D-limonene Potently Decreases Stress Response And Gives Rise To A “dopamine Peak” At The 4h Mark

Discussion in 'Scientific Studies' started by zarrin77, Jan 20, 2020.

1. zarrin77

zarrin77 Member

We have other studies showing that d-limonene decreases serotonin, cortisol, and norepinephrine when dosed chronically and acutely after stress.

This study mentions the following in the introduction of the full text:

“A compound extracted from orange peel, d-limonene, could have an even greater potential, because it has been shown that its metabolite perillyl alcohol ([POH] or perillic acid) induces a peak of dopamine at 4hr in the hypothalamus after administration of d-limonene.”

Thus, the anti-stress, 5-HT lowering, and dopamine increasing effects of d-limonene can account for the libido boost and feelings of calm that some people are reporting.

(FT uploaded)

Attached Files:

2. murdoc

murdoc Member

D-limonene really seems to be a peaty substance...anti stress, good for digestion and bile flow, antimicrobial activity...

3. Angel45

Angel45 Member

I've taken D-limonene for about a year now, but I have to split the dose up or I get the orange burps. I first used it as a heart burn solution and anti h-pylori which may have been causing the heart burn. It's about 98% gone but I still take the D-limonene for all other good reasons.

4. Mauritio

Mauritio Member

What benefits do you experience from it ?

5. Summer

Summer Member

I’m on day 5 of 1000mg/day of d-Limonene after I saw Inaut mention it in another thread. I’m taking it mainly for liver/gallbladder (diagnosed with Gilbert’s) and stress. I will say that I actually slept nearly 7 hours uninterrupted on my back last night which is something I haven’t been able to do in years and years. I pray that it happens again tonight.

6. Mauritio

Mauritio Member

Do you think its because of improved glycogen storage in the liver ?

7. Diddleum

Diddleum Member

It’s also the active ingredient in many citrus based cleaning products! I use it daily!

8. Gl;itch.e

Gl;itch.e Member

Keep us updated on this. For me the only thing I have found that helps with any semi-reliable efficacy is Aspirin.

9. Vinny

Vinny Member

Cool!

10. Summer

Summer Member

Honestly not sure. I think my hormones are out of whack due to my liver disfunction. I literally have had 24 hour anxiety for the past 15+ years. If this doesn’t work I’m going to try calcium d-glucarate.

I’ll let you guys know if the sleep is consistent. I would love to try aspirin but I have to be careful with it because of compromised liver detox function.

Yeah hopefully it manifests into actual results.

11. Peater Griffin

Peater Griffin Member

Are you spreading it throughout the day or taking it all at once before sleep?

12. Summer

Summer Member

All at once before bed.

I messed up last night and ate a lot of food two hours before bedtime. Sleep was awful :bag: