eat A LOT of carbs for that high catecholamines state,
you can try frequent smaller feedings

T3 slowly eventually can lower the high catecholamines
reduce/eliminate sources of stress
sunlight
etc etc

catecholamines were keeping my TSH lower
so that a TSH measurement alone is not definitive for thyroid health

bringing down serotonin and histamine (with cypro)
and eliminating one very stressful situation
allowed me to finally be able to use thyroid effectively

good luck!

Regina

Thank you , yes

I have had carrot salad. I am going to stay religious too It now. And remove all potatoes and not go to sweet. Maybe starches are too much for me right now. I’m constantly always a little bloated but with abs, so ya something is up w my gut. Obviously stress induced. That is why I’m going eliminate a lot of foods and focus on the peat go tos. I will throw in Cascara as well… I supp taurine already . How long/ did you heal yourself ? Did you give up exercise completely for a period?
I did give up aikido.
i tried to train light but other dojo members have a no-pain-no-gain outlook. I think they 1) haven't read any Ray Peat ;) and miss the point and 2) also came into the dojo to toughen up in the first place.
Our founder moved to another state to head a zen temple. So, it sort of became a crappy school without him.
i tried another dojo and again; my wanting to self-pace was interpretted as primadonna wanting special treatment.
So, I quit and did long walks along Lake Michigan for exercise and learned how to sleep soundly.

Then covid hit and we moved to Florida.
Local dojo here is horrible. Everyone's "alpha" and wants to win and dominate and they have no technique.
So I won't go back to aikido.
In Japan, you could self-pace and people train into their 70's and beyond. Hombo dojo has a super light training style.

But concurrently, very unpleasant life events have occurred since my nice long walks by the lake.

Covid horseshit; we set up a major home renovation for a florida home to move into. Contractor fleeced us and left it a junk pile. Next contractor couldn't resist further feeding on wounded animals. Like i said, Florida has a lot of "alpha" people. Every man for himself people who feel there is a winner and a loser in every interaction. My mother has Alzheimers and moved into an ALF; then my oldest brother got Parkinson's and his wife moved him into a ALF. Frustration with my family over not trying ANYthing Peaty with my mom or brother. I worried miserably over all of them.
Renting when I own a home sucks. My health suffered with all this heavy-heart for just about everything going on.
But. I am now GC'ing the reno. And lo and behold, my health is improving daily.
So, I'm not looking at each food item as the culprit. I just needed to get out of these alligator's mouths. And have some of my own agency back.

I eat Peat but now that i am a construction worker ;) , I sometimes end up eating what i call "roach coach." Tacos, sub sandwich, whole cooked chicken from the deli....., or forget to eat......
But just that I now see my house coming together makes me very happy and has lightened my heart.
Like magic, health follows.

K

Kaur Singh

ah - hypoglycemia can be a cause of blurry vision.

it often gets overlooked, this symptom

Karime22

Totally agree with @redsun . I had excess acetylcholine, and similar symptoms except also insomnia and muscle twitches. I am still dealing with the insomnia so I have other issues too, but reducing my potato consumption and temporarily my choline consumption helped with quite a few symptoms. There may be a histamine component as well, as it can release adrenaline if in excess. Quitting liver would help reduce histamine some, too.

Phosphor

Lyme disease (IgeneX lab only good one, other tests mean nothing;) mold exposure (doctors do not know how to test for it, see survivingmold.com for tests;) and histamine / MCAS, which VERY often goes with mold exposure (mastcell360.com). I almost died of mold exposure from a hidden pipe leak inside a wall, and all the doctors did was give me drugs. I thought I was going nuts, totally fell apart physically, and the histamine flares that mold exposure cause will create symptoms you can't even imagine. Lots of stuff there to research.

OP
T

tommyg130

Lyme disease (IgeneX lab only good one, other tests mean nothing;) mold exposure (doctors do not know how to test for it, see survivingmold.com for tests;) and histamine / MCAS, which VERY often goes with mold exposure (mastcell360.com). I almost died of mold exposure from a hidden pipe leak inside a wall, and all the doctors did was give me drugs. I thought I was going nuts, totally fell apart physically, and the histamine flares that mold exposure cause will create symptoms you can't even imagine. Lots of stuff there to research.
Wow ok , going to check those out.. what did you ultimately do to heal?