Dosage-Pregnenolone

Pam

HI-
I am very thankful I discovered this forum as I can see so much knowledge here. I hope I can get some clarity. I am a 50 year old who has had a hysterectomy and is Pregnenolone deficient-level is 40!!! My free testosterone is low and have not done well with an oral troche when trying to raise that level. My DHEA-S level is 99.1. I want to start supplementing with Pregnenolone and I am confused to sublingual, creams, and the capsule route. Also, the dosages on these products are so wide starting a 5mg to 100mg. I see some are taking in divided doses and others are taking a loading dose of 300mg weekly. I am not sure what approach to use or dosage. Any information would be well received to routes, dosages, times, and product information. Thank you in advance.

B

Braveheart

Welcome Pam!...Don't know if this will help you, but I take daily pregnenolone 20 mg IdeaLabs (StressNon)... 6 drops trans-dermal am/pm...and I have never felt better.

Sobieski

Word of advice, whatever brand or dosage or choose, make sure that it is clearly pure bio-identical pregnenolone. There are plenty of synthetic/impure supplements out there that will not have the desired effects due to their low quality. HealthNatura and Idealabs are both solid companies in this regard,

Lurker

Please note that if hormones are low this may be due to low cholesterol, low thyroid function, low vitamin A or potentially some other deficiency. In addition to supplementation, be sure to look at underlying causes. Adding fructose to the diet will raise cholesterol, liver for vitamin A, and avoiding pufa and adequate calories will help thyroid.

I’d would also recommend looking progesterone in vitamin E solution, Progest-E or Health Natura Simply Progesterone. It seems easier to find a clean source, excellent bioavailability and might have less side effects.

OP
Pam

Pam

Interesting enough my cholesterol is low and I was tested for vitamin deficiency which came back Vitamin A was low. It appears that my thyroid is functioning normally.