Ray Peat Eats Fried Chicken Wings?

Birdie

@abruzzi That chicken still has all the problems I listed maybe they don't citric acid a frozen chicken but the feed is still high methionine and not biologically appropriate and they still brine. I look for chicken with the lowest % water.

Chicken is the only meat that gives me kidney discomfort.

I'm not saying it's terrible but I'm liking chicken less and less as a meat option, they just don't have the protective functions ruminant animals do.
I never eat chicken. Doesn't appeal to me. I wonder which chicken wings Ray eats. Or ate. When he said he liked to eat them I don't know. He could have been in Mexico and getting local chicken wings.

@abruzzi thanks for the Sprouts info. They are building one in our area, so I might try those.

abruzzi

I never eat chicken. Doesn't appeal to me. I wonder which chicken wings Ray eats. Or ate. When he said he liked to eat them I don't know. He could have been in Mexico and getting local chicken wings.

@abruzzi thanks for the Sprouts info. They are building one in our area, so I might try those.
My understanding is that air-chilled reduces water content. I could be wrong. I'm not sure where the brine comes into it. It seems like just air-chilled wings, pasture raised, etc.

But, I'm not as into this as many people on here. We're all going to die of something someday. My goal is to just eat a relatively healthy diet. If I followed everything that people say, I literally don't know what I would eat.

I definately think carnivores are just as nuts as vegans. The topic of nutrition is complex, and I don't pretend to be an expert.

If interested, here is a great interview with Georgi Dinkov.

View: https://www.bitchute.com/video/XRpwnbjEl2SE/

RealNeat

Chickens don't make bacon silly..but you do have a point with the diapers. Buying the best of the best is the only way to go.
I'm confused lol what do you mean about the bacon.

RealNeat

My understanding is that air-chilled reduces water content. I could be wrong. I'm not sure where the brine comes into it. It seems like just air-chilled wings, pasture raised, etc.

But, I'm not as into this as many people on here. We're all going to die of something someday. My goal is to just eat a relatively healthy diet. If I followed everything that people say, I literally don't know what I would eat.

I definately think carnivores are just as nuts as vegans. The topic of nutrition is complex, and I don't pretend to be an expert.

If interested, here is a great interview with Georgi Dinkov.

The reason I talk or listen to talk about food issues is not to diminish options but to encourage informed consumerism. We shape the world with our purchases. I want to know when I'm compromising as opposed to not. Many people eat the same thing day in and day out, that makes the things we do eat an important part of our health and knowing what's in them can help us to navigate.

Some people want to know more others want to know less. I want to know as much as I can so I can navigate the waters myself, no matter how murky the waters get.

tallglass13

I'm confused lol what do you mean about the bacon.
Oh, I was just foolin, but We were mentioning about how Ray Refries his Bacon, but you were talking about Chickens and its negative issues. I did note that Ray has never mentioned eating chicken himself, but he does have a habit as he Calls it of eating Pork, bacon.

Birdie

I'm getting into the "relatively healthy diet" idea too. I did some chicken wings but they're in the freezer now. If we get desperate... Nutrition was my field, or part of it, but meeting Ray's ideas made me do a little pivot and for the best!!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals