D-limonene Potently Decreases Stress Response And Gives Rise To A “dopamine Peak” At The 4h Mark

LeeLemonoil

Lemon too, mostly limonene but not as much as orange - though has more varied other minor terpenoids of cool effects.

Inaut

Is there too much d-limonene in orange peel oil?

Yes. As I said in an earlier post, approximately 90% of orange oil is d-limonene.

Edit: I've been taking about 2 grams a day of D-limonene and my mood/confidence/verbal fluency are much improved. I bounce around with my supps but I always come back to this for whatever reason.

Vinny

Edit: I've been taking about 2 grams a day of D-limonene and my mood/confidence/verbal fluency are much improved. I bounce around with my supps but I always come back to this for whatever reason.
2 grams?
How long did it take to get to that dose, Inaut? I mean, even a drop of a certain EO can make a hole in your stomach, like oregano EO. And, d-limonene is an EO, isn't it?

Vinny

LeeLemonoil

2 grams?
How long did it take to get to that dose, Inaut? I mean, even a drop of a certain EO can make a hole in your stomach, like oregano EO. And, d-limonene is an EO, isn't it?

Pedantery: D-Limonene is not an EO but a constituent of some and very high in the citrus oils like orange, lemon, grapefruit, bergamot, mandarin and others.

It’s much more gentle than Oregano oil which indeed is made up of harsh substances like thymol and carvacrol and minor others. These are still very useful and versatile molecules for many purposes but you wouldn’t want to ingest 2g of those.

Limone you probably work your way up one Capsule at a time.

Another way is to take either a few drop of the oil alone or diluted in a carrier oil or alcohol under the tounge - that way you’d need less for effects

Vinny

Pedantery: D-Limonene is not an EO but a constituent of some and very high in the citrus oils like orange, lemon, grapefruit, bergamot, mandarin and others.

It’s much more gentle than Oregano oil which indeed is made up of harsh substances like thymol and carvacrol and minor others. These are still very useful and versatile molecules for many purposes but you wouldn’t want to ingest 2g of those.

Limone you probably work your way up one Capsule at a time.

Another way is to take either a few drop of the oil alone or diluted in a carrier oil or alcohol under the tounge - that way you’d need less for effects
Thanks very much, Lee

Back
Top Bottom