Alcohol "addiction" Driven By Endotoxin (TLR4)

D

danishispsychic

Would higher alcohol content not kill the endotoxin sterilizing the gut?

actually, in an effort to kill blastohomonis - i read about this guy who killed it with shots of spirits. it worked for him.

jyb

Either way, administering the endotoxin (TLR4) antagonist naltrexone blocked the alcohol abuse behavior. This effect appears to be well-known by the FDA as naltrexone is even now prescribed off-label to curb excessive drinking even though the mechanism of action is officially listed as "unknown" because the official story is that "addiction" is genetic.
If endotoxin is the primary driver of alcohol abuse then antibiotics and charcoal should help curb it as well.

Is it due to effects on TLR4 or just blocking the opiate and reward system? The latter seems like a simpler explanation (not just alcohol but eating pasta, nicotine and so many other habit forming substances) but looks like it could be both... Opioid activation of toll-like receptor 4 contributes to drug reinforcement. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:

Frankdee20

Naltrexone has been a God send but I use it sparingly at 12-25 MG doses

jyb

Naltrexone has been a God send but I use it sparingly at 12-25 MG doses

That is quite huge compared to low-dose-naltrexone studies - I am not sure if you can expect the same benefits as in those, if that is what you were aiming for.

Frankdee20

That is quite huge compared to low-dose-naltrexone studies - I am not sure if you can expect the same benefits as in those, if that is what you were aiming for.

Fair statement but I have standard 50 mg tablets and it’s tough to get an accurate cut after scoring half of a half (12.5 mg)... When I do try, maybe it’s 4-6 MG... Idk... But I take this drug very occasionally...

Frankdee20

Also, Naltrexone seems to have effects on the HPA axis, and release of GNRH, LH, and Testosterone indirectly

jyb

Fair statement but I have standard 50 mg tablets and it’s tough to get an accurate cut after scoring half of a half (12.5 mg)... When I do try, maybe it’s 4-6 MG... Idk... But I take this drug very occasionally...

You may need to dissolve in water to dose precisely. Plenty of reports online to dose in microgram precision at home (ie 0.001mg) as some users need micrograms to get desired effects.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals