Can You Grow/improve Masculine Feautures After You Stunted This As A Teen?

Josh

I know I made a similar post before but because of the new blood test, just checking theres nothing else i’m missing.
I think i stunted my growth between the age of 14-18 and a bunch of other things.

CAUSE:
- At 14 i took tetracycline (Know to effect calcium metabolism) for like 8 months to combat acne.
- At 14 i also took accutane at 20mg for 1 month and then 40mg for like 2-3 weeks before i stopped after reading about the long term effects of accutane (reduction of DHT etc).
- From the age of 15-18 my diet went progressively worse and worse, just following main stream advice to the max, zero saturated/zero red meat, trying to reduce carbs/eating LOADS of raw veg, Zero dairy from the age of 15 and was taking a 500mg calc supplement back then which was probably pointless, literally just the worst diet ever. Very very very low calories!!
- At 17 I had testosterone levels of 3 (9-29 range), i remember getting re tested a few weeks later and it went up to 8 (9-29) and docs were happy with that HAHA! My testosterone was probably this low from the age of 15-19.
(Optimised my diet now and a lot of these hormones have improved massively as you can see from blood results below)

FAMILY GENETICS:
My dads 6ft, Mothers father is 6ft2, mothers brother is 6ft3, my mothers mothers father was tall and everyone in my family has developed bone structure. Even my sister who’s 17 is like 5ft8. My mother herself is like 5ft8 too.

CURRENT FEATURES:
I’m 21, 5ft9, with a very small stature, I stopped growing in any way back when i was 14, that includes my height/shoulder width/hip width/hand/feet/wrist/ankles etc etc, anything bone related. I have very low body hair, garden path is non existent (Hair connecting pubic hair to stomach), i am growing facial hair but it’s very very slow. I also don't have a deep voice. Even with all these higher male hormones like test/dhea etc? I look and feel very young.

So is there anyway i can improve all these things? I thought they would have improved after i optimised my hormones but have i really missed the mark between the age of 15-20? Is that the only gap you have to grow into a man?
blood tests: https://imgur.com/a/d4813g6
Diet: Current diet, Can change on a daily basis but this is the average.
(Most male hormones look fine, not sure if DHT is optimal though)
(I got my prolactin/cortisol/kidney all re tested 4 hours after waking up and all came back fine, prolactin: 186 and cortisol 363)

redsun

I know I made a similar post before but because of the new blood test, just checking theres nothing else i’m missing.
I think i stunted my growth between the age of 14-18 and a bunch of other things.

CAUSE:
- At 14 i took tetracycline (Know to effect calcium metabolism) for like 8 months to combat acne.
- At 14 i also took accutane at 20mg for 1 month and then 40mg for like 2-3 weeks before i stopped after reading about the long term effects of accutane (reduction of DHT etc).
- From the age of 15-18 my diet went progressively worse and worse, just following main stream advice to the max, zero saturated/zero red meat, trying to reduce carbs/eating LOADS of raw veg, Zero dairy from the age of 15 and was taking a 500mg calc supplement back then which was probably pointless, literally just the worst diet ever. Very very very low calories!!
- At 17 I had testosterone levels of 3 (9-29 range), i remember getting re tested a few weeks later and it went up to 8 (9-29) and docs were happy with that HAHA! My testosterone was probably this low from the age of 15-19.
(Optimised my diet now and a lot of these hormones have improved massively as you can see from blood results below)

FAMILY GENETICS:
My dads 6ft, Mothers father is 6ft2, mothers brother is 6ft3, my mothers mothers father was tall and everyone in my family has developed bone structure. Even my sister who’s 17 is like 5ft8. My mother herself is like 5ft8 too.

CURRENT FEATURES:
I’m 21, 5ft9, with a very small stature, I stopped growing in any way back when i was 14, that includes my height/shoulder width/hip width/hand/feet/wrist/ankles etc etc, anything bone related. I have very low body hair, garden path is non existent (Hair connecting pubic hair to stomach), i am growing facial hair but it’s very very slow. I also don't have a deep voice. Even with all these higher male hormones like test/dhea etc? I look and feel very young.

So is there anyway i can improve all these things? I thought they would have improved after i optimised my hormones but have i really missed the mark between the age of 15-20? Is that the only gap you have to grow into a man?
(I got my prolactin/cortisol/kidney all re tested 4 hours after waking up and all came back fine, prolactin: 186 and cortisol 363)

Lack of body hair/slow facial hair growth (also lacking facial hair) is just part of having a faster metabolism, having hair on the face and body doesnt make you manly. Manliness is in the mind and the face (lean, jawline) more than anything else. If jawline is cut (dont need to have necessarily perfect facial structure, just low BF) and you can pack on a good amount of muscle and stay lean you will look better than most everyone else.

Whatever bone structure you think you were supposed to have, the best answer is to accept it as is because it won't change at all probably in the next few years. Best bet to perhaps eat lots of animal protein and a diet rich in all minerals (looks like you already do that), not just the obvious Calcium/Phosphorus, all trace minerals if there is a chance the bones can grow that would be how. Don't play with supplementing things in the hopes you grow, not going to work and it can be counterintuitive to maintaining optimal health.

Looking young is a good thing, means you will age very well. But regardless focus on increasing muscle mass and looking more defined. Main thing is serum folate being low and it appears on cronometer your folate intake is low as well. You need to get much more folate in the diet to help remedy that.

Also cortisol is highish, consuming more carbs should bring it down. With faster metabolism, your needs for sugar are higher and if its not met cortisol stays high, so you likely need more.

Taking P5P can help lower prolactin. B6 as pyridoxal (which is more readily useable by the body) is present in animal products especially meat and is preferred source of B6 compared to plant form pyridoxine.

TheSir

Similar story here.
-took tetracycline, then accutane.
-Never grew further after 13-14.
-3 inches shorter than father, 5 inches shorter than predicted.
-thin wrists

I have a deep voice though which i developed before taking accutane. Lots of hair too. I don't know if there is much to be done about it, but I relate to your pain. If I knew what was at stage I would've rather chosen acne.

Looking young is a good thing, means you will age very well
There are at least two kinds of 'looking young': neoteny, which is childish features; and healthy soft tissue, which is the result of hormones. The former does not necessarily lead to good aging, especially in absence of the latter.

rei

estrogen is what stops your growth, the common consensus is that once growth plates close it is not possible to grow more. Despite this Ray has said he grew significantly after taking dhea IIRC, i personally have grown almost 5cm after progesterone and the resulting improvement in posture. I believe only through continued excessive hormone supplementation can you achieve actual growth (as opposed to increased length from correcting posture). DHT is what will make you more masculine, sadly it is almost impossible to source in most of the world.

CAUSE:

FAMILY GENETICS:

CURRENT FEATURES:

It could be from accutane? I took it for a year in high school and Im 5'10 or 11. Mind you my father is 6'8 and my mother is 5'5. It could also be low protein intake during puberty. What's good though is your hormones seem to have recovered :)

I would not worry about things you can not change. I would focus on a good diet with at least your body weight in protein. Also another thing to consider is maybe you take after your mom as far as height goes.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
estrogen is what stops your growth, the common consensus is that once growth plates close it is not possible to grow more. Despite this Ray has said he grew significantly after taking dhea IIRC, i personally have grown almost 5cm after progesterone and the resulting improvement in posture. I believe only through continued excessive hormone supplementation can you achieve actual growth (as opposed to increased length from correcting posture). DHT is what will make you more masculine, sadly it is almost impossible to source in most of the world.

At what age did you take Pregnenolone and grow the 5cm?

sugarisgreat

I can't remember his name, but a young man started a post on here about "becoming a man with Haidut" or something like that.
Changing his diet, using a lot of Kuinine (K2) seemed to be a big part of it.
Maybe you could ask Haidut or someone else on this site remembers the exact name of the post.
He really changed his appearance-from thin and boyish to looking like a man (and feeling better too).

TheSir

I can't remember his name, but a young man started a post on here about "becoming a man with Haidut" or something like that.
Changing his diet, using a lot of Kuinine (K2) seemed to be a big part of it.
Maybe you could ask Haidut or someone else on this site remembers the exact name of the post.
He really changed his appearance-from thin and boyish to looking like a man (and feeling better too).
Becoming A Man With Peat And Haidut

OP
J

Josh

Lack of body hair/slow facial hair growth (also lacking facial hair) is just part of having a faster metabolism, having hair on the face and body doesnt make you manly. Manliness is in the mind and the face (lean, jawline) more than anything else. If jawline is cut (dont need to have necessarily perfect facial structure, just low BF) and you can pack on a good amount of muscle and stay lean you will look better than most everyone else.

Whatever bone structure you think you were supposed to have, the best answer is to accept it as is because it won't change at all probably in the next few years. Best bet to perhaps eat lots of animal protein and a diet rich in all minerals (looks like you already do that), not just the obvious Calcium/Phosphorus, all trace minerals if there is a chance the bones can grow that would be how. Don't play with supplementing things in the hopes you grow, not going to work and it can be counterintuitive to maintaining optimal health.

Looking young is a good thing, means you will age very well. But regardless focus on increasing muscle mass and looking more defined. Main thing is serum folate being low and it appears on cronometer your folate intake is low as well. You need to get much more folate in the diet to help remedy that.

Also cortisol is highish, consuming more carbs should bring it down. With faster metabolism, your needs for sugar are higher and if its not met cortisol stays high, so you likely need more.

Taking P5P can help lower prolactin. B6 as pyridoxal (which is more readily useable by the body) is present in animal products especially meat and is preferred source of B6 compared to plant form pyridoxine.

Really? Fast metabolsim equals lower body and facial growth??
My facial bone structure is actually very defined since increasing T, was super bloated before, even though i weigh more now! I have a really pinny head though.

Yeah i've just started a folate supplement, only a few drops a day probably equaling to no more than 150mcg extra a day.

Yeah with the coritsol and prolactin, I believe they were high because literally the night before getting the bloods done i had literally 2 hours of sleep because ironically i was anxious about not sleeping and effecting my results for when i took them at 8:30am fasted. i got them re tested a week later, this time though i was advised to do it 4 hours after waking up about 11AM, also fasted and cortisol came back about 363 and prolactin about 181 so came down quite a lot but not sure if it was good to get it done 4 hours after waking up

OP
J

Josh

Similar story here.
-took tetracycline, then accutane.
-Never grew further after 13-14.
-3 inches shorter than father, 5 inches shorter than predicted.
-thin wrists

I have a deep voice though which i developed before taking accutane. Lots of hair too. I don't know if there is much to be done about it, but I relate to your pain. If I knew what was at stage I would've rather chosen acne.

There are at least two kinds of 'looking young': neoteny, which is childish features; and healthy soft tissue, which is the result of hormones. The former does not necessarily lead to good aging, especially in absence of the latter.

Yeah man it sucks, Honestly my wrists are ridiculously thin.

yeah i looked up neoteny as i had not heard of it before and i would say my facial structure is definitely not neoteny, i've got a very defined jaw line, i think what makes me look soo young is my extremely small stature, you know i was literally the same size as when i was 13-14 :/

opethfeldt

I'm in much the same position. Poor sleep and diet in my teens caused me to have an under performing puberty and stunted my dimorphic development. I definitely think maximizing male hormones as an adult (20+) helps but only with things like eyebrow thickness and position, beard growth rate and thickness, body hair, muscular development and the like. Anything bone related is pretty much out of the question, unfortunately. I've never heard of anyone past age 20 or so growing more bone, barring possible exception of the cheekbones from K2.

Good news is, even without the bone structure, high androgens will give you a more masculine appearance. Honestly, with high androgens, you are going to feel so good, you won't even care about how masculine your face is anyway.

rei

At what age did you take Pregnenolone and grow the 5cm?
not pregnenolone but progesterone. Slightly past 30. And it was posture change and probably less tension on joints causing the space between bones to increase, probably not that my skeleton would have grown.

T

TheBeard

CAUSE:

FAMILY GENETICS:

CURRENT FEATURES:

Massive androgen doses can still somewhat change you until 25.

TheSir

I wonder what Clint Eastwood did in early adulthood:

1571221213053.jpg

T

TheBeard

And i would say my lifestyle and diet is devoid of these things

No it's not. Unless you are in the middle of nowhere with no antennas, no pesticides, locally grown food, you're miles away from having clean androgen receptors.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals