Need help – Stress, HB A1c, High Lymphocytes, Low Libido

Aby_2021

First of all – apologies for the long intro and details

I have been gradually moving towards Peat-friendly lifestyle since 2019. I have significantly cut-down my PUFA intake, and increased consumption of egg, milk, fish, red meat, cheese, butter, carrots, Ghee and Coconut Oil.

I am 37 yo male, and I have had a stressful background – divorced parents, difficult relationships and demanding work – although I have been slowly improving in this area since 2019, still have room for improvement.

I used to do CrossFit around 3 times per week up until 2 months ago, and I think it was making my stress much worse. So I stopped that and already feeling much better

Current Symptoms:
  • Low Libido – This has slightly improved, probably because of reduced prolactin
  • Mild Hair Loss
  • Premature Ejaculation
  • Occasional Erectile Dysfunction
  • Difficulty in gaining muscle mass, and shedding belly fat
  • Brain Fog – although getting better
  • Acne – used to be terrible, but still have breakouts every now and then
Supplements:

I have been using these supplements for last 6 months or so
  • Vitamin A – 8000 iu per day
  • Zinc – 50 mg per day
  • Vitamin B3 – 500 – 1000mg per day
  • Vitamin D3 – around 5000 iu per day (to build immunity against Covid 19)
  • Vitamin E – 400 iu per day – to keep PUFA in check
  • Thyroid – see concerns section for details
  • Pregnanolone 25mg + DHEA 5 mg per day – stopped since March 2021
  • Vitamin K2 – 5mg per day
  • Occasional Aspirin
  • Occasional Ascorbyl Palmitate
Blood Work Concerns – please see attached report:

Prolactin
was 1141 mU/L on March 15, 2021 and 718 mU/L on 6 Nov 2018. Current level is 256 mIU/L

I have been taking Vitamin B6, Phosphatidylserine and Ashwaganda, beside working on my stress levels – these might’ve helped to bring down the Prolactin level

Vitamin B12 was 1052 ng/L on March 15, 2021, and current level is 1237 pg/mL

I was taking Thorne Vitamins B Complex supplement, and I stopped that since March, but still the current level is even higher

Total White Cell Count was 10.7 on March 15, 2021, and is 9.43 in recent results

Lymphocyte count was 5.2 in March 2021, and has now reduced to 4.08

Eosinophil count was 0.5 in March 2021, and is at 0.51 in recent results

Cholesterol / HDL ratio was 5.1 mmol/L white Serum Cholesterol was 6.1 mmol/L in March 2021.

Creatinine was 63 umol / L – slightly on the lower side

HB A1c (IFCC) is 39 in current results, and it was 39 in March 2021. Does this show poor glucose regulation?

Cortisol is normal – even though I expected it to be much higher. Could this be because of Phosphatidylserine and Ashwaganda supplementation?
Free T4 level – is this a concern?
Free Serum T4 is 11.6 now, and it was 14.2 back in March 2021.
I started taking Thyroid Supplementation (Cynomel & Cynoplus) in March because of cold hands & feet, and lack of energy
Cynomel – 1 tablet divided in 4/5 doses throughout the day
Cynoplus – Between one third and one fourth tablet before bed
I stopped taking these 1 week before the blood work, could this be the reason for low T4?

I really need help with the above symptoms, and recent blood results particularly around Lymphocyte, B12, HB A1c, Creatinine, Free T4, Libido, Stress and PE. I know its a lot to ask but can someone please advise me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

@haidut @Hans

Attachments

• Blood Results4.pdf
    279.2 KB · Views: 21

S-VV

High b12 can be bacterial overgrowth
High lymphocyte count despite high stress could mean a chronic infection or a potential myeloproliferative disease
Low creatinine ??? If you recently have stopped doing crosssfit, your kidneys may have been overadapted to higher levels of circulating creatinine resulting from strenuous exercise

Ashwaghanda can be serotonergic and lower libido
Premature eyaculation usually results from too much sympathetic drive or hypersensitive nerve endings

OP
A

Aby_2021

High b12 can be bacterial overgrowth
High lymphocyte count despite high stress could mean a chronic infection or a potential myeloproliferative disease
Low creatinine ??? If you recently have stopped doing crosssfit, your kidneys may have been overadapted to higher levels of circulating creatinine resulting from strenuous exercise

Ashwaghanda can be serotonergic and lower libido
Premature eyaculation usually results from too much sympathetic drive or hypersensitive nerve endings
Thank you very much, this is massively helpful. I have few follow ups

I had a feeling that B12 could be due to gut infection / gut bacterial overgrowth, and therefore I started to use this stack suggested by @Hans on this group. Its been 2 days and I already see improvement in bloating and digestion. Is there anything else I should consider around Bacterial overgrowth?

Re Lymphocyte count, is there anything I can do to bring this down? I am already working on the stress levels, and Cortisol is in normal range as well. what else do you suggest?

I'll recheck the Creatinine levels in few days to confirm if this was due to excessive training

What can I do to confirm if sympathetic overdrive or hypersensitive nerve endings is causing PE, and how can I fix that?
@haidut suggested Buspar for PE on one of the threads, would his help with sympathetic overdrive and hyper nerve endings?

Thanks again

S-VV

Thank you very much, this is massively helpful. I have few follow ups

I had a feeling that B12 could be due to gut infection / gut bacterial overgrowth, and therefore I started to use this stack suggested by @Hans on this group. Its been 2 days and I already see improvement in bloating and digestion. Is there anything else I should consider around Bacterial overgrowth?

Re Lymphocyte count, is there anything I can do to bring this down? I am already working on the stress levels, and Cortisol is in normal range as well. what else do you suggest?

I'll recheck the Creatinine levels in few days to confirm if this was due to excessive training

What can I do to confirm if sympathetic overdrive or hypersensitive nerve endings is causing PE, and how can I fix that?
@haidut suggested Buspar for PE on one of the threads, would his help with sympathetic overdrive and hyper nerve endings?

Thanks again
For sympathetic over activation a sympatholytic drug like clonidine would be helpful in establishing a possible cause, but I wouldnt use it as treatment. Certain pelvic floor exercises and maneuvers can increase or decrease the time to ejaculation, but I cant remember the exact ones. I think its in a site called PEgym or something. I dont know enough about buspar pharmacology to know if its safe or effective. Its an anxiolytic so in theory it could be helpful. If anything else fails just do a complicated mental task like an integral, ive had to use that several times many moons ago, no shame in it :)

With elevated white blood cells, the best course would be to go to a doctor to rule out a chronic latent infection before trying to supress the lymphocyte count. After that, if no infection is found some safe anti inflammatories like aspririn, pentoxyfiline, ketotifen could be helpful.

For bacterial overgrowth the key is to establish and maintain good gut motility. Ray likes cascara and magnesium is also a safe osmotic laxative. Eliminating or reducing starch is helpful for many people with bacterial overgrowth.

OP
A

Aby_2021

For sympathetic over activation a sympatholytic drug like clonidine would be helpful in establishing a possible cause, but I wouldnt use it as treatment. Certain pelvic floor exercises and maneuvers can increase or decrease the time to ejaculation, but I cant remember the exact ones. I think its in a site called PEgym or something. I dont know enough about buspar pharmacology to know if its safe or effective. Its an anxiolytic so in theory it could be helpful. If anything else fails just do a complicated mental task like an integral, ive had to use that several times many moons ago, no shame in it :)

With elevated white blood cells, the best course would be to go to a doctor to rule out a chronic latent infection before trying to supress the lymphocyte count. After that, if no infection is found some safe anti inflammatories like aspririn, pentoxyfiline, ketotifen could be helpful.

For bacterial overgrowth the key is to establish and maintain good gut motility. Ray likes cascara and magnesium is also a safe osmotic laxative. Eliminating or reducing starch is helpful for many people with bacterial overgrowth.
Thank you very much, this is super helpful

I will investigate further re Clonidine and pelvic floor exercises.

On latent infection, what's the best way to confirm this? Are there any tests? And could this be the cause behind Acne as well?

What's the best form of Magnesium? Is Glycinate any good?

Lastly do you have any suggestions on Brain Fog and hair loss?

Thanks again

drwill

Phosphatydl serine will lower your cortisol... but you will still feel stressed emotionally.

I don’t know if los creatinine is a thing. Mine was 25 times higher than yours when I was lifting heavily.

Btw, CrossFit can be too intense, but you should still do something to maintain some level of fitness.

Good luck!

Ct23

I'm about to commence niacinamide as per hans stack because i have read it improves digestion and potentially may resolve coated tongue.

OP
A

Aby_2021

Phosphatydl serine will lower your cortisol... but you will still feel stressed emotionally.

I don’t know if los creatinine is a thing. Mine was 25 times higher than yours when I was lifting heavily.

Btw, CrossFit can be too intense, but you should still do something to maintain some level of fitness.

Good luck!
Thanks very much, interesting point about Phosphatydl serine, I didn't know this even though that's how I've been feeling despite having normal blood cortisol level. Can you share some research on this?

I wanted to give gym a break - now planning to resume some weights and resistance training from next week . I am not sure if low creatinine matters either, but this was highlighted in my bloodwork so wanted to clarify if I need to address this

Thanks again for your advice

OP
A

Aby_2021

I'm about to commence niacinamide as per hans stack because i have read it improves digestion and potentially may resolve coated tongue.
Niacinamide does wonders for digestion, and also for inflammation anywhere in the body.

Trying adding Taurine, Curcumin (Turmeric) and coconut, oil and you'll be amazed with the results.

I used Hans' stack for few days - and my digestion is significantly better. I also feel less bloated now. Going forward I plan to continue with Niacin, Curcumin, Coconut oil, and Taruine for some time.

Good luck with your journey

Ct23

I also have elevated serum b12 and have heard it could be caused by catabolic state/muscle breakdown. I'm yet to explore this possibility but plan to investigate increasing carbs/calories etc to see whether this has any effect.

OP
A

Aby_2021

I also have elevated serum b12 and have heard it could be caused by catabolic state/muscle breakdown. I'm yet to explore this possibility but plan to investigate increasing carbs/calories etc to see whether this has any effect.
Here what Danny Roddy had to say about elevated B12

"B12 level when a person isn't taking a supplement can mean there's an infection. Serotonin produced from an irritated intestine can also increase the prolactin level."

So digestive issues and elevated B12, could be due to gut infection or any other latent infection

rayban

Same thing, high lymphocites and low neutrophils for many years now, as well as the white tongue, and I also have tartar buildup easily on the same teeth. Not sure if I have tartar under the gumline. Did you find anything yet? @Aby_2021

OP
A

Aby_2021

@rayban - see this post from @Hans on how he fixed digestion/white tongue. I found it super useful

I am feeling much better since I started this thread. I had multiple issues including chronic stress, endotoxins, high prolactin, low libido and HBA1c

Libido was mostly anxiety / stress related, so its significantly improved now, but I think I can further improve in this area. I also found tribulus terrestris quite useful for libido, and solid erections.

Stress: I used phosphatidylserine and made a lot of lifestyle/behavioral changes to counter stress. I moved outside of London to a much greener /calmer place, which really helped. I have changed my job which was a big source of stress at the time. So overall I am feeling much better stress-wise

Digestion/Endotoxins: I initially applied Hans's suggestions mentioned above. I also found steamed carrots, Berberine, Niacinamide, Turmeric and Aspirin to be super useful for endotoxins, digestion and most importantly glucose regulation. So I have been using these quite regularly over last year or so.

Prolactin: Vitamin b6 and Zinc made the biggest difference for me. Additionally lowering stress was also useful in bringing prolactin down.

Lastly I have been using topical Vitamin e, vitamin d3, DHEA and Vitamin K2 instead of oral

Hope this helps!

rayban

@rayban - see this post from @Hans on how he fixed digestion/white tongue. I found it super useful

I am feeling much better since I started this thread. I had multiple issues including chronic stress, endotoxins, high prolactin, low libido and HBA1c

Libido was mostly anxiety / stress related, so its significantly improved now, but I think I can further improve in this area. I also found tribulus terrestris quite useful for libido, and solid erections.

Stress: I used phosphatidylserine and made a lot of lifestyle/behavioral changes to counter stress. I moved outside of London to a much greener /calmer place, which really helped. I have changed my job which was a big source of stress at the time. So overall I am feeling much better stress-wise

Digestion/Endotoxins: I initially applied Hans's suggestions mentioned above. I also found steamed carrots, Berberine, Niacinamide, Turmeric and Aspirin to be super useful for endotoxins, digestion and most importantly glucose regulation. So I have been using these quite regularly over last year or so.

Prolactin: Vitamin b6 and Zinc made the biggest difference for me. Additionally lowering stress was also useful in bringing prolactin down.

Lastly I have been using topical Vitamin e, vitamin d3, DHEA and Vitamin K2 instead of oral

Hope this helps!
Yeah my prolactin was high too on latest test.
How do you measure endoxotin levels? and how does one take aspirin in a way that makes sense? (not overdoing it and what does aspirin interact it to consider checking stuff on the lab)

OP
A

Aby_2021

I am not sure about measuring Endotoxins, however my Lymphocytes and B12 levels became normal since I started carrots, Berberine, Niacinamide, Turmeric and Aspirin. Therefore I believe these helped with endotoxins, and digestive track inflammation most likely

I take Aspirin for its anti estrogenic affects, blood glucose regulation and to reduce inflammation. I've been taking one 300mg tablet 3 to 4 times per week.

Yeah my prolactin was high too on latest test.
How do you measure endoxotin levels? and how does one take aspirin in a way that makes sense? (not overdoing it and what does aspirin interact it to consider checking stuff on the lab)

rayban

I am not sure about measuring Endotoxins, however my Lymphocytes and B12 levels became normal since I started carrots, Berberine, Niacinamide, Turmeric and Aspirin. Therefore I believe these helped with endotoxins, and digestive track inflammation most likely

I take Aspirin for its anti estrogenic affects, blood glucose regulation and to reduce inflammation. I've been taking one 300mg tablet 3 to 4 times per week.

Im hypothyroid so I wonder if I need an higher t4 dose before trying anything else.
I tried raw carrots but they are too satiating and when im going to dinner im not as hungry.
How do you take all that stuff? whenever someone mentions some stack, I wonder how they take it throught the day.
When you've used a lot of stuff + lifestyle changes it's difficult to say what actually made a change, it's one of those things.

OP
A

Aby_2021

I'm not an expert on thyroid, however its been mentioned by Haidut and other people that higher T4 could result in high RT3 levels, which is not what we want
So I'd look into T3 or some combination of t3/t4 instead of only t4.

Secondly perhaps think of spending some time to fix your digestion would help with quick digestion of carrots, milk and other peaty stuff. I found black cumin, flowers of sulfur, coconut oil, desiccated coconut, niacinamide, berberine and activated charcoal to be extremely useful. I got great results in 2 / 3 days with these substances with no side effects

I am not regularly using everything I mentioned above. I started focusing on one problem at a time, and added one ingredient at a time while closely observing the impact.

So may be start with digestion, as that ultimately impacts everything else, and then move on to prolactin, stress, etc.

Im hypothyroid so I wonder if I need an higher t4 dose before trying anything else.
I tried raw carrots but they are too satiating and when im going to dinner im not as hungry.
How do you take all that stuff? whenever someone mentions some stack, I wonder how they take it throught the day.
When you've used a lot of stuff + lifestyle changes it's difficult to say what actually made a change, it's one of those things.I'm bi

rayban

I'm not an expert on thyroid, however its been mentioned by Haidut and other people that higher T4 could result in high RT3 levels, which is not what we want
So I'd look into T3 or some combination of t3/t4 instead of only t4.

Secondly perhaps think of spending some time to fix your digestion would help with quick digestion of carrots, milk and other peaty stuff. I found black cumin, flowers of sulfur, coconut oil, desiccated coconut, niacinamide, berberine and activated charcoal to be extremely useful. I got great results in 2 / 3 days with these substances with no side effects

I am not regularly using everything I mentioned above. I started focusing on one problem at a time, and added one ingredient at a time while closely observing the impact.

So may be start with digestion, as that ultimately impacts everything else, and then move on to prolactin, stress, etc.
I have rt3 measured and it was on range. t4 to t3 ratio seems reasonable so I don't see t3 as necessary, and I can't even get t3 in my country anyway. Ordering NDT from some dodgy place where you get a random dosage is probably worse than just t4, unless I really needed t3 I would look for synthetic t3 some place.

Biochemical:
Fasting glycemia: 89 mg/100ml. Range: 70 - 115
Vitamin D (25-OH): 20.2 ng/ml. Range: 30-1 - 100
Vitamin D (1,25): 27 pg/ml. Range: 25 - 66 (in range but low)
Quantiative albumin: 4.2 g/100ml. Range: 3.80 - 5.10
Hormones:
IGF-1: 149 ng/ml. Range: 100.00 - 591.00
Estradiol (E2): 39 pgr/ml. Range in men: < 55
FSH: 2.36 mUI/ml. Range in men: 1 - 12
LH: 3.2 mUI/ml. Range in men: 1 - 7
Prolactin: 40.1 ngr/ml. Range: 2.50 - 16
Progesterone: <0.2 ng/ml. Range in men: 0.1 - 0.6
Total Tetosterone: 4.9 ng/ml. Range in men: 1.60 - 8.50
Free Testosterone: 11.2 pg/ml. Range: 6.60 - 42.50
DHT: 0.27. Range: 0.25 - 0.99
Dehidropiandrosterone: 13.9 ng/ml. Range: 1.40 - 13.50
Delta 4-Androstendione: 5.16 ng/ml. Range: 0.4 - 3.7
SHBG: 28.7 nmol/L. Range: 10.00 - 57.00
ACTH: 68.3 pgr/ml. Range: 7.00 - 63
Fasting cortisol (morning): 301.4 ng/ml. Range: 70.00 - 250
G.H: 1.97 mcg/l. Range: 0.00 - 5.00
Fasting insulin: 5.4 mcUI/ml. Range: 6 - 25
Fractionated Catecholamines:
Adrenalin: 49 pgr/ml. Range: 20 - 85
Noradrenalin: 434 pgr/ml. Range 0 - 420
Dopamin: 25 pgr/ml. Range 10 - 94
3α-Androstanediol glucuronide 7.1 ng/ml. Range: 3.50 - 22
IGFBP-3: (Insuling growing factor binding): 3.35 mcg/ml. Range: 0.9 - 4.7
Thyroids section:
PTH-i: 50.2 pgr/ml. Range: 18.5 - 88
Thyroglobulin: <1 ng/ml. Range: 1.9 - 59.9
Total T3: 1.02 ng/ml. Range: 0.65 - 1.6
Free T3: 6.1 pmol/L. Range 4 - 8.30
Reverse T3: 0.15 ng/ml. Range: 0.10 - 0.35
Total T4: 6.6 mcg/100ml. Range: 4.70 - 9.70
Free T4: 10.2 pg/ml. Range: 9 - 19.50
TSH: 4.17. mcUI/ml. Range: 0.25 - 5
Inmunology:
Antibodies anti-receptor of TSH (TSI): 0.82 mUI/ml. Range: 0.00 - 1.75
Antimicrosomal Antibody (TPO): 75.6 UI/ml. 0 - 12 UI/ml
Antibodies anti-thyroglobulin (TGL): 88.5 UI/ml. Range: 0 - 18
Lymphocites have been high as back as 2012 which is my first ever test, it was high but in range. In 2014 it was 4.3, now 4.6, so it seems it's been high for many years.

I have tartar on my teeth that builds up fast after cleaning and my gumline is red, im wondering if I have an infection in there under the gumline and I need xray to see what's under it and probably remove tartar buildup. And i've had TSH high ever since I got my first test and i've read high lymphocites happen with hypothyroidism. Im just hoping it's not something worse. The hashimoto antibodies have also been there since the begining.

OP
A

Aby_2021

I have rt3 measured and it was on range. t4 to t3 ratio seems reasonable so I don't see t3 as necessary, and I can't even get t3 in my country anyway. Ordering NDT from some dodgy place where you get a random dosage is probably worse than just t4, unless I really needed t3 I would look for synthetic t3 some place.

Lymphocites have been high as back as 2012 which is my first ever test, it was high but in range. In 2014 it was 4.3, now 4.6, so it seems it's been high for many years.

I have tartar on my teeth that builds up fast after cleaning and my gumline is red, im wondering if I have an infection in there under the gumline and I need xray to see what's under it and probably remove tartar buildup. And i've had TSH high ever since I got my first test and i've read high lymphocites happen with hypothyroidism. Im just hoping it's not something worse. The hashimoto antibodies have also been there since the begining.
I would focus on Vitamin D and prolactin levels. Fixing these two could significantly improve your symptoms

High lymphocytes could be due to latent infection, stress (you have high cortisol) or a potential myeloproliferative disease

rayban

I would focus on Vitamin D and prolactin levels. Fixing these two could significantly improve your symptoms

High lymphocytes could be due to latent infection, stress (you have high cortisol) or a potential myeloproliferative disease
So should I just jump off a tall building if it's the former

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals