Regina

Looking good!
:hattip

the liver was so awful. Seriously, wondering what the payoff is. I feel like I went to Nam and back.
It's just as horrible as I remembered from my childhood. Next time, twice as many onions and garlic and more goes to the dog. lol

Attachments

• liver.jpeg
    liver.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

TeslaFan

:hattip

the liver was so awful. Seriously, wondering what the payoff is. I feel like I went to Nam and back.
It's just as horrible as I remembered from my childhood. Next time, twice as many onions and garlic and more goes to the dog. lol

I usually eat liver as liver pâté.

artlange

the liver was so awful.
my wife feels the same about liver. I eat 4oz, she eats 3 oz, and needs a bribe of a few pieces of bacon. Last night i had some fresh ripe garden tomatoes with the liver and it seemed much better than usual.

Prosper

my wife feels the same about liver. I eat 4oz, she eats 3 oz, and needs a bribe of a few pieces of bacon. Last night i had some fresh ripe garden tomatoes with the liver and it seemed much better than usual.
Have you tried soaking the liver in full fat milk for a couple of hours & straining before cooking it? Doing so neutralizes and improves the taste A LOT, goes from almost uneatable to almost delicious.

Speedgal

I have just come across this thread and it seems interesting and very relevant to me. But because I can’t access the full paper of: Stress Increases Ethanol Self-Administration via a Shift toward Excitatory GABA Signaling in the Ventral Tegmental Area, I don’t know what they used in this study. And what may work for you folk? All I can say is I changed doctors today and the one I saw went over all the usual stuff and that included drinking and my BP. My BP is hereditary and always rockets up in the doctors surgery. I monitor it, I wish they’d just accept I am not a cretin and leave it at that. I run, I am not overweight, I lift weights I am fit (59 year old female) and a scientist (not a cretin). Anyway by the time I left there I was so stressed and have drunk more than intended tonight. I know if I’m stressed I can drink more than I would normally and it doesn’t even dent my capacity to think. So that’s why this paper echoes with me. But what to do? Please advise what may have worked for you. I am in Australia so things may be different here. PS I know my iron is fine.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have just come across this thread and it seems interesting and very relevant to me. But because I can’t access the full paper of: Stress Increases Ethanol Self-Administration via a Shift toward Excitatory GABA Signaling in the Ventral Tegmental Area, I don’t know what they used in this study. And what may work for you folk? All I can say is I changed doctors today and the one I saw went over all the usual stuff and that included drinking and my BP. My BP is hereditary and always rockets up in the doctors surgery. I monitor it, I wish they’d just accept I am not a cretin and leave it at that. I run, I am not overweight, I lift weights I am fit (59 year old female) and a scientist (not a cretin). Anyway by the time I left there I was so stressed and have drunk more than intended tonight. I know if I’m stressed I can drink more than I would normally and it doesn’t even dent my capacity to think. So that’s why this paper echoes with me. But what to do? Please advise what may have worked for you. I am in Australia so things may be different here. PS I know my iron is fine.

Pregnenolone (which lowers CRH and also inhibits cortisol activity in the cell) and naltrexone both reduce craving for drinking and the latter one was recently (and silently) approved for this purpose in the USA. Pregnenolone (in combination with niacinamide) can also restore the hormone imbalance (high estrogen, cortisol) caused by alcohol and withdrawal from it.
Recovering Steroidogenesis Inhibited By Alcohol And Drugs
Pregnenolone Is The Most Potent Inhibitor Of The Stress Signal (CRH)
The Anti-cortisol Mechanism Of Pregnenolone
Pregnenolone and ganaxolone reduce operant ethanol self-administration in alcohol-preferring p rats. - PubMed - NCBI

Speedgal

Pregnenolone (which lowers CRH and also inhibits cortisol activity in the cell) and naltrexone both reduce craving for drinking and the latter one was recently (and silently) approved for this purpose in the USA. Pregnenolone (in combination with niacinamide) can also restore the hormone imbalance (high estrogen, cortisol) caused by alcohol and withdrawal from it.
Recovering Steroidogenesis Inhibited By Alcohol And Drugs
Pregnenolone Is The Most Potent Inhibitor Of The Stress Signal (CRH)
The Anti-cortisol Mechanism Of Pregnenolone
Pregnenolone and ganaxolone reduce operant ethanol self-administration in alcohol-preferring p rats. - PubMed - NCBI
But of course neither of these are available legally without prescriptions so that only leaves thiamine. Which is depleted in the metabolism of alcohol and should probably be taken anyway. I also saw a passing reference to depletion of dopamine by fluorescent light which is interesting, I may do more reading around that. I work in horticulture and I do notice I always feel much better when outdoors. Funnily enough a couple of the things I think that stressed me so much yesterday, were the extraordinarily high temp of the rooms. As soon as I walked in I took my polarfleece off and I was still boiling! I don't feel the cold and we don't have much heating at all at home we have doors and windows open. This was so suffocating! And then there was the fact I realised that she took no account of the fact that I've had high BP since i was 18 and I have been monitoring and managing it all that time. I have records but it didn't seem that anything I said was heard. The conversation was all one way - just a 20 minute lecture. Not even a question about what do you do for work? Anyway next visit will be definitely back with my old doctor even if she charges more. You get what you pay for.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
But of course neither of these are available legally without prescriptions so that only leaves thiamine. Which is depleted in the metabolism of alcohol and should probably be taken anyway. I also saw a passing reference to depletion of dopamine by fluorescent light which is interesting, I may do more reading around that. I work in horticulture and I do notice I always feel much better when outdoors. Funnily enough a couple of the things I think that stressed me so much yesterday, were the extraordinarily high temp of the rooms. As soon as I walked in I took my polarfleece off and I was still boiling! I don't feel the cold and we don't have much heating at all at home we have doors and windows open. This was so suffocating! And then there was the fact I realised that she took no account of the fact that I've had high BP since i was 18 and I have been monitoring and managing it all that time. I have records but it didn't seem that anything I said was heard. The conversation was all one way - just a 20 minute lecture. Not even a question about what do you do for work? Anyway next visit will be definitely back with my old doctor even if she charges more. You get what you pay for.

You can order pregnenolone freely online from any US website that sells it. Same with niacinamide. Is niacinamide by prescription in Australia?

Speedgal

I see you can buy prenenolone off the net, including in Australia. But it is a hormone normally prescribed by doctors so I would be concerned that buying it off the net it could be anything, and that includes the strength. Supplement are notorious for fraud, contaminants etc. How do you know it is what it says it is? Niacinamide is no problem.

GAF

I would be concerned that buying it off the net it could be anything, and that includes the strength. Supplement are notorious for fraud, contaminants

in general, businesses like to stay in business and make a profit for a long time and not get shut down and risk jail.

Your fear is utterly irrational. Buy from strong stable companies with a long history and be happy to pay the going rate.

Haidut has some effective serotonin lowering products that can help with learned helplessness.

Speedgal

I sense a strong degree of conflict of interest and passive agressiveness. As I scientist I am capable of independent analysis and judgement.

Makrosky

I sense a strong degree of conflict of interest and passive agressiveness. As I scientist I am capable of independent analysis and judgement.
You can buy pregnenolone from healthnatura or from idealabs. Both are 100% legit. If not, buy it directly from sigma aldrich.

Makrosky

Thx. Yea, I'll have to try another way. :vomit: :meh:
What I do is I fry it in butter and put it in the blender with some fresh ripe fruit, 1Tbsp of collagen. The I drink the smoothie. It's not tasty but at least it's not disgusting.

Frankdee20

That's why people under quite a lot of stress craves for the high dopamine gives... Adrenaline from racing...sex... Betting ... Partying... Seeing new things(places... new clothes ...experiences... one night stand partners...)

And one form to stop going to extremities is by numbing stress with Gaba (alcohol...or things that increase blood sugar levels niacinamide cyproheptadine thiamine magnesium...things that are useful to stop addiction)

It’s funny that when I’ve drank to quell a stress reaction, it’s GABA that I’m looking for. But drinking to get that buzz or high or feel good reaction, that’s dopamine reward enforcement bar none.

Mito

Ferritin and iron saturation are indeed low. Are you taking anything that lowers iron? Aspirin, vitamin E, etc?
Do you think it’s the gamma tocopherol or alpha tocopherol that’s most responsible for the iron lowering effects of Vitamin E?

Waynish

Then she left and I sat alone in the room for an hour waiting for the nurse to come and draw blood.
And when I opened the results, her note was kinda like ,"See? See? Look what you've done with your stupid diet! Boy, you are in big trouble now. How are we gonna sort this mess out now?"

Lol! Do girls really do this to each other? If this was between two men... It just doesn't happen - at least in Chicago, which I've spent lots of time :P

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals