25mcg T3 Three Times Per Day - Grain Before Bed - only way to stay at 98.6

MountainMouse

Probably an adrenaline factory my whole life and hypo, got shingles and it messed up my nervous system really bad… basically thought I was dieing every day for 2 years… tried everything, found Peat and making progress:

I tapered up to 75mcg T3, 25 mcg three times per day with food, over months and got my temp to 98.4 in afternoon, 98 waking (was 96.5 waking initially 🥶). I added 1 grain at bedtime which really helped get me to sleep quicker. I’m still getting a little adrenaline at 4am but nothing like it was before thyroid. I know Peat likes physiological doses but this is the only thing that warms me up and helps me. I tried NDT and T3/T4 3:1 & 2:1, I feel like I need substantially more T3 than T4 due to the inflammation from the virus.

It seems like I have adrenaline/cortisol at 3am then I crash around 3pm, much better on thyroid but not healed yet.

My diet is: 350g carbs, 150 protein, 120 fat. 6’5 - 230.

Supplements:
100mg b1
20mg b2
200mg b3
100mg b5
5mg b6
5mg b7
2000mg taurine

DHEA and Preg give me stiff muscles or mess up my high/low cortisol morning wakeups.

Blood Tests that are off.
Cholesterol went high after virus
High RBC, Hematocrit, Hemoglobin
Low Co2 (although this seems way better - waiting for new tests).
Testosterone tanked but recovered on thyroid
Cortisol was really high but recovered on thyroid.
Blood Pressure 145/85

Any advice on how to sleep through the night and not wake up adrenalized at 3-4am? Anyone have similar experiences needed a lot of T3?

@ecstatichamster - I have read enough of your posts and think you might be able to help, mind weighing in on thyroid?

@FitnessMike - I know you thought you were dieing for a long time.

Thank you!

Last edited:

DennisX

And where is the RCT study that shows lower body temperature results in early mortality? There are none. This is another hoax.

mostlylurking

Probably an adrenaline factory my whole life and hypo, got shingles and it messed up my nervous system really bad… basically thought I was dieing every day for 2 years… tried everything, found Peat and making progress:

I tapered up to 75mcg T3, 25 mcg three times per day with food, over months and got my temp to 98.4 in afternoon, 98 waking (was 96.5 waking initially 🥶). I added 1 grain at bedtime which really helped get me to sleep quicker. I’m still getting a little adrenaline at 4am but nothing like it was before thyroid. I know Peat likes physiological doses but this is the only thing that warms me up and helps me. I tried NDT and T3/T4 3:1 & 2:1, I feel like I need substantially more T3 than T4 due to the inflammation from the virus.

It seems like I have adrenaline/cortisol at 3am then I crash around 3pm, much better on thyroid but not healed yet.

My diet is: 350g carbs, 150 protein, 120 fat. 6’5 - 230.

Supplements:
100mg b1
20mg b2
200mg b3
100mg b5
5mg b6
5mg b7
2000mg taurine

DHEA and Preg give me stiff muscles or mess up my high/low cortisol morning wakeups.

Blood Tests that are off.
Cholesterol went high after virus
High RBC, Hematocrit, Hemoglobin
Low Co2 (although this seems way better - waiting for new tests).
Testosterone tanked but recovered on thyroid
Cortisol was really high but recovered on thyroid.
Blood Pressure 145/85

Any advice on how to sleep through the night and not wake up adrenalized at 3-4am? Anyone have similar experiences needed a lot of T3?

@ecstatichamster - I have read enough of your posts and think you might be able to help, mind weighing in on thyroid?

@FitnessMike - I know you thought you were dieing for a long time.

Thank you!
suggested reading:

mostlylurking

Thiamine deficiency results in lactic acid being the end product for oxidative metabolism instead of carbon dioxide.
Cortisol was really high
Magnesium helps lower cortisol.
Any advice on how to sleep through the night and not wake up adrenalized at 3-4am?
Focus on getting your liver happy/healthy. Your liver is supposed to be able to store (and release) sugar as needed for 8 hours. When your blood sugar plummets in the middle of the night, adrenaline rises, if the liver can't release more sugar then cortisol is released to dissolve your muscles into sugar so you don't die.

If you wake up in the middle of the night, drink some orange juice with a pinch of salt or drink some milk with a little sugar in it. It will help you go back to sleep quickly.

The liver needs thiamine to function. All the body organs need thiamine to function, including the thyroid.

TheSir

Off-topic but could you elaborate on how shingles messed you up? I got destroyed by it badly last fall and some weird symptoms still remain, as well as elevated ferritin.

youngsinatra

I second the Magnesium.

Thyroid (esp. T3) + magnesium works like magic. (with adequate sodium/potassium/calcium of course)
Ray mentioned in one interview with Danny that takin thyroid by normalizing magnesium retention, slowed down his abnormally high metabolic rate.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHKWkqrYqAY&t=2834s

I personally feel weird from the magnesium glycinate chelate but oral Mg-malate or chloride is fine with RDA levels around 400mg.

Magnesium is needed for 42% of all known enzymatic reactions in the body. Also needed for B1 to convert into its active metabolite TPP.
It seems like your B vitamins supplementation miss folate and B12. Folate is needed to activate B1 aswell!
(https://n.neurology.org/content/folate-deficiency-neuropathy-and-indirect-thiamine-deficiency)

Last edited:
OP
M

MountainMouse

And where is the RCT study that shows lower body temperature results in early mortality? There are none. This is another hoax.
I only feel good when I’m warm. Otherwise my thoughts aren’t productive and I get body pain.

OP
M

MountainMouse

suggested reading:
Thank you! Do you have a specific brand of thiamine you like? I have tried many, some I can feel increased co2 pretty quickly, others I can’t. Thiamax works pretty fast but sold out.

OP
M

MountainMouse

I second the Magnesium.

Thyroid (esp. T3) + magnesium works like magic. (with adequate sodium/potassium/calcium of course)
Ray mentioned in one interview with Danny that takin thyroid by normalizing magnesium retention, slowed down his abnormally high metabolic rate.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHKWkqrYqAY&t=2834s

I personally feel weird from the magnesium glycinate chelate but oral Mg-malate or chloride is fine with RDA levels around 400mg.

Magnesium is needed for 42% of all known enzymatic reactions in the body. Also needed for B1 to convert into its active metabolite TPP.
It seems like your B vitamins supplementation miss folate and B12. Folate is needed to activate B1 aswell!
(https://n.neurology.org/content/folate-deficiency-neuropathy-and-indirect-thiamine-deficiency)

Good call on the B’s. Thank you! I’ll add in both. Have you ever tried making mag bicarbonate? Feel well on it?

OP
M

MountainMouse

Off-topic but could you elaborate on how shingles messed you up? I got destroyed by it badly last fall and some weird symptoms still remain, as well as elevated ferritin.
It was in my upper back and neck and I think the nerves got pretty messed up. Every time I would activate my muscles around the nerves, my body would semi panic. Honestly it has forever changed me - I have dysautonomia symptoms at times, sensitive to lights, fatigue, anxiety. What symptoms do you experience?

mostlylurking

Thank you! Do you have a specific brand of thiamine you like? I have tried many, some I can feel increased co2 pretty quickly, others I can’t. Thiamax works pretty fast but sold out.
Sorry to learn about Thiamax being sold out. Seems you can still get it in the UK, just not on Amazon. My husband takes Thiamax. I take thiamine hcl, 1 gram, 2Xday. It has a poor absorption rate so more is needed to compensate for that. I buy the pure bulk powder from either bulksupplements.com or purebulk.com (I've used both).

I was unable to use the TTFD type of thiamine because my glutathione was deficient (due to the stress of heavy metal poisoning), so I use the thiamine hcl instead. If you decide to go that way, make sure you take it with water, never with anything sweet as the sugar cancels the thiamine out. It's an acquired taste....

youngsinatra

Good call on the B’s. Thank you! I’ll add in both. Have you ever tried making mag bicarbonate? Feel well on it?
I have heard good things about, it also has good bioavailability. For me personally I find too alkalizing.

Thiactive B from the company Objective Nutrients has a good B complex.

Sefton10

It was in my upper back and neck and I think the nerves got pretty messed up. Every time I would activate my muscles around the nerves, my body would semi panic. Honestly it has forever changed me - I have dysautonomia symptoms at times, sensitive to lights, fatigue, anxiety. What symptoms do you experience?
Shingles destroyed me too @TheSir @MountainMouse

It ended up in my inner ear and left me with Ménière’s disease. Mainstream medicine says it’s idiopathic, but Ménière’s circles see herpes virus as a key cause. I can keep it under control with careful diet and things like lysine etc., but left with hearing loss and tinnitus, etc.

OP
M

MountainMouse

It ended up in my inner ear and left me with Ménière’s disease. Mainstream medicine says it’s idiopathic, but Ménière’s circles see herpes virus as a key cause. I can keep it under control with careful diet and things like lysine etc., but left with hearing loss and tinnitus, etc.
Sorry man, menieres seems terrible :(. I believe if you get your temp up, you can keep the symptoms at bay and improve. But I think you need 98 waking and 98.6 during the day. If I’m not on thyroid I can feel all the nerves affected pulse throughout the day. On thyroid, all of this stuff goes away.

OP
M

MountainMouse

Sorry to learn about Thiamax being sold out. Seems you can still get it in the UK, just not on Amazon. My husband takes Thiamax. I take thiamine hcl, 1 gram, 2Xday. It has a poor absorption rate so more is needed to compensate for that. I buy the pure bulk powder from either bulksupplements.com or purebulk.com (I've used both).

I was unable to use the TTFD type of thiamine because my glutathione was deficient (due to the stress of heavy metal poisoning), so I use the thiamine hcl instead. If you decide to go that way, make sure you take it with water, never with anything sweet as the sugar cancels the thiamine out. It's an acquired taste....
How did you know your glutathione was deficient? Mine showed low on a Dutch Test.

mostlylurking

I've no idea if it would help you but a friend of mine was able to get major relief from her shingles outbreak via a good acupuncture guy. It took a couple of treatments.

Also, I found this download you may find of interest:
imjournal.com/resources/web_pdfs/recent/0409_gaby.pdf

TheSir

Ah, sorry to hear. Sensitivity, fatigue and anxiety sounds relatable. For a few months after the outbreak, I had these fatigue spells where I suddenly became very weak and felt weird burning in my body. All I could do was lie down a while.

My legs ached like in a fever all the time. My skin would get sore at a random place in my body as a reaction to stress. I frequently felt like I was suffocating or could not catch a satisfying breath. Mentally, I often felt out of it, as if my brain was sick.

Basically any stimulation, be it movement, supplements or stress made all my symptoms worse. So I spent about six months on the couch doing crossword puzzles for the most part, only walking 5-10 minutes a day. Now, almost a year later, I'm finally starting to get where I was before the outbreak. I'm still sick due to other reasons, but getting better slowly and surely.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals