High Cholesterol, High TSH, need help again :/

I recently got some new blood test results at the end of November after getting on NDT (np thyroid) as prescribed by my endo in August (0.75 grains), but my Cholesterol has gotten even higher 279 and my TSH only dropping down from 6 to 5.5. Endo said my T3 was high asking me if I’d taken NDT before my bloodtest (can’t remember if I did but don’t think so) and saying maybe its thyroid hormone resistance ?. I’ve gained a lot of weight since spring last year, but I was eating way too much because I thought I needed to eat more if I wanted to get better, I was definitely eating too much, as well as too much fat. I’m now ~190 lbs, 21 year old dude.

I took Finasteride on and off so 8 months and then started feeling some classic hypo symptoms so I hopped off last Fall. I’ve been eating pretty Peaty as of late, whole milk, OJ, mex coke, beef, eggs, bacon, liver, rice, potatoes, chicken curry sometimes, inconsistent carrot salad, oysters weekly, I take vit D daily, vit K when I feel like it, and spurts of Progest-e.

I talked to endo today and she said stop drinking sugary drinks, less milk and beef, but like what am I supposed to eat when she says not a lot of carbs or fats, I guess I could just eat like 1,700 or 2,000 calories a day maybe? I admit I went overboard on sugar and haagendaaz, just eating in general, I feel really dumb in retrospect, I only ate that much because I thought taking thyroid would increase my calorie requirement. I wanted to do coaching with Roddy but his patreon is sold out or he simply doesn’t do them anymore. I’m feeling really lost and hopeless, I don’t know what to do, I feel like I just get worse and worse, I need some direction and I’d really appreciate any help. I’ll post the most recent blood lab later

changeling188

myself, and probably the majority of people in this forum, don't believe high cholesterol to be the health risk it's made out to be and a total blood cholesterol level doesn't really indicate much. Maybe if too little cholesterol is becoming vitamin D that's a problem, which might mean you need some more sun. Where do you live?But anyway higher cholesterol is epidemiologically connected to higher intelligence, so go figure. You don't need to feel unnecessarily worried about it because your doctor is raising it as concern or you've heard it's bad.

But I have some general advice from being in a similar position (23 y.o. male) when I first started to change my diet and activity though my TSH was something like 4.0 i think. I weighed probably 65kg or a bit more. Metabolic repair often takes a long time and the tests can indicate very circumstantial results which relate to the seasons. For example, my TSH would drop when i visited my parents in the coldest state in my country and went to my family doctor (i still felt horrible and lethargic) but I would then fly back to where I lived which was subtropical/tropical and my TSH would be higher again. There is some seasonal effect from what I can see, your body adjusting itself to the ambient temperatures. For a lot of people the reverse is true and their thyroid activity decreases in winter. Anyway it's been 3 years since then and my TSH is something like 1.3 and i think i weight 60kg and i'm around 5 foot 10 inches. I think you've been on it for like 3-4 months and it might take some more time to work to a reasonable effect, maybe after 6 months review it or if your TSH is that high wouldn't you be able to get prescribed thyroid medication? TSH that high is usually a sign of pretty severe stress. The high cholesterol might imply there is a hormone conversion issue for which other people on here might provide better technical advice. Some people in other threads say thiamine helps? Or a good b complex.

i never had success with desiccated thyroid and it made me feel horrible and weird like itchy and irritated.

But i think maybe the weight gain is part of the issue. To paraphrase Ray, the way fat cells proliferate can produce a state analogous to inflammation and enzymes like aromatase within fat cells convert androgens like testosterone into estrogen, which can in turn create an increasingly inflammatory cycle of stress and weight gain which is disruptive to optimal or even average thyroid function. I think a common problem for people in this forum seems to be that their dieting induces weight gain which creates hormonal disturbances, and it distracts from the progress made in regards to the detoxification from seed oils and other anti-metabolic substances. Or that their weight loss is very slow due to thyroid disturbances.

My question is does what you eat make you feel good? Do you feel any kind of inflammatory reaction to it? What exactly are your hypothyroidism symptoms? Have your life circumstances changed significantly since this time last year? Are you prone to colds and viruses?

I would say keep at it because your diet sounds good to me but increasing your amount of physical activity, spending time outdoors and staying stimulated as well as maybe reigning in the eating and lowering your body fat will make you feel better but then again i don't know what your body composition is or how tall you are etc.

I don't count calories but I noticed that exercise normalises my appetite anyway and makes my food cravings seem more intuitive. Lower body fat often translates to higher testosterone levels and lower estrogen levels which would indicate better thyroid function, as the cellular metabolism is improved by virtue of being liberated from stressors. But often this means you might have to get into the habit of eating more at the start to have the energy to exert yourself to do anything, if you are fatigued. So in short, don't be too hard on yourself because what you're doing might be necessary anyway. I think thyroid in general increases appetite, but that being said the psychological effect of hunger can make many people eat more than they really need to so it's kind of a trap in that way.

For myself, I found over time that concentrated sucrose in isolation like in sugary drinks is just too empty for me and I don't really like the taste anyway so i have to balance my eating out with more meat or fat so for example my average morning meal is scrambled eggs with a cacao with some brown sugar in it(i like the taste) and raw milk.

This is sacrilege on here but I love running and I go for long runs after breakfast to clear my head (and i have trouble sleeping if i don't exert myself like this) and to lose weight but it doesn't seem to have a noticeable stressful affect on me. But the point is that the exercise really warms my body up and now i have lower body fat the benefits of the diet are becoming more apparent, and so that is why many people on here think muscle building exercise is ideal because it's metabolically charging but less stressful for the body. I think for me i found running more useful because muscle building increased my appetite too much and I would overeat, then feel too lethargic to exercise and get stuck in this trap. But running didn't do that. But each to their own, and it's just what i'm used to.

For lunch I usually used to have tuna, or tuna and rice (tuna is very lean) but I got sick of it and was worried about metals so often i just have some fruit like pineapple or mandarin and a Redbull (contradicts what i said before but it makes me feel euphoric and stops the afternoon crash) and often I get sushi or I cook like jollof rice or usually something carbohydratic and for dinner I have something more substantial like beef patties or a sandwich with salami or ham and some icecream after. I think in calories i would probably average about 2000 a day or slightly more, but i used to eat a lot more than that. Just be careful with icecream as I've found icecream, at least where I live, to be one of the most toxin-contaminated foods available. Full of vegetable gums, maltodextrin, BPA etc. It's probably.a good example of a food we should make ourselves and not buy.

Also a lot of people on the forum find orange juice to give them a weird reaction and change to pineapple or guava so you could try just switching it all up a bit i guess, experimenting with some different variations on a theme. I found cold showers initially were very useful to wake me up and warm my body up because when my health was worse i'd just want to lay down and sleep all the time. Now i don't really shower, period and my hair is growing a lot better. The hot water would make me feel too tired and I was worried about the effect the hot water was having on my hair follicles and my balls.

Over time, the cacao and weirdly onions with the beef really enhanced my testosterone observably as in my sex drive improved overnight (zinc has the same effect for many people), more facial hair, muscle tone changes, less weight stored around my mid section and redistributed to my shoulders and calves. Also a tea before bed like echinacea or dandelion seemed to really help feel less itchy or inflamed (i had major issues with histamine-type responses). What kind of effect do the oysters have on you? They are very rich in zinc.

Don't be dispirited because the results aren't happening yet and i don't mean to sound evangelical or like we are in a cult. What i mean is that there are a lot of factors to consider and there's a lot of ups and downs in the process of trying to become healthier for everyone. I really hope your thyroid health improves and your health gets better in general. I also remember being so worried about my health all the time that i'd get in these psychological feedback loops of worrying and becoming stressed. It's a hard habit to break but keeping yourself busy or stimulated can create a better habit of re-occupying your mind with different ideas about what you're capable of and who you are, as abstract as that sounds. I really think exercise may help you, though it might be difficult at the start. Even just long walks if that's possible where you are.

If this is any help, I've done this for a few years now and I didn't really believe it would work at the start i was just more interested in the philosophy but now im so much better off than when I started particularly that i'm more physically robust and mentally alert and i feel like my body works to the degree that i'm able to do the things i want without worrying about my health. But even now I still have days where I just feel ****88 and have a pity party for myself because I feel sluggish and depressive and I go psycho thinking it's something i ate or whatever but it's fine. You should give yourself some credit for trying and remember It's common for all sorts of illnesses and diseases to manifest in the early 20s. It's a transitional period andI really hope you see some benefit soon enough, or that you can find a way to :) Hope that was hopeful and i didn't mean to preach. Just sounds similar to where i was at

changeling188

TLDR;

desiccated thyroid not for everyone
very high TSH suggest high stress, high inflammation
high cholesterol and high TSH might mean conversion issue
more info needed
other people in forum say thiamine, b complex
more sunlight to convert cholesterol
weight loss, lower body fat to reduce aromatisation of androgens, rebalance testosterone levels
cacao
onions and beef
cold showers, no hot showers
results can take some time
blood tests aren't conclusive

also i forgot. i improved the texture and quality of my hair and skin by applying egg whites to it

OP
beeohbeebeewhy
Where do you live?But anyway higher cholesterol is epidemiologically connected to higher intelligence, so go figure. You don't need to feel unnecessarily worried about it because your doctor is raising it as concern or you've heard it's bad.

But I have some general advice from being in a similar position (23 y.o. male) when I first started to change my diet and activity though my TSH was something like 4.0 i think. I weighed probably 65kg or a bit more. Metabolic repair often takes a long time and the tests can indicate very circumstantial results which relate to the seasons. For example, my TSH would drop when i visited my parents in the coldest state in my country and went to my family doctor (i still felt horrible and lethargic) but I would then fly back to where I lived which was subtropical/tropical and my TSH would be higher again. There is some seasonal effect from what I can see, your body adjusting itself to the ambient temperatures. For a lot of people the reverse is true and their thyroid activity decreases in winter. Anyway it's been 3 years since then and my TSH is something like 1.3 and i think i weight 60kg and i'm around 5 foot 10 inches. I think you've been on it for like 3-4 months and it might take some more time to work to a reasonable effect, maybe after 6 months review it or if your TSH is that high wouldn't you be able to get prescribed thyroid medication? TSH that high is usually a sign of pretty severe stress. The high cholesterol might imply there is a hormone conversion issue for which other people on here might provide better technical advice. Some people in other threads say thiamine helps? Or a good b complex.

i never had success with desiccated thyroid and it made me feel horrible and weird like itchy and irritated.

But i think maybe the weight gain is part of the issue. To paraphrase Ray, the way fat cells proliferate can produce a state analogous to inflammation and enzymes like aromatase within fat cells convert androgens like testosterone into estrogen, which can in turn create an increasingly inflammatory cycle of stress and weight gain which is disruptive to optimal or even average thyroid function. I think a common problem for people in this forum seems to be that their dieting induces weight gain which creates hormonal disturbances, and it distracts from the progress made in regards to the detoxification from seed oils and other anti-metabolic substances. Or that their weight loss is very slow due to thyroid disturbances.

My question is does what you eat make you feel good? Do you feel any kind of inflammatory reaction to it? What exactly are your hypothyroidism symptoms? Have your life circumstances changed significantly since this time last year? Are you prone to colds and viruses?

I would say keep at it because your diet sounds good to me but increasing your amount of physical activity, spending time outdoors and staying stimulated as well as maybe reigning in the eating and lowering your body fat will make you feel better but then again i don't know what your body composition is or how tall you are etc.

I don't count calories but I noticed that exercise normalises my appetite anyway and makes my food cravings seem more intuitive. Lower body fat often translates to higher testosterone levels and lower estrogen levels which would indicate better thyroid function, as the cellular metabolism is improved by virtue of being liberated from stressors. But often this means you might have to get into the habit of eating more at the start to have the energy to exert yourself to do anything, if you are fatigued. So in short, don't be too hard on yourself because what you're doing might be necessary anyway. I think thyroid in general increases appetite, but that being said the psychological effect of hunger can make many people eat more than they really need to so it's kind of a trap in that way.

For myself, I found over time that concentrated sucrose in isolation like in sugary drinks is just too empty for me and I don't really like the taste anyway so i have to balance my eating out with more meat or fat so for example my average morning meal is scrambled eggs with a cacao with some brown sugar in it(i like the taste) and raw milk.

This is sacrilege on here but I love running and I go for long runs after breakfast to clear my head (and i have trouble sleeping if i don't exert myself like this) and to lose weight but it doesn't seem to have a noticeable stressful affect on me. But the point is that the exercise really warms my body up and now i have lower body fat the benefits of the diet are becoming more apparent, and so that is why many people on here think muscle building exercise is ideal because it's metabolically charging but less stressful for the body. I think for me i found running more useful because muscle building increased my appetite too much and I would overeat, then feel too lethargic to exercise and get stuck in this trap. But running didn't do that. But each to their own, and it's just what i'm used to.

For lunch I usually used to have tuna, or tuna and rice (tuna is very lean) but I got sick of it and was worried about metals so often i just have some fruit like pineapple or mandarin and a Redbull (contradicts what i said before but it makes me feel euphoric and stops the afternoon crash) and often I get sushi or I cook like jollof rice or usually something carbohydratic and for dinner I have something more substantial like beef patties or a sandwich with salami or ham and some icecream after. I think in calories i would probably average about 2000 a day or slightly more, but i used to eat a lot more than that. Just be careful with icecream as I've found icecream, at least where I live, to be one of the most toxin-contaminated foods available. Full of vegetable gums, maltodextrin, BPA etc. It's probably.a good example of a food we should make ourselves and not buy.

Also a lot of people on the forum find orange juice to give them a weird reaction and change to pineapple or guava so you could try just switching it all up a bit i guess, experimenting with some different variations on a theme. I found cold showers initially were very useful to wake me up and warm my body up because when my health was worse i'd just want to lay down and sleep all the time. Now i don't really shower, period and my hair is growing a lot better. The hot water would make me feel too tired and I was worried about the effect the hot water was having on my hair follicles and my balls.

Over time, the cacao and weirdly onions with the beef really enhanced my testosterone observably as in my sex drive improved overnight (zinc has the same effect for many people), more facial hair, muscle tone changes, less weight stored around my mid section and redistributed to my shoulders and calves. Also a tea before bed like echinacea or dandelion seemed to really help feel less itchy or inflamed (i had major issues with histamine-type responses). What kind of effect do the oysters have on you? They are very rich in zinc.

Don't be dispirited because the results aren't happening yet and i don't mean to sound evangelical or like we are in a cult. What i mean is that there are a lot of factors to consider and there's a lot of ups and downs in the process of trying to become healthier for everyone. I really hope your thyroid health improves and your health gets better in general. I also remember being so worried about my health all the time that i'd get in these psychological feedback loops of worrying and becoming stressed. It's a hard habit to break but keeping yourself busy or stimulated can create a better habit of re-occupying your mind with different ideas about what you're capable of and who you are, as abstract as that sounds. I really think exercise may help you, though it might be difficult at the start. Even just long walks if that's possible where you are.

If this is any help, I've done this for a few years now and I didn't really believe it would work at the start i was just more interested in the philosophy but now im so much better off than when I started particularly that i'm more physically robust and mentally alert and i feel like my body works to the degree that i'm able to do the things i want without worrying about my health. But even now I still have days where I just feel ****88 and have a pity party for myself because I feel sluggish and depressive and I go psycho thinking it's something i ate or whatever but it's fine. You should give yourself some credit for trying and remember It's common for all sorts of illnesses and diseases to manifest in the early 20s. It's a transitional period andI really hope you see some benefit soon enough, or that you can find a way to :) Hope that was hopeful and i didn't mean to preach. Just sounds similar to where i was at
I live on the east coast, at sea level so no high altitude or anything. Just worried ab the cholesterol because I sometimes have chest tightness and I was hoping taking thyroid would improve my bloods rather than exacerbate the problem, at least I don’t have low cholesterol which sounds scarier than high.

Honestly I think i’ll change thyroid meds or something, i’m pretty sure Broda Barnes said in his book that you give it 2 months to see results from NDT and adjust accordingly, and i’ve given it 4, so i’m feeling a sense of urgency about my situation :/. I agree with you tho the winter can be a stressful time and I haven’t been getting much sunlight, I definitely felt better in the summer due to spending so much time in the sun. I also have noticed a kind of histamine reaction to NDT sometimes, and honestly i’m starting to think NDT is why i’ve had this second decline in health, I think I almost feel worse now than I did after my initial PFS crash, like the fatigue is pretty horrible, and I have this fatalism about the world again, Ik its due to a lowered metabolic state but its still a struggle. I will try Thiamine and Mag Glycinate again, I stopped taking them because it was hard to space out my caffeine/milk consumption around them since calcium/caffeine hamper their absorption.

I would like to exercise more but I just don’t have the energy for it, when I did workout more recently I would go with friends and we would be there for 1 hr 30 to 2 hrs it was just too much and I felt like it was too taxing on me, too stressful. I think i’ll try to get back into it after I get my TSH and Cholesterol down a bit, for now just walks.

I feel good after having mexican coke, liver, coffee sometimes, like literally euphoric or finally relaxed a lot of tension is released, sometimes warm blood rushes to the extremities, but recently I’ve had those feelings less and less. I’ve been having chicken curry with rice and onions recently and I really like the taste but after I can feel itchy or cold sometimes, my digestion isn’t great so I attribute it to that, OJ can also do that sometimes, also Hershey’s chocolate. My hypo symptoms now are dry skin, dry hair, hair loss, weight gain, mental sluggishness, fatigue, my eyesight is deteriorating, eye floaters, constipated, low sex drive but it could be worse, poor sleep, cold extremities, a lot of these were getting better over the summer and my eye sight was mostly fine, but now i’ve had this second crash where I’m nearly full blown hypo. Last year I was at College in the mountains, had a lot of the same problems now but more so gut and mental problems, now I live with my parents which is nice but I feel less capable of being a person due to my declining health, less social, less energy, mentally slower. I haven’t been really sick since I got COVID last year in the winter, but I do have this residual cough that can flair up, I was really sick in November of 2019 for it felt like 2 months.

Man yeah raw milk was great when I was able to tolerate it, I bet it tastes great with coffee and sugar ?. You are right tho I should try to get outside more/be more active so I can gain some momentum.

You know I think I will try replacing OJ with pineapple or guava juice, the fresh OJ from whole foods has been very hit or miss, only a few times has it been very sweet ?. You’ve also reminded me to start eating more beef, maybe beef fried rice would be a good go to dish for me since my selection has been very limited. Oysters definitely help with skin quality for me, mental clarity sometimes as well, i’ve become less sensitive to metabolic changes recently tho so its hard to tell when somethings doing something now.

I don’t really doubt Peat, I had a lot of positive developments over the summer thanks to incorporating some of his ideas but it all seems to have been wiped away and reverted and i’m not sure where i’ve gone wrong, of course I suspect NDT may be to blame, or maybe being lazy about carrot salad/mushrooms (I suspect i might have problems with carotene, my calluses have appeared orange at times)? Idk obviously something is wrong, and sometimes I do get worried and doubt what I believe, but I will try to make another great effort to improve and read more Peat since I got lazy after starting thyroid. And yeah i’m also very prone to those negative thinking feedback loops but since quitting Gluten things have definitely improved (Endo said I likely have celiac’s due to elevated gluten antibodies, maybe I have Hashimotos?) Still I get kind of hopeless sometimes, but you have definitely inspired me and given me some renewed hope. I really appreciate it man, I honestly feel like I shouldn’t just resign and give up anymore I needed this boost. Thank you again ?.

mamakitty

myself, and probably the majority of people in this forum, don't believe high cholesterol to be the health risk it's made out to be and a total blood cholesterol level doesn't really indicate much. Maybe if too little cholesterol is becoming vitamin D that's a problem, which might mean you need some more sun. Where do you live?But anyway higher cholesterol is epidemiologically connected to higher intelligence, so go figure. You don't need to feel unnecessarily worried about it because your doctor is raising it as concern or you've heard it's bad.

How thoughtful of you to take the time out to reply in such details. You mentioned sunlight but it’s winter, what can we do when it’s cold and dark?

OP
beeohbeebeewhy
How thoughtful of you to take the time out to reply in such details. You mentioned sunlight but it’s winter, what can we do when it’s cold and dark?
Peat would probably say red light and Vitamin D supplementation, he and Roddy also mention increasing thyroid dosage to meet the stress demands of winter.

mamakitty

Peat would probably say red light and Vitamin D supplementation, he and Roddy also mention increasing thyroid dosage to meet the stress demands of winter.
Thank you so much for your response. I have red light and I supplement D semi regularly. However, I am just unable to get my hands on thyroid supplement. My doctor refuses to prescribe it or refer me to someone who could. I don’t know what to do about that. Are there any alternatives you know of that could upregulate my thyroid function without supplementing it?

OP
beeohbeebeewhy
Thank you so much for your response. I have red light and I supplement D semi regularly. However, I am just unable to get my hands on thyroid supplement. My doctor refuses to prescribe it or refer me to someone who could. I don’t know what to do about that. Are there any alternatives you know of that could upregulate my thyroid function without supplementing it?

Peat and Roddy recommend this website I believe, Cynoplus (levothyroxine / LIOTHYRONINE) 30 mcg /120mcg 50 TAB - Farmacia Del Niño - PHARMACY ONLINE IN MEXICO OF BRAND NAME & GENERIC MEDICATIONS, DRUG STORE IN MEXICO, MEDICINES ONLINE, PHARMACY IN MEXICO / Anointed By God , its Cynoplus, so synthetic T3 and T4. Don’t need a doctors order or anything, though you should read the Roddy article about starting thyroid first, and figure things out for yourself. I jumped into NDT just kind of hoping it would work, though I had tried getting my diet right before starting it, still I feel mostly lost on what to do, so do your due diligence! Good luck! ??

P

Peatness

Dr Peat says thyroid increases the need for magnesium. Magnesium sulphate either as a foot soak or bath will be good for the chest pains. Unless there is something more serious but at your age it's probably just a magnesium deficiency

OP
beeohbeebeewhy
Dr Peat says thyroid increases the need for magnesium. Magnesium sulphate either as a foot soak or bath will be good for the chest pains. Unless there is something more serious but at your age it's probably just a magnesium deficiency
I think you’re right ab me having a magnesium deficiency, foot soak might be a good idea. I’ve been supplementing with the PURE brand Mag Glycinate the past few days and it definitely helps in some areas, bothers my gut unfortunately.

mamakitty

Peat and Roddy recommend this website I believe, Cynoplus (levothyroxine / LIOTHYRONINE) 30 mcg /120mcg 50 TAB - Farmacia Del Niño - PHARMACY ONLINE IN MEXICO OF BRAND NAME & GENERIC MEDICATIONS, DRUG STORE IN MEXICO, MEDICINES ONLINE, PHARMACY IN MEXICO / Anointed By God , its Cynoplus, so synthetic T3 and T4. Don’t need a doctors order or anything, though you should read the Roddy article about starting thyroid first, and figure things out for yourself. I jumped into NDT just kind of hoping it would work, though I had tried getting my diet right before starting it, still I feel mostly lost on what to do, so do your due diligence! Good luck! ??
Thanks a lot! I’m gonna look into this, although some people told me they cannot get anything thyroid related shipped to Canada, it’s confiscated at the border. Anyway, thanks I’ll read up on it first.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks a lot! I’m gonna look into this, although some people told me they cannot get anything thyroid related shipped to Canada, it’s confiscated at the border. Anyway, thanks I’ll read up on it first.
If you can’t get an actual thyroid supplement you can try to find chicken necks with the thyroid intact at a farmer’s market and make a broth with them. Fish heads are another option but I’m not that brave! I did make the chicken neck broth though years ago and found it helpful. I’ll try to find some old threads on the topic.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
“I usually make soup of 40-50 neck, make sure when you buy the necks that those
are cut at the base so that thyroid gland is still there. Thyroid gland of chicken is
just above the base of neck. I boil it for 1-2 hours until the necks are soft and i break
those bones, which look lot like a puree and boil some 10-15 min and strain the
broth. Then i put it in ice trays and drink one or twice a day total of 4-5 necks.
If there is thyroid in the soup you will notice instant warmth.” Mittir

OP
beeohbeebeewhy
Ah I’m sorry I didn’t know you lived in Canada :(, and I’m not sure why your doctor is being so controlling, have you gotten blood labs for thyroid function? You could always get blood tests from a third party, something like Quest Diagnostics in the US, and get blood lab papers online for thyroid function, Cholesterol, TSH, etc. If they come back high then maybe that would convince your doctor? Otherwise I would look for a different doctor/endocrinologist if possible. I hope you can figure something out, hang in there! ❤️

mamakitty

“I usually make soup of 40-50 neck, make sure when you buy the necks that those
are cut at the base so that thyroid gland is still there. Thyroid gland of chicken is
just above the base of neck. I boil it for 1-2 hours until the necks are soft and i break
those bones, which look lot like a puree and boil some 10-15 min and strain the
broth. Then i put it in ice trays and drink one or twice a day total of 4-5 necks.
If there is thyroid in the soup you will notice instant warmth.” Mittir
Wow, thanks a lot for looking this up!!
Yes, I knew of chicken necks and tried buying them pasture raised to ensure the quality, but was only able to find them in dog foods supply online. Unfortunately though, they suddenly pulled it out of the market and none of the farmers markets close to us have them. The only option I have for now is the heritage chicken I buy that has the neck intact. But to get 40-50 necks, I would have to wait as many weeks lol.

But thanks so much for this, again. I’m going to contact the butchers again and see if they can source some.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Wow, thanks a lot for looking this up!!
Yes, I knew of chicken necks and tried buying them pasture raised to ensure the quality, but was only able to find them in dog foods supply online. Unfortunately though, they suddenly pulled it out of the market and none of the farmers markets close to us have them. The only option I have for now is the heritage chicken I buy that has the neck intact. But to get 40-50 necks, I would have to wait as many weeks lol.

But thanks so much for this, again. I’m going to contact the butchers again and see if they can source some.
You’re welcome. I hope you can find some.

mamakitty

Ah I’m sorry I didn’t know you lived in Canada :(, and I’m not sure why your doctor is being so controlling, have you gotten blood labs for thyroid function? You could always get blood tests from a third party, something like Quest Diagnostics in the US, and get blood lab papers online for thyroid function, Cholesterol, TSH, etc. If they come back high then maybe that would convince your doctor? Otherwise I would look for a different doctor/endocrinologist if possible. I hope you can figure something out, hang in there! ❤️
Aww thanks for the kind words. Yes, it’s insane up here, the doctors are tyrants and everything is super controlled because it’s a socialist medical care system.

I know my tsh is high based on my blood test results. I never tested for cholesterol my whole life until six months ago and it’s very high, which is why I’m scouring these threads...
My gp is not even prescribing synthetic t3, let alone the desiccated thyroid. She has me on synthroid (t4) for two years now and because my tsh dropped after starting it, she won’t prescribe t3 or increase t4. She also won’t test the whole thyroid panel because of the aforementioned socialist medical care. I have asked her but nope! And re cholesterol, they are pushing statins on me. They don’t even think thyroid has anything to do with cholesterol. Such is the state of modern medicine, eh!!

As far as doing blood tests privately, that’s not as hard because I found a lab that you can buy doctor ordered tests from. However, it’s a bit hard in corona times.
But I already know my thyroid is not functioning because of very high cholesterol and ldl!!

Thank you for your help though, much appreciated!

OP
beeohbeebeewhy
Bump :/, I can provide more information but i’m just getting really worried about having chronically high cholesterol and TSH, i’m going to start cooking with coconut oil more, maybe eat a tablespoon of it a day, 400 mg mag glycinate everyday or every other, 200 mg Thiamine HCL, i’m now taking a grain of Armour Thyroid a day, and my Endo prescribed more T4 to take with that but rn i’m just taking the Armour. I’m trying half or so a grain upon waking and then the other half later in the day. I’m also resuming carrot salad even tho I was worried about carotene before, I also might start doing 4 cups of coffee to help with bowel movements. Any advice or resources would be appreciated, thank you for reading.

Last edited:

Vileplume

Do you know your body temperature upon waking and at lunch?

It could be worth trying a different thyroid besides armour. Also, many hypothyroid people need more than one grain—some need two, three, or even more for shorter time periods.

It would help to know if the one grain of armour has increased your temperature at all.

OP
beeohbeebeewhy
Do you know your body temperature upon waking and at lunch?

It could be worth trying a different thyroid besides armour. Also, many hypothyroid people need more than one grain—some need two, three, or even more for shorter time periods.

It would help to know if the one grain of armour has increased your temperature at all.
I do not, since I was hoping I'd get away with cutting corners, I'll start taking temperatures and go from there. I was on NP thyroid until very recently since my endo prescribed Armor and synthetic t4, though I am hesitant to take the T4. I have some cynoplus coming in the mail, so maybe i'll try that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals