A Piece Of Dough Can Learn Just Like Animals And Humans

milk_lover

Ok but the book is taken credit for the people sent before you,you waited to read the quote before thinking it's ok.
In the real world however you are using multiple lenses even if claimed to use one book,everything is A lenses of sort,my point would be to see the lenses in everything as having equal merit to the bibles/quarans.
No, even if the verse were not there, I would still seek knowledge in other writings/wisdoms, but I can't see the other writings having the same merit as the Quran (btw it's not plural because we have only one quran) because simply they are not the words of God. That's what believing in god entails.

Drareg

No, even if the verse were not there, I would still seek knowledge in other writings/wisdoms, but I can't see the other writings having the same merit as the Quran (btw it's not plural because we have only one quran) because simply they are not the words of God. That's what believing in god entails.

Bets of luck with it. I'm not getting into it,the forum has gone down the road of religious fanaticism,nobody can have dialogue on these topics or we will get banned.
I'm not the only one feeling this way,it's like Peats topic are gone too complex for some people so it's back to craving and easier to understand concept.
With what you believe is your God open a thread and discuss why we should listen to what is said in your book,like why homosexuality is wrong according to quaran.

milk_lover

Bets of luck with it. I'm not getting into it,the forum has gone down the road of religious fanaticism,nobody can have dialogue on these topics or we will get banned.
I'm not the only one feeling this way,it's like Peats topic are gone too complex for some people so it's back to craving and easier to understand concept.
With what you believe is your God open a thread and discuss why we should listen to what is said in your book,like why homosexuality is wrong according to quaran.
Read science of fiqh in islam and let me know if it's easy.

I won't open a thread about why you should listen to quran. As I stated before, I am on a Peat website to learn not to advertise.

And I am not ashamed to say I am against homosexuality because it undermines families and society and it's my opinion so please don't police what I should think. I am not a Dereq living in Australia or America or whatever. We have different values. Don't judge people in your liberal lense.

Drareg

Read science of fiqh in islam and let me know if it's easy.

I won't open a thread about why you should listen to quran. As I stated before, I am on a Peat website to learn not to advertise.

And I am not ashamed to say I am against homosexuality because it undermines families and society and it's my opinion so please don't police what I should think. I am not a Dereq living in Australia or America or whatever. We have different values. Don't judge people in your liberal lense.

I'm not policing you if you don't police me or homosexuality,you started all this with your comments on homosexuals.
Your Playing the victim and resorting to strawman and ad hominem.
I'm not responding on religious topics anymore on this forum,I will however discuss whatever religion you wish to discuss if I'm guaranteed no ban.

Kyle M

Kind of anthro-projecting to call a change in structure "learning." Imagine how much the dough could have learned if they used coconut oil instead of veggie oil though!

Sucrates

Kind of anthro-projecting to call a change in structure "learning." Imagine how much the dough could have learned if they used coconut oil instead of veggie oil though!

Some brain octane oil and it might start reciting Joyce!
f969fee500302bcafc767cad28b194364d2270a49557d058968690359d17ec89.jpg

milk_lover

I'm not policing you if you don't police me or homosexuality,you started all this with your comments on homosexuals.
Your Playing the victim and resorting to strawman and ad hominem.
I'm not responding on religious topics anymore on this forum,I will however discuss whatever religion you wish to discuss if I'm guaranteed no ban.
I don't know what strawman or ad hominem stuff you always say. I believe those terms are used in debates. Good for you for using them.

Did I police you when I stated my opinion on homosexuality in the other thread? lol you follow me in every thread when I mention anything about religion and you get triggered.

You have mentioned the word ban ban ban many times already and you didn't get banned so I assume you are safe, don't worry islam is not popular in this forum, and most of the admins are women who believe if they are muslims, they will be stoned by men. Feel free to say whatever in your mind about it. At the end of day, that is your opinion and I can't hold anything against you. It's between you and God.

Drareg

I don't know what strawman or ad hominem stuff you always say. I believe those terms are used in debates. Good for you for using them.

Did I police you when I stated my opinion on homosexuality in the other thread? lol you follow me in every thread when I mention anything about religion and you get triggered.

You have mentioned the word ban ban ban many times already and you didn't get banned so I assume you are safe, don't worry islam is not popular in this forum, and most of the admins are women who believe if they are muslims, they will be stoned by men. Feel free to say whatever in your mind about it. At the end of day, that is your opinion and I can't hold anything against you. It's between you and God.

You referred to gods creation/children as disgusting and wrong when you mentioned homosexuality.
I did get banned but was allowed back in.

But interpretations of Islam say its ok to stone women,they are intelligent to be cautious.

milk_lover

You referred to gods creation/children as disgusting and wrong when you mentioned homosexuality.
I did get banned but was allowed back in.

But interpretations of Islam say its ok to stone women,they are intelligent to be cautious.
seh6p.gif

Drareg

Is an actress like this even allowed in Islam?
She would have to cover her beauty right? Not just her physical but her talent also. The parable of the talents....
The beauty of the creator being covered by humans,it's like putting sheets over Master Da Vincis work.

milk_lover

This is quite a provocative assertion. What makes you think you know what I or @Blossom or @tara think about islam?
I don't know, Giraffe. I just said that to assure Drareq that he can express his opinions freely without the fear of ban. Sorry if that sounded bad.

Is an actress like this even allowed in Islam?
She would have to cover her beauty right? Not just her physical but her talent also. The parable of the talents....
The beauty of the creator being covered by humans,it's like putting sheets over Master Da Vincis work.
Jennifer has a free pass. That beauty cannot be covered. It's too much to cover. Even if you wrap it in black, she will still look like a beautiful black bag.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
lol sorry Blossom and all the female admins. Many times I write stuff and then I regret that I wrote them. Thank you @Drareg for putting me in trouble :tongueout:
It o.k. You are not in trouble with me or anyone else as far as I know. I am an American but that doesn't mean I believe all the propaganda on the t.v.
I just hope everybody can get along because we are a small community..
I feel the same as you.

Drareg

lol sorry Blossom and all the female admins. Many times I write stuff and then I regret that I wrote them. Thank you @Drareg for putting me in trouble :tongueout:

Let's forget it you apolgised for your comments on homosexuals ,discussing religious and political topics are always controversial and we get nowhere.
The politics and religious discussions on here are lame efforts Imo.

How about a meta discussion on how religious indoctrination dooms one to seeing every facet of reality through that religions particular lenses.

When you look at it like that, science is a religion.

denise

How about a meta discussion on how religious indoctrination dooms one to seeing every facet of reality through that religions particular lenses.

When you look at it like that, science is a religion.
You can say it more generally that your paradigm/worldview shapes everything you see. So it could be a religion, or astrophysics, or veganism, or a political affiliation, or any number of things. I mean, even just buying a new car makes you see the world differently (you see all the other people driving the same car as you, where you never noticed them before). But certainly the more time/money/effort you put into your chosen paradigm, the more difficult it is to stay open minded in that particular area. I think this can be true even if at some point you choose to abandon it. I was raised in a conservative Christian family and held to that until my early 20s. It's now been 20 years since I gave it up, but I know that those old beliefs still influence me in some ways today.

Waynish

Makes me think of d3o and various material science progress that are trying to produce optimal substances for recovery from specific types of stressors... For example, space elevators that will have to heal from long term stress.

Remarkable study, showing that there may not be that much difference between what is in our heads and that cold rock lying by the road. The learning occurred through change of structure within the matter and required proper timing - i.e. both of these phenomena are required for learning in living creatures as well.
Eerily similar to the almost forgotten work of J.C. Bose at the beginning of the 20th century, which Peat wrote about in one of his articles.

Scientists See Signs of Learning in a Ball of Dough | RealClearScience

"...Humans can learn. Animals can learn. Plants can learn. So why can't a ball of dough learn, too? A new study published in PLoS ONE suggests that it can. Inspired by a now obscure 1955 paper showing that iron bars could be conditioned to respond to electromagnetic fields, researchers Nicolas Rouleau, Lukasz Karbowski, and Michael Persinger of Laurentian University sought to see if they could train an electroconductive material to respond to pulsed light from an LED by pairing the light with electric shocks. "Electroconductive material" is a fancy term for what the researchers described as "effectively a dough." Composed of 237 cubic centimeters (cc) of water, 355 cc of flour, 133 cc of lemon juice, 59 cc of table salt, 15 cc of vegetable oil, and 2cc of food coloring, the substance could easily be repurposed as a pie crust if you toss in a little sugar."

"...After training, and following a one or five-minute delay, they exposed the conditioned dough to a flash of the LED and observed its spectral power density. When the dough was presented with the LED light, it produced electrical activity to when it was shocked. Untrained dough did not show the response.
"Only when the dough had a history of being shocked when presented with the light did it express electrical activity with a spectral profile which overlapped with the shock profile," Rouleau explained via email.
"The fact that the 'conditioned' group displayed a power spectral density that was most similar to the power spectral density elicited by electric current only is consistent with learning
," he and his authors write.
Interestingly, the dough successfully "learned" the response when the flash and shock were paired within 130ms of each other. Any longer, and the response went unlearned. This mirrors what researchers observe with animals, Rouleau says. When stimuli are not paired closely enough in time, animals won't learn the desired behavior. Examining the dough under a microscope, the researchers saw physical evidence of how the dough was able to "learn." Dough exposed to both the shock and the light had a distinct structure compared to dough that went unexposed, was exposed the light only, was exposed to the shock only, or was crushed and recycled following the trials. "The histology data are what convinced us. We observed greater complexity... in the 'conditioned' samples," Rouleau told RCS. "In summary, the data indicate that a conditioned response can be encoded into a simple material, that the conditioned response is associated with structural modifications within the substrate," the researchers conclude. The results indicate that learning may be a far more fundamental process than previously thought.
Like graphene oxide?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals