Pregnenolone reduces alcohol cravings in humans

Mauritio

This study showed that giving people 300 or 500mg of Pregnenolone reduced cravings in alcoholics and also normalized their stress parameters like cortisol and ACTH.

I cant get the full text, but the abstract only mentions the 300mg dose as effective, so I'm not sure about the 500mg dose.
But this is certainly in line with the recommendations that Peat has given on such and similar conditions or the pregnenolone -alcohol story he shared some time ago, where he gave 100mg of Pregnenlone to an alcoholic and he behaved normaly after that.

Peat used 100mg but I think in many cases that might not be enough, for some alcoholics 300mg sounds like a dose that should really strongly supress the whole stress cascade. Funny how Peat was ahead of his time once again...

- Pregnenolone effects on provoked alcohol craving, anxiety, HPA axis, and autonomic arousal in individuals with alcohol use disorder - PubMed

Here is the full Peat story:
"Behind alcoholism, it is common to find nutritional and endocrine problems, aswell as emotional or situational problems. Forexample, a man who had been unhappy with his work and had struggled with"alcoholism" for 13 years, gave me the impression of someone lacking the basic hormone precursor, pregnenolone. A few minutes after he took 100 mg of pregnenolone, his depression and anxiety disappeared. Later, he said "that's thefeeling I've been trying to get from alcohol,but it never worked." Pregnenolone, more powerfully than alcohol, lowers cortisol while stabilizing other systems. Its highest concentration in the body occurs in the brain, and its level declines sharply with aging it very likely makes a large contribution to the adaptiveness and sense of well-being which are characteristic of healthy young individuals."

Last edited:
OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

haidut

Forum Supporter
They did a similar study with pregnenolone on cocaine addicts and it had the same effects , only difference was that the 500mg dose was the effective one.

- Pregnenolone Reduces Stress-Induced Craving, Anxiety, and Autonomic Arousal in Individuals with Cocaine Use Disorder - PubMed

The second study has already been posted.

When you type up a post, the forum evaluates the text in it and will show related posts at the very bottom of the page. It is usually pretty good at showing stuff already posted in another thread.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

The second study has already been posted.

When you type up a post, the forum evaluates the text in it and will show related posts at the very bottom of the page. It is usually pretty good at showing stuff already posted in another thread.
Yes, I know. I must have missed it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals