Pregnenolone

Phiah

Hi everyone
I have recently started supplementing with pregnenolone-mainly to help with pms issues that I’ve suffered with now for around 6 years and although I think it’s helping I am suffering a few breakouts on my face and neck, not exactly acne but small spotsand also a very itchy bumpy scalp-has anyone experienced anything like this? I am dosing 100mg a day but thinking maybe should reduce it to 50mg. Any advice would be really appreciated

peateats1

I'm having this same issue(not on the scalp though) taking around 75mg per day. Not sure why it does this, because overall it's improving my mood and energy levels and seems to be a good thing other than the acne.

OP
Phiah

Phiah

Thanks for your input, I actually think my scalp and jawline are where it’s affected the most-I don’t want to stop taking it altogether as my pms symptoms are nowhere near as severe as they normally are but I feel so itchy!

yoshiesque

I'm taking 2grams a day and notice nothing. Could be the source of ur pregnenolone. Or u may be better of trying progesterone.

OP
Phiah

Phiah

I’ve tried a couple of different sources and still the same issue, also have tried progesterone and that made no difference to pms symptoms at all-I think I will just drop the dose and see if makes any difference

yoshiesque

Pregnenolone from health natura. Keep in mind guys ray peat once said he took 3 to 4g of preg for like a year back in Mexico. He had a kg of it purchased. I assume it was high quality pregnenolone

yoshiesque

I’ve tried a couple of different sources and still the same issue, also have tried progesterone and that made no difference to pms symptoms at all-I think I will just drop the dose and see if makes any difference
Where are u getting ur pregnenolone from?

OP
Phiah

Phiah

Where are u getting ur pregnenolone from?
I was using a brand called life extension, then the Swanson brand-haven’t been able to take any for the last week as my scalp is covered in itchy bumps, literally everywhere on my head-have no idea why this has happened-any thoughts?

lampofred

Are you exposed to any radiation? Lots of WiFi, cell phones, etc.?

baccheion

What other supplements are you taking? Any fat-solubles, vitamin C, etc?

Pregnenolone can initially be estrogenic, but should eventually bias toward progesterone (anti-acne).

Can you find pictures online that are similar to what you have? It could be hives (excess immune reaction).

OP
Phiah

Phiah

House has WiFi and I have a phone-but I’ve had these for many years-literally a week after taking pregnenolone I started getting the odd spot but now my neck, jawline and scalp have loads-the itchiness is driving me mad!!

OP
Phiah

Phiah

Pregnenolone can initially be estrogenic, but should eventually bias toward progesterone (anti-acne).
No other supplements-eat mostly healthy (Monday to Friday) I do smoke, drink only at weekends-I haven’t made any other changes recently apart from the pregnenolone

OP
Phiah

Phiah

Can you find pictures online that are similar to what you have? It could be hives (excess immune reaction).
It actually does look like hives not acne

baccheion

No other supplements-eat mostly healthy (Monday to Friday) I do smoke, drink only at weekends-I haven’t made any other changes recently apart from the pregnenolone
Then add a comprehensive nutrient stack (ie, quality multivitamin + D & K + (chelated/TRAACS) magnesium) or something.

Hives indicate an overactive immune system. Maybe pregnenolone revved something up.

OP
Phiah

Phiah

Then add a comprehensive nutrient stack (ie, quality multivitamin + D & K + (chelated/TRAACS) magnesium) or something.

Hives indicate an overactive immune system. Maybe pregnenolone revved something up.
Thing is I haven’t taken any pregnenolone for about a week yet still have these hives appearing-even in the last half hour the back of my neck is covered with bumps

baccheion

Thing is I haven’t taken any pregnenolone for about a week yet still have these hives appearing-even in the last half hour the back of my neck is covered with bumps
See the nutrient stack comment. Vitamin D3 (50-100 IU/kg) would help if they are in fact hives.

Maybe something was triggered. You could always see a doctor if worried.

OP
Phiah

Phiah

See the nutrient stack comment. Vitamin D3 (50-100 IU/kg) would help if they are in fact hives.

Maybe something was triggered. You could always see a doctor if worried.
Thanks will try that, if they haven’t gone by the end of the week will pop to the doctors and see if it’s maybe worth having some blood tests done

yoshiesque

Could be allergies from the filler ingredients in the capsules. Always a good idea to check daily body Temps to see what's going on. Not sure but maybe an antihistamine could work.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals