YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT

OP
Rinse & rePeat
@haidut said….

“The one thing that I disagree on with the study is that narcissism is part of a "normal" people's persona. In my experience, the higher the narcissism the more hypothyroid/hypometabolic the person is. So it is certainly not something "normal" for a healthy adult to exhibit. For example, it is well known among psychologists and psychiatrists that narcissism is virtually non-existent in children. Its development happens to coincide with onset of puberty, which (as Peat mentioned) is when metabolism takes the first major dive. As an additional confirmation, I know several people who are high in the pecking order (e.g. big company executives) and were extremely narcissistic and even psychopathic in the past. After beginning to use cyproheptadine or ondansetron on a regular basis these people changed so dramatically that they no longer fit the requirements for executives and two of them left their C-level positions to seek their passion elsewhere. One of them told me a month ago that he "does not feel an interest any more in making a ton of money and controlling other people's lives". Not bad for a few month's worth of antiserotonin regimen.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“But in tests afterward, cortisol levels were lower in the sugar consumers and higher in the aspartame group.

The post-diet M.R.I. showed increased activity in the areas of the brain controlling fear and stress in the sugar group. The aspartame group showed decreased activity in those areas.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Gelatin is very rich in glycine, which has been linked to brain function.

One study found that taking glycine significantly improved memory and certain aspects of attention (2Trusted Source).

Taking glycine has also been linked to an improvement in some mental health disorders, such as schizophrenia.

Although it is not entirely clear what causes schizophrenia, researchers believe amino acid imbalances may play a role.

Glycine is one of the amino acids that has been studied in people with schizophrenia, and glycine supplements have been shown to reduce some symptoms (18Trusted Source).

It has also been found to reduce the symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) (19Trusted Source).”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Wouldn't it be nice if there was a substance capable of beneficially affecting both pathways, and without the severe side effects associated with the pharma drugs mentioned above? Well, vitamin B6 (P5P) is exactly such a substance since, as explained above, it increases GABA levels while also lowering glutamate levels by helping convert glutamate into GABA. Simple, right? Well, despite the obviousness of vitamin B6 potential and the numerous older studies confirming its benefit in both animal models and human studies, mainstream medicine continues to claim that vitamin B6 is ineffective for any mental/neurological condition. The study below may change that attitude, as it demonstrates the administration of 100mg pyridoxine Hcl (which converts into P5P) for just 30 days was effective in relieving both anxiety and depression in humans, and without causing any serious side effects.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“More recent studies confirmed the primary pathological role of serotonin in psychotic diseases such as schizophrenia by demonstrating strikingly fast resolution of most symptoms by administering serotonin antagonists that do not affect the dopaminergic system.”

“…which is quite unsurprising considering stress elevated serotonin and lowers dopamine. In fact, chronic unpredictable mild stress (CUMS) is a proven method for inducing psychotic conditions in animals. Yet the medical profession continues to claim that the role of stress in mental disorders is "controversial" - i.e. we by now that this means "true, but threatening to profits if widely known".”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“GABA is one of the most important inhibitory neurotransmitters, and studies of animals with autism-like symptoms have found reduced GABA activity in the brain. However, until now, there has been no direct evidence for such a link in humans. “This is the first connection in humans between a neurotransmitter in the brain and an autistic behavioral symptom,” says Caroline Robertson, a postdoc at MIT’s McGovern Institute for Brain Research and a junior fellow of the Harvard Society of Fellows. “It’s possible that increasing GABA would help to ameliorate some of the symptoms of autism, but more work needs to be done.””

“Another benefit of the sprouting process is that it softens the bran layer of the rice, allowing the rice to cook faster, softer and easier to digest than traditional brown rice. Sprouted brown rice has four times the GABA content of regular brown rice, and over ten times the GABA of white rice!”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
1705433644412.jpeg

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“So, when you're consuming MSG, the level of glutamate in the blood can rise as high as 20-fold. You get very high glutamate levels in the blood after eating a meal containing MSG. You're stimulating all of the glutamate receptors. That's why some people get explosive diarrhea, because it stimulates the receptors in the esophagus and small bowel. Others may develop irritable bowel, or if they have irritable bowel, it makes it a lot worse. If they have reflux, it makes that a lot worse. The thing about the cardiac conduction system glutamate receptors is this may explain the rise in sudden cardiac death.

What you see in almost all these cases is low magnesium. When the magnesium level is low, the glutamate receptors become hypersensitive, and so people -- athletes in particular, if they are not supplementing with magnesium -- are prone to sudden cardiac death, because of the glutamate receptors. If they eat a meal or something that contains glutamate or drink a diet cola before practice, it will produce such intense cardiac irritability, they'll die of sudden cardiac death. We know the sudden cardiac death is due to two things: Most commonly arrhythmia and cardio artery spasm. Both of which can be produced by glutamate.

Mike: Of course, that death certificate doesn't say they died from MSG.

Dr. Blaylock: No, and it's not going to, because the admitting physician doesn't know the first thing about any of this research. They've never heard of it. In fact, most cardiologists I've spoken with have never heard of this. They didn't know there were glutamate receptors throughout the electrical conduction system and in the heart muscle itself. You have a million patients in this country with arrhythmias that are life-threatening, and no one's telling them to avoid MSG and aspartame, yet it's a major source of cardiac irritability.

Mike: It's absolutely astounding. Now, didn't baby food manufacturers voluntarily remove this ingredient in the '70s?

Dr. Blaylock: They said they would, but they didn't. What they did is take out pure MSG and substitute it with hydrolyzed protein and caseinate. If you look at most toddler foods, they all have caseinate hydrolyzed protein broth, a significant source of glutamate.

Mike: We're destroying the nervous systems of these babies.

Dr. Blaylock: Exactly. Now, one of the things we're hearing a lot about is childhood obesity. One early observation with exitotoxicity is it makes animals grossly obese.

Mike: If they banned MSG, the drug companies would lose billions. Think about how much money they make treating all of these symptoms.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Just wanted to everyone know that I am creating my own site where all my “Peaty” recipes will be well organized. I hope to see you there when I get some content in. Leave me a message at the email address below so I can put you on my mailing list and contact you when it is ready to go!

My website is: www.raymendeat.com

Ray_Mend_Eat

Email me at [email protected]

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals