High Cholesterol and High Thyroid on Bloodwork- Confused

youngsinatra

I would try 3 grams of amla powder, dissolved in OJ, with a meal. Once a day.

It lowers LDL, total cholesterol and triglycerides very signficantly, while boosting HDL and improving fasting and post-prandial blood glucose also significantly.

Amla Study

mostlylurking

Thank you for the link, very interesting! Yes it’s similar, just I don’t have a puffy face all along, only the eyelids.. that’s why I’m so confused :D

What kind of thiamine are you taking?
Fingers crossed ? that you proceed quickly on the seemingly right path you’re on
I'm using thiamine hcl, large dose. I tried the TTFD, but it gave me a headache that lasted 36 hours. Thiamine hcl seems to be working for me. I'm a lot better.

Are you recording your temperature and pulse? I found that very helpful.

NodeCerebri

I'm using thiamine hcl, large dose. I tried the TTFD, but it gave me a headache that lasted 36 hours. Thiamine hcl seems to be working for me. I'm a lot better.
Nice to read hcl works for you. Do you take it together with mg and vit c?
Are you recording your temperature and pulse? I found that very helpful.
Unfortunately I am not so disciplined with that, but I always note how I feel and how my extremities are. They’re much much warmer now thankfully. I knew times where I couldn’t fall asleep because I was so cold and just couldn’t warm up, horrible.
but you’re right, I really should consider watching these parameters to distinguish metabolic activity, thanks.

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

Yes, adjusting the ratio could be the key. I see that you’re also paying attention to your diet ?? Is there anything you can think of which could have caused this maybe? Like a deficiency of something or an excess of something another?

Maybe you can also have a look into haidut‘s Energin. The doses are worked out perfectly in there, and you can begin with small doses because it’s liquid and measured in drops.

IMHO, those would be enough for maintenance of the vitamin levels. But if we’re talking about extreme depletion, supplements would be needed to refill the body’s stores.

Oops already mentioned, idealabs Energin :) there also must be a Thread on this forum somewhere
Thanks! Since I did not get a reverse T3 in my bloodwork, wondering if that would help determine the issue-- whether is is a nutrient deficiency or a problem with my thyroid supplement T4:T3 ratio. If RT3 comes back high or in a way that produces a detrimental ratio between T3 and RT3 (I see ratio guidelines in another thread), it seems this would indicate the ratio of my supplementation is likely the issue rather than a nutrient deficiency? If not, then seems I would maintain my current thyroid regimen, look into a nutrient deficiency and would be intresting to look into vitamin and mineral testing since I would have a hard time figuring that one out as my diet seems sufficient.

If adjusting the ratio of thyroid supplementation T4: T3 from 4:1 to a 3:1 ratio, would it sound right to decrease current T4 dose and add T3 for a 3:1 ratio Current T4 is 180mcg so would reduce that to 120 mcg which is equivalent to one cynoplus tablet per day (would divide that in four doses) and current T3 is 45 mcg but one cynoplus tablet contains 30 mcg, so would add 12.5 mcg (easy to get that amount from dividing 25 mcg cynomel/cytomel in half) from cytomel or cynomel divided into smaller doses throughout day interspersed with the cynopls doses with a resulting daily ratio of 120 mcg T4 and 42.5 mcg T3 which is close to the 3:1 ratio. I know there are 10 mcg cytomel tablets but since I have had a hard time finding a physician with whom I can work, might be easiest to get the cynomel and do myself but it comes in 25 mcg so most precise measurement I think would be to just divide that in half.

mostlylurking

Nice to read hcl works for you. Do you take it together with mg and vit c?

Unfortunately I am not so disciplined with that, but I always note how I feel and how my extremities are. They’re much much warmer now thankfully. I knew times where I couldn’t fall asleep because I was so cold and just couldn’t warm up, horrible.
but you’re right, I really should consider watching these parameters to distinguish metabolic activity, thanks.
I found it helpful last fall to monitor my temperature and pulse. I felt pretty bad and I thought my thyroid medication had stopped working. Taking my temperature proved to me there was a real problem because I couldn't get it up past 98 degrees. My pulse was erratic; sometimes 80, other times 105, all over the place. Blood tests showed that my T3 was alarmingly high, but I had no symptoms of hyperthyroidism; I was lethargic, inflamed, and cold. I tried a test dose of 300 mg thiamine and my temperature went up to 99 degrees like magic. I had a thiamine problem that was blocking my oxidative metabolism. I would not have been able to figure this out without my temp and pulse records.

Going by how you feel is great; it means you are tuned into your body. That's what I usually do too. I fell back on the temp and pulse when I got into trouble.

I take the thiamine hcl with magnesium and orange juice, for the potassium. I don't supplement with vitamin C; just drink a lot of orange juice. I think the thiamine is lowering my blood sugar too much now and I need to cut back some. If I can sleep through the night without massive inflammation waking me up I'll be so happy. What a balancing act!

NodeCerebri

Thanks! Since I did not get a reverse T3 in my bloodwork, wondering if that would help determine the issue-- whether is is a nutrient deficiency or a problem with my thyroid supplement T4:T3 ratio. If RT3 comes back high or in a way that produces a detrimental ratio between T3 and RT3 (I see ratio guidelines in another thread), it seems this would indicate the ratio of my supplementation is likely the issue rather than a nutrient deficiency?
I think this could be a more reasonable order.
If adjusting the ratio of thyroid supplementation T4: T3 from 4:1 to a 3:1 ratio, would it sound right to decrease current T4 dose and add T3 for a 3:1 ratio
How do you react to T4 and T3? Because I am a bit sensitive to T3, so I wouldn’t increase T3 for example, but decrease the T4 for the ratio. That’s just how I would do it, but still need to look it up myself also

NodeCerebri

I found it helpful last fall to monitor my temperature and pulse. I felt pretty bad and I thought my thyroid medication had stopped working. Taking my temperature proved to me there was a real problem because I couldn't get it up past 98 degrees. My pulse was erratic; sometimes 80, other times 105, all over the place. Blood tests showed that my T3 was alarmingly high, but I had no symptoms of hyperthyroidism; I was lethargic, inflamed, and cold. I tried a test dose of 300 mg thiamine and my temperature went up to 99 degrees like magic. I had a thiamine problem that was blocking my oxidative metabolism. I would not have been able to figure this out without my temp and pulse records.
You inspired me already, now I’m taking action.
Going by how you feel is great; it means you are tuned into your body. That's what I usually do too. I fell back on the temp and pulse when I got into trouble.

I take the thiamine hcl with magnesium and orange juice, for the potassium. I don't supplement with vitamin C; just drink a lot of orange juice. I think the thiamine is lowering my blood sugar too much now and I need to cut back some. If I can sleep through the night without massive inflammation waking me up I'll be so happy. What a balancing act!
That’s right, it’s amazing what a complex system the human body is. The deeper I dive in the more questions arise. Do you think the inflammation is waking you up? Not just a drop in blood sugar maybe? Did you also consider your cortisol levels?

mostlylurking

You inspired me already, now I’m taking action.

That’s right, it’s amazing what a complex system the human body is. The deeper I dive in the more questions arise. Do you think the inflammation is waking you up? Not just a drop in blood sugar maybe? Did you also consider your cortisol levels?
Oh, it's the inflammation that wakes me up. Of course, the inflammation is probably caused by the hypoglycemia. If I make myself get up and drink a glass of sugared milk I go right back to sleep. I've noticed that aspirin doesn't work as well as sugared milk at 2:00am so that says blood sugar to me.

I suspect my liver hasn't been the greatest; I don't think it is holding as much sugar in reserve as it needs to. I think that the antibiotics are to blame. I'm planning on this improving real soon now.

I'm lowering my dose of thiamine today, hopefully I'll be able to fine tune this better than it is now. Sleeping through the night and waking up pain free is the goal. If you are taking thiamine, it's best to get the last dose of the day in before 5:00pm or low blood sugar becomes an issue.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals