Horrendous Time On T3

Gl;itch.e

Gl;itch.e said:
Such_Saturation said:
Not often enough to say yes. All my A at present is likely to be coming from milk, cheese and the nutrisorb supplement.

I must say I enjoy liver and would hardly do without it, even just the feeling you get after eating it. I also thought of experimenting with bamboo or wheat bran.

Gl;itch.e

Such_Saturation said:
Gl;itch.e said:
Such_Saturation said:
Not often enough to say yes. All my A at present is likely to be coming from milk, cheese and the nutrisorb supplement.

I must say I enjoy liver and would hardly do without it, even just the feeling you get after eating it. I also thought of experimenting with bamboo or wheat bran.
Yeah liver is a funny one. The first time I tried liver I slept the best I have ever slept in years! But unfortunately it was only that one time. Every time after that I experienced no such sleep boosting qualities from liver.

ilovethesea

jaywills said:
I just wanted to share my experience on T3, and wondered if anybody else had experiences these side effects after supplementation/ has any suggestions so that i can continue to take t3.

Backgorund: I am a 12stone male, 5 ft 9. Carrying some muscle mass. I have been on T3 for to weeks, but discontinued this morning. My dose has been 25mcg spread accross the day in 5mcg servings. On some days i have gone as high as 40mcg of T3, but has been infrequent over the 2 weeks.
I also take Levoythyroxine (t4), and in the morning combined 5mcg of T3 with around 60mcg of T4. I have also been consuimg around 3000 calories, 130g P, 40g fat (saturated) and around 500g carbs. (fructose, sucrose and starch but predominatnely fructose in the form of fruits).
Previously to supplementing T3, i felt really well. Temps were high. But pulse was low and i was gaining fat rapidly on a low amount of cals. So i decided to supplement T3 to raise my pulse and shift some fat.

Experience: The first few days I felt really good, but since then, i have been plagued with Hypo symptoms. My temp has decreased, serious brain fog, lethargy and muscle weakness has all set in. My sleep has been poor - waking up in the middle of the night. Many vivid dreams and nightmares. Since yesterday i have had severe stomach cramps and constant Diarrhea. Last night i woke up around 5 times to go to the toilet, and my stomach is extremly sensitive today. I have thus decided to discotninue t3 until i recieve some responses here and thus i havent taken any today.

Is there any hope for me with T3? Will these symptoms dissapear if i continue dosing? Is my dosing too high/low? What about my calories?

I also came accross this: http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/ad ... -cortisol/. Could low cortisol be a reason?

T3 dosing can be pretty rough at first. I went from taking Cynoplus to a Cynoplus/Cytomel combination - I kept the T3 amount the same, but reduced the T4 so I was only taking 1/2 a Cynoplus at night and the rest of the T3 in tiny daytime doses. The first couple months I had bad adrenaline symptoms, but those have gone away and now I really like this regimen. I feel my body is using more active thyroid hormone now, and too much T4 can be anti-thyroid.

I think you might have had an easier time if you didn't take so much T3 right off the bat. 25mcg is a lot - 1 grain of thyroid only has 8mcg of T3. I think it was overly optimistic to throw so much T3 at your body right away. I would only increase it in the same way Broda Barnes advised increasing NDT - by 1 grain every 2 months.

Also you might think about smaller doses. When I had adrenaline problems, instead of the 1/6 Cytomel dose (4mcg) I would do 1/8. Or you could go even smaller if your body is really sensitive to it, Ray has said 1mcg.

I found sugar also really helped, I was not eating near enough of it before. I aim for 1 cup of white sugar per day.

OP
J

jaywills

ilovethesea (so do i coincidentally) but i think you are spot on. I was deffinately having high adrenaline issues such as nightmares and vivid dreams. Maybe my next step is to reduce T4, and introduce T3 again slowly. I dont think a dietary fix (i.e more sugar) would help, as i was probably taking too much T3 for my bodies capabilities at that time.

My question now is, would it be detrimental to take such low doses of T3?

I have heard on numerous occasions that taking t3, downregulates your own thyroid gland (to be returned upon ceasation of medication). But if the bodies produces 4mcg of T3 per hour, wouldnt taking 1/2/3mcg doses leave me with essentially lower T3 than if i was not supplementing. Or alternatively, is the 4mcg of T3 produced only by a 'healthy' thyroid gland and person, and i do not fit that catagory i.e low pulse and hypi symptoms?

OP
J

jaywills

Essentially what I am asking is: is there a supplemental t3 dose that leaves your body with less t3?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals