T3 Lowering Heart Rate?

Aleeri

I recently started back on some small T3 supplementation (Cynomel). About 2-3 mcg x2-3 per day.

What I noticed is that the past week, about an hour after taking it my heart rate drops down into the 60-70 bpm. Usually, I am around 75-85bpm. In the evening when I took it before bed it even brought it down to 50-55 bpm sometimes.

Coffee, on the other hand, raises my heart rate consistently.

What does this mean?

I actually feel better and more relaxed after taking the T3 as long as I have eaten, so is it true to guess that it is lowering stress hormones and my more "real" pulse rate at the moment is around 60-70 bpm?

The temperature has been fluctuating. Usually, wake up at 36.6 celsius but rises up to 36.8 midday after meals then go down again towards evening. I have noticed that T3 raises my temp slightly too (37 Celsius often) but lowers pulse.

Also, I found this: T3 and Elevated Heart Rate | Recovering with T3

Frequently, prior to taking the T3 or NDT, heart rate may have been high and then, about one or two hours after the T3 or NDT dose, the heart rate may have fallen. This can indicate that the body actually needs more T3 or NDT medication (it is the T3 content that has this fast effect and can lower heart rate).
For some thyroid patients an increase of T3 or NDT medication raises heart rate. This can be due to simple excess thyroid hormone because the dose is too high. However, quite often it is due to low cortisol or low iron or to other conditions that are interfering with proper thyroid hormone action. Low cortisol for instance can cause the production of extra adrenaline when a dose of NDT or T3 is taken.

The heart is like other tissues, it requires enough T3 to work normally. If there is too much T3, sure, the heart rate can rise. However, the heart rate can also rise if there is not enough T3.

Many patients have found that their heart rates lower once they have either raised their T3 containing medication, or they have corrected their low cortisol, low iron or other issues that are interfering with thyroid hormone action.

Is it sane to assume that I need more T3 and my thyroid is not in good shape?

nwo2012

You are hypothyroid and the higher heart rate before T3 is due to stress hormones. Do you find your heart rate and temps fall after eating breakfast.
I suggest slowly increasing T3 until heart rate increases. Small frequent doses

OP
Aleeri

Aleeri

Do you find your heart rate and temps fall after eating breakfast.

No, I find heart rate and temps increase after eating.

Yeah, I am suspecting hypothyroid since I also have issues with dry skin/hair and difficulty losing weight.

nwo2012

No, I find heart rate and temps increase after eating.

Yeah, I am suspecting hypothyroid since I also have issues with dry skin/hair and difficulty losing weight.

Well the temps and heart rate rising is a good sign
Just keep plugging away, slowly add a nibble of T3 extra every couple of hours until you find a good dose. I was in a similar position when 1st starting thyroid supps, it gets better witj rime.

OP
Aleeri

Aleeri

Thanks nwo2012, it seems like 12.5mcg T3 per day is the next step, half of that is ok but not helping all the way. Does not get heart rate up.

Is it a bad idea to take 6mcg per time?

Making smaller dosages is really a pain and hard to manage on the run, these pills are so small!

Ponce

I can suggest you to take in parallel high doses vitamin C during your time with T3. It will be raise your thyroid metabolism and you’ll see your TSH decrease. Good luck, man !

I have read how often taking T3 can lower HR for people taking NDT or T4.

Are you taking NDT or T4?

OP
Aleeri

Aleeri

I have read how often taking T3 can lower HR for people taking NDT or T4.

Are you taking NDT or T4?

Nope, I did a few months back but never felt like it had the same benefits for me as pure T3. I was worried about rT3 also as some aspects did not improve on NDT.

T3 I can feel quite quickly.

OP
Aleeri

Aleeri

I can suggest you to take in parallel high doses vitamin C during your time with T3. It will be raise your thyroid metabolism and you’ll see your TSH decrease. Good luck, man !

Interesting, as a supplement or juice/fruit?

Sagitarrius90

vBumping this thread!

I just purchased t3 and the combo of t3 and t4 … I noticed when I nibble on the 25 mcg tablet I am getting tired sleepy but from what I am reading its either

A.) too much t3 and rt3 is raising or
B.) t3 lowering stress thus exposing my low metabolic rate

have any of you had this experience... just want to make sure this is normal rather than go down a road that's not helpful. I remember I felt like this when I started to eat more sugar I felt out of it but it was a reduction in stress hormones. I should mention I feel content and joyful somewhat so I am leaning towards a reduction in stress

Sagitarrius90

vBumping this thread!

I just purchased t3 and the combo of t3 and t4 … I noticed when I nibble on the 25 mcg tablet I am getting tired sleepy but from what I am reading its either

A.) too much t3 and rt3 is raising or
B.) t3 lowering stress thus exposing my low metabolic rate

have any of you had this experience... just want to make sure this is normal rather than go down a road that's not helpful. I remember I felt like this when I started to eat more sugar I felt out of it but it was a reduction in stress hormones. I should mention I feel content and joyful somewhat so I am leaning towards a reduction in stress

Sorry I should mention I am trying to have 1-4 mcg of t3 every hour or two - totalling 1 tablet daily (25 mcg)