Sleep Suffering - Protein Cut Off Time? Meals into the night if overweight?

Here is my newest recipe thread @MountainMouse

OP
M

MountainMouse

I am 6'2/225. Somewhere around 12-13% body fat. Walk 3 miles a day + 3 times a week boxing training sessions + weekend sparrings. Once a week short/ heavy lifting sessions. Generally, no more than 30 mins. Is that active? Not sure.

1.5 cups of 2%milk with 3 heaping teaspoon of white sugar first thing in the morning. Morning 3 miles walk. First coffee with milk and sugar (same amount). Lunch at noon. Raw carrot + 2 whole eggs + 100g of wild shrimp, all fried in generous amount of hydrogenated coconut oil + 2 cups of orange juice. 2 PM second coffee with milk and sugar. 4 PM A cup of orange juice + some sort of hard cheese. Usually parmesan. 5:30 PM Coffee with milk and sugar. Training session. 7 PM 100g shrimp fried in coconut oil + 1 cup of orange juice. 9 PM 2 cups of milk with sugar. 11 PM 1 - 2 cups of milk with sugar or cheese with orange juice. Something like that...
I alternate wild shrimp with steamed warm water lobster tails. Beef liver once a week. Not much muscle meat, if at all. Boiled chicken drumsticks once in a blue moon. I remove skin and skim fat. Oysters or mussels once or twice a week.

I know, not much variety, but I am happy with what I have.
Right on. I really appreciate you breaking this down. It looks great. I can’t drink milk yet, it messes up my stomach. Do you mind telling me the brand of the water lobster tails and shrimp? I’d love to order both. Thank you again!!

OP
M

MountainMouse

Here is my newest recipe thread @MountainMouse

Thank you! Added to Home Screen, excited to see more!!

Lydie Baillie

Awesome thread. Insomnia is a bummer to deal with.
I have also found eating a potato in the evening helps me go to sleep at night and stay asleep. I used to skip eating in the evening at all because I don't get hungry, but that gave me insomnia big time. So after much researching online, I now have something about 3-4 hours before bed and by bedtime, I'm drowsy. Works a charm. I make it simple though and just boil one potato and eat it hot with a sprinkle of salt. Eating a portion of canteloupe melon or an apple has also worked for me.

Awesome thread. Insomnia is a bummer to deal with.
I have also found eating a potato in the evening helps me go to sleep at night and stay asleep. I used to skip eating in the evening at all because I don't get hungry, but that gave me insomnia big time. So after much researching online, I now have something about 3-4 hours before bed and by bedtime, I'm drowsy. Works a charm. I make it simple though and just boil one potato and eat it hot with a sprinkle of salt. Eating a portion of canteloupe melon or an apple has also worked for me.
Fruit does not work for me, but I have heard kiwi in particular is on top lists for promoting sleep.

OLLNX

Right on. I really appreciate you breaking this down. It looks great. I can’t drink milk yet, it messes up my stomach. Do you mind telling me the brand of the water lobster tails and shrimp? I’d love to order both. Thank you again!!
Some time ago I could not drink even 20 grams of milk. It would produce bloating and diarrhea. Now I can handle up to 2 cups at a time without any digestive issues. Took me a while though.
Shrimp and lobster tails come from Costco. I usually buy a whole box of frozen warm water lobster tails. Lasts for some time. 10 lbs/ $230. They come from Honduras, I think. Frozen wild caught shrimp from Argentina and Mexico..

OP
M

MountainMouse

Some time ago I could not drink even 20 grams of milk. It would produce bloating and diarrhea. Now I can handle up to 2 cups at a time without any digestive issues. Took me a while though.
Shrimp and lobster tails come from Costco. I usually buy a whole box of frozen warm water lobster tails. Lasts for some time. 10 lbs/ $230. They come from Honduras, I think. Frozen wild caught shrimp from Argentina and Mexico..
Thank you!! How did you get your milk tolerance up and what type of milk do you drink?

OP
M

MountainMouse

You got this! Report your progress, I love experimentation.
Update: Same as day before, cut off protein at 330, potato meal at 7. Woke up once and had cheese/honey - slept until 6 with a little wakeup but not the overblown adrenaline response.

I’m really excited as I feel like I can heal now.

OLLNX

Thank you!! How did you get your milk tolerance up and what type of milk do you drink?
I did substitute it with hard cheese and started from a very low dose 10 ml/2-3 times daily. Increasing it gradually over time (rather long time). What I found is that it directly depends on the condition of your small intestine (Ray Peat was correct IMO). Most people have some sort of SIBO, due to hypothyroid state. Again, it could be some other variables involved, but, I think, hypothyroidism is the main reason.
I order my raw milk from one of the amish farms in PA. Then take off some of the fat, making it around 2%. Sometimes I buy organic reduced fat milk from local Wholefoods, but it does not taste as good.

Update: Same as day before, cut off protein at 330, potato meal at 7. Woke up once and had cheese/honey - slept until 6 with a little wakeup but not the overblown adrenaline response.

I’m really excited as I feel like I can heal now.
Yes! You got another extra hour! Did you have the potato soup again without the bacon?

I had same potato soup but maybe cut up a 1/2 piece of bacon as a garnish. I slept really well!
You can build on this now. One thing I did not heed Ray Peat on was the stress response of darkness, and in my sleep experiments I found that leaving a light on in my attached bathroom made a good difference. Do you leave a nightlight on in your sleep area?

“...progesterone is an important regulator of pituitary and brain function. The cycling pituitary affects the adrenal glands and other organs, and progesterone tends to protect against the unopposed actions of prolactin, cortisol, and adrenal androgenic hormones.” -Ray Peat

OP
M

MountainMouse

You can build on this now. One thing I did not heed Ray Peat on was the stress response of darkness, and in my sleep experiments I found that leaving a light on in my attached bathroom made a good difference. Do you leave a nightlight on in your sleep area?
I don’t but am going to start. Will report back. Sleeping longer with all your help, it’s f’n awesome!! Thank you again. I usually wake up once and have honey.

Lydie Baillie

I had same potato soup but maybe cut up a 1/2 piece of bacon as a garnish. I slept really well!
Potato soup sounds delicious. Glad to hear it helps you stay asleep. As I mentioned before, eating a potato in the evening, allows me to fall asleep and stay asleep. I'm not a big sleeper though. 6-7 hours and I'm good to go.

Potato soup sounds delicious. Glad to hear it helps you stay asleep. As I mentioned before, eating a potato in the evening, allows me to fall asleep and stay asleep. I'm not a big sleeper though. 6-7 hours and I'm good to go.
I made a chicken bone broth potato broccoli soup last night, for an early 5:30 dinner, and then had a few more bites of it shortly before bedtime as well as a couple of organic olive oil made saltine crackers with butter and I slept NINE hours, not getting up for anything!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom