What Ray Said

Gawdawg

There seems to be a misconception that Dr. Ray Peat promoted a specific diet, which he never did. Just because Ray ate a specific food didn’t mean anybody needed to eat that food. Those who listened to his interviews and read his material created the ‘Ray Peat Diet’. Sounds like there is a lack of thinking, perceiving and acting. In an interview, Ray said nutrition is an open book, it’s never closed; it’s always individual. If you followed a ‘Ray Peat Diet’ and had poor success at it, it’s not Ray’s fault. Also, I never heard him say take supplements everyday unless necessary, or if one is using 350mg of aspirin daily use vitamin K, or if you needed assistance with maintaining healthy thyroid function by using some Thyroid. Even the use of supplements is an open book and individual.

What Ray Said.jpeg

Regina

There seems to be a misconception that Dr. Ray Peat promoted a specific diet, which he never did. Just because Ray ate a specific food didn’t mean anybody needed to eat that food. Those who listened to his interviews and read his material created the ‘Ray Peat Diet’. Sounds like there is a lack of thinking, perceiving and acting. In an interview, Ray said nutrition is an open book, it’s never closed; it’s always individual. If you followed a ‘Ray Peat Diet’ and had poor success at it, it’s not Ray’s fault. Also, I never heard him say take supplements everyday unless necessary, or if one is using 350mg of aspirin daily use vitamin K, or if you needed assistance with maintaining healthy thyroid function by using some Thyroid. Even the use of supplements is an open book and individual.

View attachment 60919
:darts:

That's why I don't appreciate being called a cultist.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Who said I was calling you a cultist? The cultist are the ones who are harassing my family right now, harassing my families business and on and on. Disagreeing does not make someone a cultist.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:darts:

I have never had an issue with you btw, you are always respectful and carry yourself well.

View attachment 60919
I agree with you Gawdog, that there are lots of ways to keeping the metabolic rate up, and that people’s failures are not Ray Peat’s fault. The body is just as much art as it is science. Health is not a one size fits all. For me Ray Peat’s recommendations have paid off, though I don’t drink all of the milk and orange juice he did, I don’t take thyroid, and would never dream of dabbling in the antibiotics either. The science is there without much wiggle room, but we are all different, and just like curing cancer, there are many ways to do it.

freyasam

Also, people forget diet isn't everything. We're swimming in unnatural substances and radiation, and if someone doesn't feel well, they immediately blame diet.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Also, people forget diet isn't everything. We're swimming in unnatural substances and radiation, and if someone doesn't feel well, they immediately blame diet.
People are thriving on a low "vitamin A" and low toxin diet. It was the Ray Peat food suggestions that led to a horrific state for me, and I am not the only one this has happened too.

Mufasa

People are thriving on a low "vitamin A" and low toxin diet. It was the Ray Peat food suggestions that led to a horrific state for me, and I am not the only one this has happened too.
Did you improve your temps/bpm with your new diet? Or do you believe it is better to have a low metabolic rate now?

freyasam

Is there a quick overview of this approach somewhere I can read? I'm not able to read the 512 pages on the Genereux Vit A thread.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Is there a quick overview of this approach somewhere I can read? I'm not able to read the 512 pages on the Genereux Vit A thread.
It might help you to read Grant Genereux's free ebook if you are interested. There is a link on the first post of the Vit A thread. It wasn't until I read it that I felt like it would be worth a try. Haidut and Ray Peat either didn't read it or they pooh poohed the whole concept. Charlie has included Garret Smith's ideas about toxic bile. As with the Peat ideas, an individual approach is probably best.

freyasam

It might help you to read Grant Genereux's free ebook if you are interested. There is a link on the first post of the Vit A thread. It wasn't until I read it that I felt like it would be worth a try. Haidut and Ray Peat either didn't read it or they pooh poohed the whole concept. Charlie has included Garret Smith's ideas about toxic bile. As with the Peat ideas, an individual approach is probably best.
thanks; will do

Mufasa

Yes, my metabolism is rocking along.
Then I won't say your diet is really anti-peat. Just perceive, think, act.

There may be other reasons, that your metabolism works better on this diet though.
I would guess that it fixed your gut for some reason. And the "Peat" diet ruined your gut.
I think pectin fibers are completely overlooked by Ray Peat, and is a beneficial soluble fiber,
more beneficial than insoluble fiber to fix your gut and keep serotonin low.

It is high in carrots, lettuce, apples and rice (as percent of total soluble fibers):

There is a typo in this picture:
raw, peeled -> Carrots raw, peeled
1706545303166.png

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
There may be other reasons, that your metabolism works better on this diet though.
I would guess that it fixed your gut for some reason. And the "Peat" diet ruined your gut.
I think pectin fibers are completely overlooked by Ray Peat, and is a beneficial soluble fiber,
more beneficial than insoluble fiber to fix your gut and keep serotonin low.
Absolutely. Dr. Garret Smith has shown that gut issues come from lack of bile. Now that my bile is flowing better everything is simply working better and now that my bile acid profile is improving so it my gut terrain. Its beautiful! And yes fiber is so important to feed the right gut bacteria once the bile acid profile improves. #toxicbiletheory for the win.
Then I won't say your diet is really anti-peat. Just perceive, think, act.
Exactly!!!!

Peatress

Patrick Timpone asks Dr Peat about orange juice

PT: So you like orange juice?

RP: Oh yeah, when good stuff is available. It should be thoroughly ripened. The commercial stuff they are used to selling unripe oranges and so if they accidentally get ripe oranges they add acetic acid to it. For example the concentrated or canned varieties very often have acid added but the acid etches the enamel off your teeth so ripe oranges are safer in every way.

PT: So you would want to rinse out your mouth with clear water after orange juice?

RP: Yeah, clear water, maybe even baking soda if it's very acidic.

Lucy O

I agree with you Gawdog, that there are lots of ways to keeping the metabolic rate up, and that people’s failures are not Ray Peat’s fault. The body is just as much art as it is science. Health is not a one size fits all. For me Ray Peat’s recommendations have paid off, though I don’t drink all of the milk and orange juice he did, I don’t take thyroid, and would never dream of dabbling in the antibiotics either. The science is there without much wiggle room, but we are all different, and just like curing cancer, there are many ways to do it.
Can I ask you how you got your metabolism up? I'm stuck on 97.5 temperature after taking thyroid . My temperature started at 96.7 however I have not been able to get it above 97.5. My D levels are good. I'm thinking about stopping Thyroid.

Can I ask you how you got your metabolism up? I'm stuck on 97.5 temperature after taking thyroid . My temperature started at 96.7 however I have not been able to get it above 97.5. My D levels are good. I'm thinking about stopping Thyroid.
All that I can say about that Lucy is that I dropped all of my supplements and upped the value of my food choices, and my body does the figuring it out now. The second thing that was a big game changer, was getting fluoride out of my water, as well as not drinking so much straight water, which flushes nutrients out of the body before the body can utilize them. I use to strive to drink those 8 glasses a day and what a mistake. Thirdly fixing my sleep was big. I also find that grounding outside makes a difference in my day too.

ddjd

Absolutely. Dr. Garret Smith has shown that gut issues come from lack of bile. Now that my bile is flowing better everything is simply working better and now that my bile acid profile is improving so it my gut terrain. Its beautiful! And yes fiber is so important to feed the right gut bacteria once the bile acid profile improves. #toxicbiletheory for the win.

Exactly!!!!
Have you got a thread on your dietary changes Charlie? I'm going to try this out

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals