Estrogen in blood work is so confusing

tommyg130

Came off trt a few months ago and my Testosterone is sitting at about 570.

Estrogen I thought was rly low bc blood work showed that at the 3 month mark. E1 , e2 , and total estrogen.

At the 3 month mark, which was about a month ago
My e2 was at 12.0
Estrone very bottom of range
Total estrogen below range low.

Now only about 3 weeks later my Total T is at the same spot, but e2 went up to 28.5. More then doubled
But total estrogen went even lower below the range?

And DHEA went up from 370-425. Weird to me. My DHEA is at the tippy top of the range but my Test is only in the middle.

I thought I was low estrogen , but maybe I’m estrogen overloaded and it was stuck in the tissue. My DHEA and e2 both rose pretty dramatically without much change to T..

This pic I attached shows my estrogen being rly high following oral steroid 3 years ago before trt. Then while on trt, my estrogen read as normal basically and that number lowered. But did it rly just disappear all that estrogen? My progesterone was tanked too. So now maybe that I’m off trt and my progesterone is rising it is starting to liberate all the estrogen that was stuck in the tissue? And now that’s why my blood estrogen is seemingly rising for no reason?

I get in my head always whether I’m low estrogen from the steroids, or the opposite , but it was stuck In the tissue. Any insight on this rather complex issue please inform me.

Side note- my TSH is starting to lower since being off trt. It sits at 1.7. My cholesterol has been sky high for 2 years, id imagine bc whike on trt my pregnenlone was tanked messing up proper conversion .

I just don’t understand how my “total estrogen” is below range in the “pubertal” range, but my e2 is all the way at 30. Not that it’s overly high but it’s certainly not low

Attachments

• CD2B9525-6F13-4373-A8CD-E9B74021E783.jpeg
    CD2B9525-6F13-4373-A8CD-E9B74021E783.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited: