D-limonene Potently Decreases Stress Response And Gives Rise To A “dopamine Peak” At The 4h Mark

zarrin77

We have other studies showing that d-limonene decreases serotonin, cortisol, and norepinephrine when dosed chronically and acutely after stress.

This study mentions the following in the introduction of the full text:

“A compound extracted from orange peel, d-limonene, could have an even greater potential, because it has been shown that its metabolite perillyl alcohol ([POH] or perillic acid) induces a peak of dopamine at 4hr in the hypothalamus after administration of d-limonene.”

Thus, the anti-stress, 5-HT lowering, and dopamine increasing effects of d-limonene can account for the libido boost and feelings of calm that some people are reporting.

(FT uploaded)

Attachments

murdoc

D-limonene really seems to be a peaty substance...anti stress, good for digestion and bile flow, antimicrobial activity...

Angel45

I've taken D-limonene for about a year now, but I have to split the dose up or I get the orange burps. I first used it as a heart burn solution and anti h-pylori which may have been causing the heart burn. It's about 98% gone but I still take the D-limonene for all other good reasons.

Mauritio

I've taken D-limonene for about a year now, but I have to split the dose up or I get the orange burps. I first used it as a heart burn solution and anti h-pylori which may have been causing the heart burn. It's about 98% gone but I still take the D-limonene for all other good reasons.
What benefits do you experience from it ?

Summer

I’m on day 5 of 1000mg/day of d-Limonene after I saw Inaut mention it in another thread. I’m taking it mainly for liver/gallbladder (diagnosed with Gilbert’s) and stress. I will say that I actually slept nearly 7 hours uninterrupted on my back last night which is something I haven’t been able to do in years and years. I pray that it happens again tonight.

Mauritio

I’m on day 5 of 1000mg/day of d-Limonene after I saw Inaut mention it in another thread. I’m taking it mainly for liver/gallbladder (diagnosed with Gilbert’s) and stress. I will say that I actually slept nearly 7 hours uninterrupted on my back last night which is something I haven’t been able to do in years and years. I pray that it happens again tonight.
Do you think its because of improved glycogen storage in the liver ?

Diddleum

It’s also the active ingredient in many citrus based cleaning products! I use it daily!

Gl;itch.e

Keep us updated on this. For me the only thing I have found that helps with any semi-reliable efficacy is Aspirin.

Vinny

Cool!

Summer

Do you think its because of improved glycogen storage in the liver ?

Honestly not sure. I think my hormones are out of whack due to my liver disfunction. I literally have had 24 hour anxiety for the past 15+ years. If this doesn’t work I’m going to try calcium d-glucarate.

Keep us updated on this. For me the only thing I have found that helps with any semi-reliable efficacy is Aspirin.

I’ll let you guys know if the sleep is consistent. I would love to try aspirin but I have to be careful with it because of compromised liver detox function.

Yeah hopefully it manifests into actual results.

Are you spreading it throughout the day or taking it all at once before sleep?

Inaut

FYI guys, I once read that taking vitamin D with d limonene improves absorption substantially. Can’t find any specific studies or anything, just relaying the anecdotal info.... I think that would also apply topically. Today I stacked my limonene with Vitamin D (10000 IU). I’m not taking it everyday but it will be good to test out to see if it does in fact enhance vitamin D.

Foods for thoughts

OP
zarrin77

zarrin77

Here is a cool related study using orage peel extract. limonene constitutes 98% (by weight) of the essential oil obtained from orange peel.

It reversed the sexual dysfunction induced by paroxetine, one of the SSRIs most known to cause sexual side effects!

(Keep in mind, in the images below, every image that shows “orange peels” was actually “SSRI + orange peels”. The researchers did not test orange peels on their own.)

D8D7CDF6-3F5F-4EFD-BB91-29346C833736.jpeg

12692915-846E-46A3-9371-002FB45355DC.jpeg

66FDEECA-6D8C-4839-9D2E-7AE44989AA21.jpeg

BDA35FE6-5376-4586-8779-096FAD70F12F.jpeg

C92AB1F9-0723-4254-A3F3-3E2940DDC8E7.jpeg

Vinny

Would it work just to eat orange peels?

Inaut

You would get a small amount of limonene from eating peels (i've read 10-40mg if you were to eat two whole oranges...) Might be easier to buy orange essential oil as its 90+% D-Limonene. Pretty cheap too.

Vinny

You would get a small amount of limonene from eating peels (i've read 10-40mg if you were to eat two whole oranges...) Might be easier to buy orange essential oil as its 90+% D-Limonene. Pretty cheap too.
Didn't know the oil is 90%. Very good suggestion thanks
How about the dosage though?

Vinny

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom