YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Water retention was so clearly involved in seizures that increased water intake was used as a diagnostic procedure. (R. Grinker) Unfortunately, animal experiments showed that water intoxication increased susceptibility to seizures even in normal individuals. Low sodium content in the body fluids also predisposed to seizures, so that someone with hyponatremia (low blood sodium) would be more susceptible to induction of a seizure by excessive water intake.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“I have a confession to make- it all started with an unwelcome box of mini wheats my fiancé bought last Monday. One unfortunate evening, when I was too lazy to overcome the convenient allure of cereal, I told myself, "well, at least they're frosted."

Within an hour of eating the bowl of mini wheats, intense cravings for more. I experienced the opiate effect I've heard about. Then, days of sudden acute depression. Mind you I couldn't stop eating the damn things that whole time. No exaggeration here, I spent 2 days at home from work in a daze, wanting to do nothing except sleep all day and eat mini wheats. I've had severe depression before and this was like being dropped right back into the midst of it.

Somehow I dragged myself to the supermarket and while walking down one of the aisles I experienced an intense craving for condensed milk. I went with my gut and bought a can, got home, opened up the can and dug right in. Half a can later I felt myself coming back to life, depression and lethargy fading. Hours later, I was my normal self.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat

Attachments

• 22D97A78-9786-4711-986F-FD3D001BB7DC.jpeg
    22D97A78-9786-4711-986F-FD3D001BB7DC.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 16
OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The developmental and physiological significance of the type of fatty acid in the diet has been established for a long time, but cultural stereotypes and commercial interests are threatened by it, so it can't be discussed publicly.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The highest concentration of cholesterol occurs in the brain, where it plays an especially important role in memory formation. Seniors with the highest cholesterol levels have the best memory function. Cholesterol also plays a major role in regulating serotonin levels in the brain – low cholesterol levels are associated with depression, anti-social behavior and even suicide.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“At 2 weeks, the score of state anxiety was significantly lower in the intervention group than the control group. The intervention participants’ scores of depression-dejection, fatigue and confusion in POMS were better than the control group scores. Mental fatigue were also relieved after the intervention. At 4 weeks, there were no significant differences between both groups.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Even in rich cultures, protein deficiency, inappropriate exercise, and emotional tension will contribute to premature aging of the individual, and damage to the offspring.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Rosemary fights against many different diseases and pathogens that threaten the immune system and damage the body. Antioxidant compounds behave like a secondary line of defense behind the body’s own immune system. Rosemary contains a significant amount of such powerful compounds, including compounds like rosmarinic acid, betulic acid, caffeic acid and carnosol.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Everyone who described Blake’s physical appearance remarked on his large head. Blake commented that he didn’t like to travel or undergo physical strain, because of its effects on his health. The brain is an energetically expensive organ, which consumes large amounts of glucose. A very large brain puts a special burden on the liver’s ability to store energy, and is likely to make a person conscious of physiological processes. Blake’s descriptions of the process of seeing show that he was integrating his experience into his knowledge, describing brain physiology, incorporating his perceptions and the best scientific knowledge that was available to him, into a philosophical description of the place of conscious life in the world. The pulsation of an artery was the unit of time, a red blood corpuscle was the unit of space, enclosing eternity and infinity, eliminating arbitrary and abstract entities, and placing human life within cosmic life, while revealing cosmic life within the individual.“ —Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“As of 6/18/23
-It was like a switch went on. Thinking is MUCH MUCH clearer,
-Way more physical energy,
-Negative thinking reduced dramatically.
-Temp improved to 96.5-98.1 range. Very odd to see 98 on the thermometer.
-Pulse improved to 60-70 range.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat

Attachments

• 1964487F-AAE4-43BC-9D73-DAA6F2E7E26B.jpeg
    1964487F-AAE4-43BC-9D73-DAA6F2E7E26B.jpeg
    267.3 KB · Views: 8
  • C8166EFE-4DDA-48EB-94E8-9239A58701E3.jpeg
    C8166EFE-4DDA-48EB-94E8-9239A58701E3.jpeg
    296 KB · Views: 8
  • 240A9952-A3BD-44CB-92D9-74E31C41E29E.jpeg
    240A9952-A3BD-44CB-92D9-74E31C41E29E.jpeg
    322 KB · Views: 8
OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Russian medicine considers glycine a brain drug and it is available by prescription there since the 1950s AFAIK. There has been considerable interest in the Western world lately about so-called glycine agonists for treatment of many psychiatric conditions including bipolar depression, dementia, PTSD, etc. Below are some studies related to glycine research for schizophrenia, and they point to other studies on glycine for many brain conditions. The human dosage used was high - 60g-80g, but it is achievable by supplementation with gelatin or powdered glycine.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Salvia officinalis comes from the Latin word meaning ‘to heal’ and is widely used in both culinary and medicinal preparations. Many species of Salvia are native to Mediterranean Europe and have been traditionally used for the treatment of a range of problems including digestive and circulation disturbances, bronchitis, coughs, asthma, memory problems, angina, mouth and throat inflammation, depression and excessive sweating. Salvia plants are traditionally noted for their antioxidant effects and ability to enhance ‘head and brain’ function, improve memory, quicken the senses, and delay age-associated cognitive decline [1].

In this review, the active constituents in plants belonging to the genus Salvia are summarised, and their influence on pharmacodynamic activity pertinent to cognition are detailed. In particular, the effects of plants belonging to the genus Salvia and their constituents on cognitive skills including memory, attention and learning are detailed. Their potential effects in dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease, are also reviewed.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Food also affects our character. If someone needs optimism, he should eat an apple, and if a person wants to calm down, then pear is a good choice.

Fruits are among the healthiest foods in the world. But we can only benefit from them if we eat them at the right time and in the right way. Yes, you will notice a big difference in your health if you follow the tips for consumption.”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals