr.Tayto

Hang in there. I can relate about having your face ruined. Trust me. I've gotten extremely depressed about it. Mine was from having all 4 wisdom teeth removed. Over years after having them removed, my face became much, much less masculine. Eyes also became closer together and I ended up needing glasses and having bad vision. It sounds far fetched but it isn't. Removing wisdom teeth changes the structural support in the face, and the bones can recede when there's no longer any teeth there keeping them in place. Also known as "facial collapse."

Different causes, same results. I'll also say that I went through an even worse trauma with circumcision (male genital mutilation) and coming to terms with that. It's a lot. It really is.

Loss of sexual appeal/loss of ability to enjoy sex/etc. I could go on. A medication I was on causing severe premature ejaculation that I still have not recovered from a year after discontinuing it.

I'm saying this to let you know you're not alone. I'm in a very similar position. Some days are better than others and some days I am not even bothered about these things at all. There is a lot to the idea of getting stuck in your head. For some people it's grief over losing loved ones. The pain of loss can create a loop that replays over and over and over again every day and it's just torture.

From a psychological standpoint, I'd advise you to consider all this. There is plenty of hope for that. Let's play devil's advocate and say this is permanent -- then what? You can psychologically overcome this. I guarantee it.

One thing I'd advise is not talking about it with people. Simply don't. I've brought up issues I have about my looks/face/body etc. and sometimes people will be brutally honest. That is not good for you mentally. Also, if you play it off and genuinely act like you don't care, you'd be surprised how little of a difference it ends up making. The energy you project while walking around and talking to people when you hate yourself and are upset and in grief -- TOTALLY different from the energy you project when you're at peace with yourself and feel confident.

Don't focus so much on the external. And trust me, I know how it goes. Face changed for the worse, can't even have sex and even masturbating alone there is virtually no sensation at all. It's awful if I get stuck in it. But I've had plenty of days I haven't been stuck in it that have been great.

Hang in there dude! Seriously. Never give up on your ability to exercise control over your own mind and emotions. Even if our bodies are not doing what we want. Mind over matter. I really believe that. These days I keep my grief and struggles and anger completely to myself and do my best to project positivity in the world when I'm out and about around other people. It makes a huge difference.

Don't let it get to you. I'll say it again -- I know what it's like to deal with permanent changes and feeling like your looks and body are ruined for life. It's horrible. But don't let it ruin you. Don't let it get to you. It's a trap. A loop. Replaying bad thoughts and feelings. I promise you there is another way. In my own struggles I've seen it as an opportunity to grow spiritually and focus on my state of mind and the energy I'm putting out into the world, as opposed to obsessing about things I have no control over. I have literally attempted suicide over loneliness and hopelessness before as well so I know how hard the struggle can be.

Whatever happens you can not only cope with this but grow beyond it. I really believe that. Best of luck
Much wisdom here be.

SonOfEurope

Do you take progesterone topically or orally? Can't imagine 150 mgs per day. Also worth noting k2 increases T all by itself. I agree on the need to be very careful with dhea. I remember from a Peat article an old man was able to reverse his dementia with a combination of progesterone pregnenolone and thyroid.

Currently topical but down to 14/15 mg a day since I've come off benzodiazepines but yes... 150mg is a lot - almost mimicking the levels of a pregnant woman. I never take more than 3mg DHEA and I've used tiromix on and off.

K2 may have been a factor in the growth spurt I experienced between 25 and 27, going from 5'8 to 5'10 and all bones got bigger, neck, wrists, shoulders and chest thickness with practically no fat gain... Along with the progesterone and improved lifestyle of course.

Not surprised about the dementia part... The decline in the precursor hormones follows a parallel with mental decline as humans age....

Last edited:
OP
M

Mr.Tayto

@Mr.Tayto

Hang in there. I can relate about having your face ruined. Trust me. I've gotten extremely depressed about it. Mine was from having all 4 wisdom teeth removed. Over years after having them removed, my face became much, much less masculine. Eyes also became closer together and I ended up needing glasses and having bad vision. It sounds far fetched but it isn't. Removing wisdom teeth changes the structural support in the face, and the bones can recede when there's no longer any teeth there keeping them in place. Also known as "facial collapse."

Different causes, same results. I'll also say that I went through an even worse trauma with circumcision (male genital mutilation) and coming to terms with that. It's a lot. It really is.

Loss of sexual appeal/loss of ability to enjoy sex/etc. I could go on. A medication I was on causing severe premature ejaculation that I still have not recovered from a year after discontinuing it.

I'm saying this to let you know you're not alone. I'm in a very similar position. Some days are better than others and some days I am not even bothered about these things at all. There is a lot to the idea of getting stuck in your head. For some people it's grief over losing loved ones. The pain of loss can create a loop that replays over and over and over again every day and it's just torture.

From a psychological standpoint, I'd advise you to consider all this. There is plenty of hope for that. Let's play devil's advocate and say this is permanent -- then what? You can psychologically overcome this. I guarantee it.

One thing I'd advise is not talking about it with people. Simply don't. I've brought up issues I have about my looks/face/body etc. and sometimes people will be brutally honest. That is not good for you mentally. Also, if you play it off and genuinely act like you don't care, you'd be surprised how little of a difference it ends up making. The energy you project while walking around and talking to people when you hate yourself and are upset and in grief -- TOTALLY different from the energy you project when you're at peace with yourself and feel confident.

Don't focus so much on the external. And trust me, I know how it goes. Face changed for the worse, can't even have sex and even masturbating alone there is virtually no sensation at all. It's awful if I get stuck in it. But I've had plenty of days I haven't been stuck in it that have been great.

Hang in there dude! Seriously. Never give up on your ability to exercise control over your own mind and emotions. Even if our bodies are not doing what we want. Mind over matter. I really believe that. These days I keep my grief and struggles and anger completely to myself and do my best to project positivity in the world when I'm out and about around other people. It makes a huge difference.

Don't let it get to you. I'll say it again -- I know what it's like to deal with permanent changes and feeling like your looks and body are ruined for life. It's horrible. But don't let it ruin you. Don't let it get to you. It's a trap. A loop. Replaying bad thoughts and feelings. I promise you there is another way. In my own struggles I've seen it as an opportunity to grow spiritually and focus on my state of mind and the energy I'm putting out into the world, as opposed to obsessing about things I have no control over. I have literally attempted suicide over loneliness and hopelessness before as well so I know how hard the struggle can be.

Whatever happens you can not only cope with this but grow beyond it. I really believe that. Best of luck
My apologies for only getting back to you now. I whole heartedly appreciate you for sharing your personal story. It sounds like you are doing it tough also but staying very strong. I commend you for that. Im trying my best not to talk about it anymore to friends or family. Im going to counselling for this (amongst other matters aswell) for the 1st time this week so that should help but im going to do my best to look my best otherwise (without stressing at the same time).

OP
M

Mr.Tayto

Too anyone who is still interested. I found out what happened. It wasn't the progesterone or Dhea.

It was the pregnenlone. The pregnenolone i took was not processed correctly. Apparently when this happens it turns to estrogen. ******* estrogen!!!
My face is extremely slowly coming back to normal. My skull/hat size even shrunk and I lost some height even.

Under the guidance of a health professional who is highly regarded in the Ray Peat sphere I am taking thyroid to health reverse the changes. I am hoping to increase my metabolism also as this has been effected through all this bull****.

For the those wondering the product I took was from Biovea. Their Pregnenlone supplement. Stay away from these money grabbers.

miquelangeles

Too anyone who is still interested. I found out what happened. It wasn't the progesterone or Dhea.

It was the pregnenlone. The pregnenolone i took was not processed correctly. Apparently when this happens it turns to estrogen. ******* estrogen!!!
My face is extremely slowly coming back to normal. My skull/hat size even shrunk and I lost some height even.

Under the guidance of a health professional who is highly regarded in the Ray Peat sphere I am taking thyroid to health reverse the changes. I am hoping to increase my metabolism also as this has been effected through all this bull****.

For the those wondering the product I took was from Biovea. Their Pregnenlone supplement. Stay away from these money grabbers.

How was it processed and how did you find out? Did you take your old Biovea bottle to a lab?

OP
M

Mr.Tayto

I was told that when pregnenlone us processed poorly I.e. heated to too high a temperature it converts to estrogen or becomes estrogenic. No did not take the bottle to lab. I should have so I could sue the bastards.

miquelangeles

I was told that when pregnenlone us processed poorly I.e. heated to too high a temperature it converts to estrogen or becomes estrogenic. No did not take the bottle to lab. I should have so I could sue the bastards.
It was the capsules not the cream, right?

miquelangeles

Yes. The capsules. Why do you ask?
I am thinking that cream ingredients are often heated during manufacturing and like you said, it's entirely possible that new compounds are formed.
But I used the Biovea cream before with good results. And I have an unopened bottle of Biovea preg capsules that I never tried. I'll report back with my experience if I get to try it out.

OP
M

Mr.Tayto

I am thinking that cream ingredients are often heated during manufacturing and like you said, it's entirely possible that new compounds are formed.
But I used the Biovea cream before with good results. And I have an unopened bottle of Biovea preg capsules that I never tried. I'll report back with my experience if I get to try it out.
Sounds good. Please do if you do.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals