Low CO2, High Hematocrit, RBC and Hemoglobin, ALP Increasing - Need help - Pretty Exhausted

MountainMouse

I crashed over a year ago and right around that time my blood work went haywire. I have definitely been hypothyroid (adrenaline) my entire life but now I’m debilitated with fatigue, anxiety, insomnia. I am on thyroid and it is starting to help (labs were normal but waking temp was 96.5, so I’ve been adjusting according to temp/pulse) - also taking 300mg thiamine and that is helping to not feel as hypoxic. When I crash I feel like I can’t breathe, get nerve pain and get anxiety/overwhelm - my temps are always dropped when I crash. Thyroid has been helping immensely. It seems like aspirin lowers my temp, same with too much magnesium.

I went to a hemotologist and he tested for Polycythemia Vera but said I do not have the genes. His solution is to continue blood letting me but I’m not sure about that because the red blood cells just go back up and it tanks my iron. My Co2 is often low or can be below range but creeping up with thyroid.

My ALP keeps increasing each lab (was in the 60’s three years ago). Also my free Testosterone is low but sex drive is fine.

I’m pretty scared, any ideas what is going on? As I keep my temps up, will everything fall into place or any ideas? Is blood letting a good/bad idea?

My diet is: 350g carbs, 150 protein, 120 fat. 6’5 - 230.

Supplements:
300mg b1
20mg b2
200mg b3
100mg b5
5mg b6
5mg b7
2000mg taurine
Vit a, d, k and e topically.

Attachments

• IMG_2207.jpeg
    IMG_2207.jpeg
    299 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
OP
M

MountainMouse

I crashed over a year ago and right around that time my blood work went haywire. I have definitely been hypothyroid (adrenaline) my entire life but now I’m debilitated with fatigue, anxiety, insomnia. I am on thyroid and it is starting to help (labs were normal but waking temp was 96.5, so I’ve been adjusting according to temp/pulse) - also taking 300mg thiamine and that is helping to not feel as hypoxic. When I crash I feel like I can’t breathe, get nerve pain and get anxiety/overwhelm - my temps are always dropped when I crash. Thyroid has been helping immensely. It seems like aspirin lowers my temp, same with too much magnesium.

I went to a hemotologist and he tested for Polycythemia Vera but said I do not have the genes. His solution is to continue blood letting me but I’m not sure about that because the red blood cells just go back up and it tanks my iron. My Co2 is often low or can be below range but creeping up with thyroid.

My ALP keeps increasing each lab (was in the 60’s three years ago). Also my free Testosterone is low but sex drive is fine.

I’m pretty scared, any ideas what is going on? As I keep my temps up, will everything fall into place or any ideas? Is blood letting a good/bad idea?

Supplements:
300mg b1
20mg b2
200mg b3
100mg b5
5mg b6
5mg b7
2000mg taurine
@Hans - Would you mind sharing your thoughts?

bruschi11

The b1 is getting you to nadph allowing gluth recycling. But if you keep up with just b vitmains no minerals you’re gonna bombard yourself with reductive stress.

Those are all pretty high b vitamin doses. Doesn’t seem like it to average person but I don’t think it’s necessary to go that high .

You need to make histidine to get hemoglobin working. That should be step one. NAD, zinc manganese should be good for that.

Fixing a system like this is a lot more complicated than I can write here. I’m very sick myself and I’m not one to reach out. But we have similar issues.. my breathing got severely bad and I have those similar markers you mention.

If you’re interested in talking pm me.

OP
M

MountainMouse

What's your total cholesterol looking like?
See attached. Thanks!

This was a few months ago, would be interesting to see what thyroid has done to improve it.

Attachments

• IMG_2212.png
    IMG_2212.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

PeterSN

See attached. Thanks!

This was a few months ago, would be interesting to see what thyroid has done to improve it.
Wow your cholesterol levels are really good and safe for thyroid. Although it could also signify stress/acute liver inflammation or injury, has your cholesterol always been this high, or has it naturally been a lower number?

OP
M

MountainMouse

Wow your cholesterol levels are really good and safe for thyroid. Although it could also signify stress/acute liver inflammation or injury, has your cholesterol always been this high, or has it naturally been a lower number?
It was always 220 and triglycerides were low, then when I crashed it skyrocketed and has been sorta coming back down.

I am a little concerned about my liver but don’t know what more to do. Are there other tests that would show liver function better?

PeterSN

I'm actually not too concerned about your liver, if it was in danger you'd probably see a fall in your cholesterol and enzymes, but here it's the exact opposite. How hydrated were you before taking these blood tests?

OP
M

MountainMouse

I'm actually not too concerned about your liver, if it was in danger you'd probably see a fall in your cholesterol and enzymes, but here it's the exact opposite. How hydrated were you before taking these blood tests?
Not hydrated really at all as I was fasting but even when I’m hydrated, my RBC panel is the same.

I guess my main question is, is it worth blood letting to thin my blood a bit or do I run the risk of taking my iron too low? The hemotologist had zero concerns about taking my iron too low and wanted me to take out 500cc’s every 3 weeks. I was semi doing his plan doing it once a month earlier this year - but I was a mess then as I wasn’t on thyroid - I’m much stronger now.

If I did it, I’d take out like 200cc’s every 2 weeks.

Appreciate the help.

Last edited:

PeterSN

Not hydrated really at all as I was fasting but even when I’m hydrated, my RBC panel is the same.

I guess my main question is, is it worth blood letting to thin my blood a bit or do I run the risk of taking my iron too low? The hemotologist had zero concerns about taking my iron too low and wanted me to take out 500cc’s every 3 weeks. If I did it, I’d take out like 200cc’s every 2 weeks.

Appreciate the help.
Yeah it's really difficult to say, because I'm not sure what's causing your high RBC and high hemocrit levels, do you have any health symptoms at the moment that are out of the ordinary?

mrsmith

Supplements:
300mg b1
20mg b2
200mg b3
100mg b5
5mg b6
5mg b7
2000mg taurine
Sleep Apnea?

OP
M

MountainMouse

Sleep Apnea?
Good idea - that’s what I thought too. Sleep apnea test was negative. Although I felt hypoxic 24/7 until I started taking thyroid and b1. Maybe RBC’s come down as I’m on thyroid longer.

I’m thinking of doing one blood let then re-checking in a month to see where everything is at.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals