I'm Just Losing Faith And Need Some Help

thomas00

What are your pulse and temps Jacob? If metabolism is low you'll never get going. If you are hypothyroid you can't fix it through diet change.

You seem to have a lot of allergy symptoms, not surprising given your gut problems. Have you tried taking ketotifen?

Kelj

I fixed hypothyroid through eating more. It is good to know what is possible.

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

Stay off weed is you are, and don't listen to the forcing jzeno makes please!
You had you best answers from the start!
+ the red light advice, because you seem to need to get back to a better circadian rythm following... this is a big piece actually in healing, more than we think.

What you eat is quite low in oxalate so this is good, and all the advices up there match for oxalate sensitive people, melons are al low.
Have you tried epsom salt bath and do you feel better with it?
There is sulfate in it, not only Mg...
I would just be careful with zinc sulfate if you need copper it will **** you up. Some people feel good with zinc but then they go on with it even when it does nothing visible any more, instead of stopping it.
Bs and methyl B12 and folate are probably one of the best thing...

but please SULFATE!
Do you know we loose muscles when we lack sulfate? Because the body scavenges our sulfur in the 2 aminos that are made with it.
I notice you dont seem to eat garlic and onion?
If you don't tolerate them it is a possible sign of lacking sulfur, because we need sulfur to assimilate it, so it needs to be build up. sulfur farts are a sign, and our body can help those vacterias because they give the survice of producing the needed sulfur!
Build up sulfur food to tolerance, and garlic has allithiamine too...
Ha, and sulfur lack can come from oxalate, because they share the same tramsport in the body...
Sulfur foods are all low in oxalate, cabbage family radish and alliums...

Yes, you're probably right, those signs like wounds behind ears, which were often painful, I had them since childhood, very dry skin, weak and damaged teeth,
Better mood and more energy during fever and as you pointed out, awful farts after sulphur rich foods.

And more: I almost forgot that even as a child I got periods of nausea or colic- like something lasting, e.x 3 days(!)

I always got frequent constipation, I just get used to it(!!)
I was almost always sleeping at the afternoon, after school, I was feeling very cold, had stomach pain, muscle cramps, I almost forgot about it all. So my problems didn't start 3 years ago, more like 12-13 years ago and it was just gradually getting worse...
Chronic vitamin and mineral deficiencies, that's for sure, combined with stress and that stress surely was( at least partially) caused by deficiencies.

And as to hypo, it could be from deficiencies, first my mother's deficiencies ;) then, it was just gradually slowly getting worse, combined with lots of stress, which was also( partially) caused by hypo and malnutrition created this nasty situation, where it seem to be no way out.
But I know there is way out!
Analasing it may help me, but won't 'heal' me.

Another thing is problen eating more, when you have sluggish digestion, nausea on the top of that, which is caused by hypo- but hypo is a result of undereating- and undereating is caused( in my case) by stress( in the past mainly) and nausea and lack of appetite, caused by... Hypothyroidism and gut problems/ endotoxins, which origins from... Hypo!? And malnutrition...

Famous vicious cycle shiet detected.

My pulse( at morning esp) is always too low, about 50-55, blood pressure- often 90/55 - 90-60 and, no surprise, I felt cold and apathetic.
My temp. if remember correctly, was like 36.3-4, though I haven't checked it for a long time.

So, you know, I know slowly metabolism is a obstacle to feel better, better gut function etc. but taking thyroid, I think may not help, cuz you need fuel. If you know what I mean, haha
All that situation, all this thread is so confused and contradictory that I just want to laugh :D

There is too much confusion, I can't get no relief.

Last edited:

Vinny

@Jacob28
Where are you getting the alpha amylase from?
Thanks

Sofia

I work physically very often at work, my job is like 40-90% lifting steel, I also quite often use a grinder, or drill in steel.

It seems everyone has different view on this topic, all that gut flora, poor appetite, antibiotics, one person advise not to eat when I'm nauseous, other person the opposite :)
A bit confusing to me.

I hope you're right Kelj.

I will try eating more, maybe lots of very ripe melons( very easy on digestion) pears, mangoes, persimons.

Now my biggest worry is, unfortunetely my poor response to fructose, also sucrose.
And damaged teeth, which I believe are very sensitive to acids in fruits.
Untill you recover,look for physically easy job, like librarian or smth else. I quit physical jobs, because i wast to weak. I do office job now. Just the salary is much smaller, but manage.

Zpol

I’m feeling similar to the original poster. I’m based in the UK and would like to know where to go or where to read up more on sending stool samples off for analysis. Thanks to anyone that has any info.
and @Jacob28

Personally I found Doctors Data comprehensive stool test to be valuable. Mainly to exclude the possibility of a parasite after having been exposed to one. But it turned up some other valuable information too, that being low elastase, pinpointing pancreas issues which cause gallbladder issues and impaired bile flow, hence the, constipation, gastritis, nausea, and lack of appetite, etc. Here's the phone number of Doctor's Data UK location 0871.218.0052 UK. Here's a link to the test I got Comprehensive Stool Analysis.

@Kelj I understand your point that it's imperative to get in those calories. Do you have any suggestions on how to get past nausea and subsequent vomiting? @Jacob28 has expressed this issue; I also have this problem. It just takes one single bite too much and the vomiting starts. So it's like one step forward and two steps back because taking that extra bite is what is needed to meet your calorie goals, and yet that extra bite could result in vomiting in which case you loose most of your meal anyway and scorch your esophagus in the process. Personally I have found self talk to be at least a little helpful, saying to myself "food goes down, stays down" but not enough to get me to 3000 calories, and trying to be relaxed at meals. Eating frequently helps too, like a few bites of high calorie food every half hour or so, but is not really feasible on work days.

sunraiser

Mate.

Eat a normal diet for a month. Include foods and recipes you enjoy, including dressings, sauces and combos you're craving. Include small sources of whole grains to craving if you have any you enjoy. Walk every day - force yourself out of the house and walk as long as feels good (ideally in nature), then go home. If you ever feel like jogging or running during your daily walks, do it. Include some calcium fortified white bread as a non phosphorous laden calcium source (to craving). Get off the forum for a month, too.

A supplement cannot fix you. It cannot, I'm sorry. Dedicate a month to normality and not reading about health and see how you get on. You can absolutely feel well again, without fail - that I can promise you.

Forget calories, forget health neuroticism (easier said than done, but it does get easier); those things have only led you into this unpleasant situation. The nausea will pass, but you won't feel robust hunger immediately it'll be more "i kind of want to eat now but I could also not".

Last edited:

sunraiser

Mate.

Eat a normal diet for a month. Include foods and recipes you enjoy, including dressings, sauces and combos you're craving. Include small sources of whole grains to craving if you have any you enjoy. Walk every day - force yourself out of the house and walk as long as feels good (ideally in nature), then go home. If you ever feel like jogging or running during your daily walks, do it. Include some calcium fortified white bread as a non phosphorous laden calcium source (to craving). Get off the forum for a month, too.

A supplement cannot fix you. It cannot, I'm sorry. Dedicate a month to normality and not reading about health and see how you get on. You can absolutely feel well again, without fail - that I can promise you.

Forget calories, forget health neuroticism (easier said than done, but it does get easier); those things have only led you into this unpleasant situation. The nausea will pass, but you won't feel robust hunger immediately it'll be more "i kind of want to eat now but I could also not".

Also, as an added note, if I were to take all the magnesium you were taking I would have zero appetite, anxiety and zero energy. The magnesium obsession on the internet is exagerrated bull****. Stop talking supplements, seriously. Forget daily nutrient intakes. Just allow yourself to be for a while and give yourself the space to feel some normality again!

jzeno

@Jacob28

What I would recommend is a 'modified' Gerson diet--it has many similarities to Peat's work, with some variances that you can decide which you believe is the best for you. The primary element is incorporating fresh vegetable juices from things like bell peppers (full of vitamins and easily digestible) produced by a masticating juicer (as opposed to a centrifugal juicer) to preserve the freshness and potency of the juice and its nutrients.

You can read about Gerson's guide to juicers here (The Gerson Guide to Juicers | Gerson Institute) but the gist is for non-cancerous patients, just make sure it is a masticating juicer. For an example of cheap masticating juicers: Here is a Tribest Slowstar--a small, compact, quiet, and relatively cheap masticating juicer. I bought a refurbished (used but in good condition) one for $228 USD (864.04 złoty), for reference.

After that, both Ray Peat and Gerson recommend well-cooked vegetables, fruits, fruit juices, and animal foods for non-cancer patients. The Gerson Protocol for cancer patients is much more strict, but Dr. Gerson's recommendations for people who are not sick with cancer are more relaxed. Here are the general guidelines according to Gerson: https://gerson.org/gerpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Gerson-Guidelines-for-General-Nutrition.pdf. I wouldn't recommend focusing on the areas where Peat and Gerson diverge, but focus on the areas where they both agree: fresh vegetable juices, well-cooked potatoes and vegetables, fresh fruit juices (as opposed to store-bought), animal foods. If they both agree that generally speaking these things are beneficial, then it would make sense that you don't have anything to fear when trying to incorporate these foods. You can then give them a try, see what works for you, then adjust accordingly.

There are a few areas where Gerson and Peat diverge. They include salt and meat and animal foods. You can decide if animal foods are right for you or if you want to increase or decrease salt. There are a lot of opinions of salt and these other topics on this forum, but the important part is to first focus on the areas where you find agreement, then move to the more controversial topics as you get some stability.

Regarding supplements: Personally, if possible I would take a break from supplements, but if you don't think that's a good idea, then ignore it. You can come back to that later. My primary concern would be to improve your diet, then you can revisit the other details. Both Peat and Gerson suggest that you should be critical of supplements, generally speaking, and recommended to get nutrients from foods and only use supplements when absolutely necessary.

Regarding lactose and milk: If you have issues with milk, I recommend starting with lactose-free milk. I still drink it today just because I digest it so well.

So to recap, you've got your foods you eat today. Add in vegetable juices, fruit juices (OJ in particular), add in well-cooked vegetables, add in some animal foods that you think are beneficial (eggs, meat, shell fish, dairy) and you've got the beginnings of a very good diet that is a starting point.

If you move in this direction, I think you'll begin to see success and you'll slowly begin to make changes that are better for you and once you begin to experience some success and some improvement, you'll begin to have more confidence and energy to tackle the bigger things.

And lastly, I think any mention of Gerson should discuss enemas. I think coffee enemas are extremely important to help assist the liver and colon to remove waste. But many people are afraid when it comes to enemas. Nonetheless, if you or anyone is curious, they are highly recommend and not at all hard to do. If you ever feel inclined to add those in the future or now, I highly recommend them.

jzeno

Just wanted to take a moment to criticize this post

>and don't listen to the forcing jzeno makes please!

@Xisca

This has got to be some of the dumbest advice I've seen on this forum. The guy is having huge digestion issues and you want him to take more supplements? That makes no sense. For all we know it's all the supplements causing the issue.

And, to criticize my suggestion seems silly because all I'm suggesting is that he continue what he is doing right now, but adding in some other foods that are more appetizing then potato slop. And yet your suggestion is to 'add sulfur' to his diet when you didn't make any suggestions that deal with the crux of his issue: He doesn't want to eat and can't eat very well. You really think adding another supplement, when he already said he is tired of taking them (sometimes forgets), is going to help? What I'm suggesting is he continue what he's doing but slightly change his direction by a degree or two and see how that goes, then make adjustments from there. Adding sulfur seems completely unreasonable. What I'm trying to suggest is at least reasonable: "Stay on your current path but adjust a bit and see how that goes and go from there". Not "just add sulfur. You're fine. Your diet is perfect." Even though he doesn't eat and doesn't want to eat and in some cases can't eat. The logic in that is ridiculous.

Asinine.

I think @Kelj 's advice is closer to the correct mark. He doesn't want to eat because his food is disgusting (not palatable), so he doesn't want it. So Kelj says, try eating something different if you have a craving and see what happens. A little chocolate, a little steak, etc. It won't kill you and you will probably learn something.

Now, if you said "try adding sulfur and do this --" I might see the logic, but to tell the guy "Yes, 2,000 calories of potato slop every day is an ideal diet--just add sulfur" seems like the most unintelligent thing I've heard. Obviously, he doesn't want to take supplements so suggesting to add more just seems borderline moronic.

Momentum

Stay off weed is you are, and don't listen to the forcing jzeno makes please!
You had you best answers from the start!
+ the red light advice,

What you eat is quite low in oxalate so this is good, and all the advices up there match for oxalate sensitive people, melons are al low.
Have you tried epsom salt bath and do you feel better with it?
There is sulfate in it, not only Mg...
I would just be careful with zinc sulfate if you need copper it will **** you up. Some people feel good with zinc but then they go on with it even when it does nothing visible any more, instead of stopping it.
Bs and methyl B12 and folate are probably one of the best thing...

but please SULFATE!
Do you know we loose muscles when we lack sulfate? Because the body scavenges our sulfur in the 2 aminos that are made with it.
I notice you dont seem to eat garlic and onion?
If you don't tolerate them it is a possible sign of lacking sulfur, because we need sulfur to assimilate it, so it needs to be build up. sulfur farts are a sign, and our body can help those vacterias because they give the survice of producing the needed sulfur!
Build up sulfur food to tolerance, and garlic has allithiamine too...
Ha, and sulfur lack can come from oxalate, because they share the same tramsport in the body...
Sulfur foods are all low in oxalate, cabbage family radish and alliums...

@Xisca I'm fairly new to the oxalate topic (sadly from way overdoing them lately), but according to TLO and Sally Norton potatoes are medium to very high oxalate. (I don't know the politics behind oxalate testing, but I'm reading there is a lot of misinformation on the web.) The only potatoes that were somewhat low were tiny peeled/boiled red potatoes @ around 4mg/ 1/2 cup, but all the other potatoes tested came in at between 10-20 mg/ 1/2 cup (or 78mg). So, Jacob, I think you are not only getting a lot of oxalate: potatoes (you could be getting between 280-600mg of oxalate. <100mg would be the goal), banana 8 mg, melons are generally low, rice is super low. But those potatoes are a nightshade and that might be giving you an issue.

Agree with Xisca about the sulphur. If you have trouble taking it then you may be deficient in molybdenum.
The gut upset could be from candida - which you are feeding with those cooked potatoes. But many of your symptoms also sound like Mast Cell problems. Have you tried taking a histamine 1 and histamine 2 blocker to see if it settles your gut? These would be certain allergy medications and then acid blockers. But I'm thinking you're feeding the bad bugs. Actually, maybe both. The histamine blockers may help with some symptoms. They helped me with appetite and stopped crazy intestine pain and churning (thought my appendix was going to burst at times). I was only on them a few short weeks while I got offenders out, and reducing inflammation. They also help if you are reacting to chemicals, soaps, perfumes, cleansers, etc. For me these issues have gotten much better very recently lowering my oxalate load.

Back to oxalates - pumpkin, sunflower and flax seeds are low. All others are high.
Very low veggies - peas, broccoli, asparagus, Brussel's sprouts, onions, mushrooms, garlic, winter squash, cabbage, zucchini squash is low
Lettuce, green is low - romaine, butter, watercress, etc
Spinach, some Kales, Chards, beets, are high
Almost all nuts are high :-(
Coconut is very low (unsweetened, toasted with butter and real salt....Yum!)
Coffee is low
Black and green tea are high, herbals are usually low
Dairy is pretty much zero
Grains are fairly high, but jasmine rice is the lowest
Dark chocolate - very high
Most spices including ginger, turmeric, cloves, cinnamon are high
Clementine (tangerines?) are high
But lemon and lime juice is low and good to help rid body of oxalate

Are you digesting protein? Part of me wants to suggest a meat and rice with quality butter diet for a few days, but if you are very high in oxalate this could cause a catastrophic dump for some people.

Also, I'm surprised no one has said anything yet, but if you are a steal worker I wonder what is your increased risk for heavy metal contamination? I know someone who was a certain type of welder and he got extremely poisoned from whichever metal he was working with. And good grief, we are all dealing with heavy metal exposure daily in the air we breath and pretty much everything we eat - even if organic.

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

Just wanted to take a moment to criticize this post

>and don't listen to the forcing jzeno makes please!

@Xisca

This has got to be some of the dumbest advice I've seen on this forum. The guy is having huge digestion issues and you want him to take more supplements? That makes no sense. For all we know it's all the supplements causing the issue.

And, to criticize my suggestion seems silly because all I'm suggesting is that he continue what he is doing right now, but adding in some other foods that are more appetizing then potato slop. And yet your suggestion is to 'add sulfur' to his diet when you didn't make any suggestions that deal with the crux of his issue: He doesn't want to eat and can't eat very well. You really think adding another supplement, when he already said he is tired of taking them (sometimes forgets), is going to help? What I'm suggesting is he continue what he's doing but slightly change his direction by a degree or two and see how that goes, then make adjustments from there. Adding sulfur seems completely unreasonable. What I'm trying to suggest is at least reasonable: "Stay on your current path but adjust a bit and see how that goes and go from there". Not "just add sulfur. You're fine. Your diet is perfect." Even though he doesn't eat and doesn't want to eat and in some cases can't eat. The logic in that is ridiculous.

Asinine.

I think @Kelj 's advice is closer to the correct mark. He doesn't want to eat because his food is disgusting (not palatable), so he doesn't want it. So Kelj says, try eating something different if you have a craving and see what happens. A little chocolate, a little steak, etc. It won't kill you and you will probably learn something.

Now, if you said "try adding sulfur and do this --" I might see the logic, but to tell the guy "Yes, 2,000 calories of potato slop every day is an ideal diet--just add sulfur" seems like the most unintelligent thing I've heard. Obviously, he doesn't want to take supplements so suggesting to add more just seems borderline moronic.

Well, you kind of misunderstood me, I haven't said I eat only potato slop( nota bene slightly sweet and with added butter, ginger, turmeric, coconut milk, egg yolks or eggs and cod quite tasty) I eat various things like beef, even regularly cooked potatoes( non sloppy) some soups( pork soup, mainly from pork bone)
I also love cow stomachs- tripe( Polish dish) and some sausages, sometimes partially from pork and veal.
I like chicken stomachs, some liver and
cheese.
The problem is when I have strong nausea, no food looks appetizing or tasty to me, even most delicious, luscious and mouth watering dishes.
It just gets hard to swallow.

Now I think it all could be from Dairy, or some supplements.
I feel particularly bad and sick after ingesting microcrystaline cellulose, or I guess worse, silicon dioxide.

But I want to have hardy intestines, mostly resistant to bad stuff.
I want to eat lots of starch, potatoes( which as you may noticed are basic source of calorie in Polish cuisine)
Some rutabaga, rice, meats, offal, milk, cheese, bananas and pears without gas or feeling full after few bites.

lampofred

Don't mean to overwhelm you but you could also try casein powder and milk powder as a way to get nutrients and protein in your system so that serotonin can go down. Nathan Hatch mentioned that casein changed his life. Also aspirin might lower stress and stimulate appetite. B12 (in oysters) can counteract nitric oxide and the zinc can raise appetite.

Has @redsun seen this thread? He usually posts in threads like these recommending certain organ meats and B-vits to increase protein reserves, stomach acid, and lower 5ht, and people often say it works.

Last edited:

thomas00

Low temps, low pulse, constipation...
This man is probably hypothyroid.

And this thread is full of weird advice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals