Low Cholesterol, hypo symptoms

jomamma007

Hello,

I'm new here and have been lurking for a while and wanted to get some takes on my current situation.
I've had bad hypo symptoms for about 10-11 years now(am currently 30 year old male). I was an obese kid who went through puberty slowly from about 8-17, until I started obsessively working out. I've have cold hands & feet, hair falling out, dry skin, depressions, getting keyed up at night and hard time sleeping (all of these symptoms since about 2011), I have some uncommon symptoms of someone who is hypo such as Low cholesterol and no constipation (although while i was training 6 hours per day I did suffer this, but when I got too tired to workout anymore it went away).

Not knowing why I felt bad I experimented with many things along the way. I Initially was training as a professional athlete 3-6 hours per day but ran into many problems after 2-3 years which lead me to TRT for a year with no results, thyroid (2 grains with low cholesterol 116-119) for a year, hydrocortisone the following year for a year, keto/low carb for a year, and then carnivore for a year all getting minimal progress etc and likely worse. I haven't been able to workout since 2013, or enjoy life much at all with all these symptoms.

These last 10 months I've followed many peaty principles, although dairy and eggs still give me issues ( I used to be able to tolerate/live off them 10 years ago before my health failed) . Not digestive discomfort, but horrid sleep, fatigue, and mood issues. I think this combined with my low cholesterol would implicate an infection alongside being hypo. 2 months ago I cut out starches and increased fructose and feel better (especially mood), and got my total cholesterol up to 166. I am currently trying some penicillin vk ( 2 weeks at 250mgX2 day) to help with the suspected infection, but I don't think it's doing much although I've had days where I'll have many more bowel movements than normal despite diet being identical.

My temps and pulses are in the normal range currently, but I'm not sure if they are driven by stress considering all the symptoms I have, and the fact that in 2015 before first going on thyroid for a year (with low cholesterol), I had temps of 95.8-96.2 and a 50 pulse. I had no calcium in my diet at the time ( and for most of the last 10 years until these last 10 months) and was eating starch at every meal (oatmeal, brown rice, and bread). In fact I ate raw oatmeal for breakfast daily from about 2007-2017. I don't know why but I liked the taste, but that's just asking for an infection or intestinal inflammation. Sometimes when I was working out 6 hours per day (2013) I would binge an entire package of raw oatmeal (I'm talking 10 cups~3000 calories) in a day with a jar of almond butter and agave syrup.

I never felt better taking thyroid back in 2015, I actually felt worse because I was tired and wired all the time. I was also not doing any foundational things. I still have all the symptoms as I did back then, but to a lesser degree with constant feedings and many peat principles.

Anyways, while I'm working on the infection( thinking about trying Erythromycin next), I'm going to start a bit of cynoplus to see what happens. About 1/4 tablet and see where I'm at in 2 weeks. I'm going to get one more bloodwork for tsh, cholesterol, pth, prolactin, and vit D next week beforehand to make sure my cholesterol is high enough.

Here are my current bloods

1 month ago
PTH 24 (14-64)
Lactic Acid .7 (.4-1.8)
Phosphate 3.6 (2.5-4.5)
Prolactin 4.2 (2-18)
Iron Saturation H 54 (20-48)
Total cholesterol 166
HDL 44
Triglycerides 111
LDL 101 H
TSH 2.4
Reverse T3 19 (8-25)
Vitamin D, 25-OH 28 L (30-100)

2 months ago
CO2 26(21-33)
DHEA-S 104.6 L (160-449)
Estradiol 21 L (27-52)

Cortisol AM - 7.8 (4.8-19.5)
Testosterone 524
Progesterone .29 (<.48)
SHBG 56 H (16.5-55.9)
TSH 1.74
T4 Total 7.8 (4.5-11.7)
T3 Total 95 (80-200)

Based on my High Iron saturation % and high SHBG, it would make sense that my estrogen is high (I have some gynecomastia( came during puberty and never left completely) as well and have had prolactin above 11 in the past before peating). I see that my total T3 is very low, combined with a higher end range Reverse T3 and a TSH above 2 indicating hypothyroidism, but I don't know if Peat puts much emphasis on these labs. I asked him yesterday "How much weight do you put in the Total T3 labs as TSH can vary widely depending on many factors", and he replied "The effects of a certain amount of T3 in the blood vary according to variations in free fatty acids, so neither of them alone is enough to determine the dose needed."

The last bloodwork is from 2013 which was the first year I felt completely horrible although I had been feeling lousy for two years prior already. I was also on TRT, hence why FSH and LH are low, SHBG was within range because of the T Injections, and I was supplementing DHEA (which is why its in range as it was low before supplementing even back then). As you can see my bloods are fairly similar with high iron saturation %, low dhea, TSH above 2 etc now as they were back in 2013 so not much has changed apart from getting cholesterol up a bit and I have felt horrible for 8 years now. Even a simple walk will leave me exhausted.

Do you have any advice for someone in my position?

Thanks!

Attachments

• bloods 1.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
  • bloods 2.pdf
    135.2 KB · Views: 7
  • bloods 3.pdf
    157 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

gaze

did you get new labs? personally, i would make raising vitamin D the first goal. I think that will help with any potential intestinal infection. I can relate on the raw oatmeal, although technically it's not really raw since i'm assuming you ate rolled oats which are toasted. You could try selenium to see if it helps your t4 to t3 conversion

PeterSN

I'm wondering, when your cholesterol was under 120mg/dL, did you have anxiety symptoms like shortness of breath and panic attacks?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals